This light is now constantly on??

Go to solution Solved by Kilrah,

LED+/- is just always on. Nothing to do with the storage, for that you'd need to connect to HDD.

So after buying a new motherboard , ssd and cpu. This light used to indicate wether my HDD was being used or not it used to flash with it in reading or writing etc..

After installing the new ssd and installing windows on it and the new MB and CPU its now constantly on. I don't know if i connected anything wrong but the LED - and + are in correctly. Anyone knows anything??

IMG20220307125106.jpg

chack your motherboard manual and make sure you've not plugged it in to the POWER led header by mistake You want the one labeled HDD

Edit:

You're also correct.  The LED wouldn't be on at all if the polarity was the wrong way round

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

3 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

chack your motherboard manual and make sure you've not plugged it in to the POWER led header by mistake You want the one labeled HDD

Edit:

You're also correct.  The LED wouldn't be on at all if the polarity was the wrong way round

But it being constantly on doesnt mean that the hdd or ssd is constantly in use right??

2 minutes ago, FoxyZey said:

But it being constantly on doesnt mean that the hdd or ssd is constantly in use right??

not if you plugged it in to the power header no

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

What they say above. Honestly, I would just disconnect the LED completely. It would bother me a lot when watching movies, being so white and so bright. 

9 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

not if you plugged it in to the power header no

I just checked and it is connected to LED +  and - not HDD + and - so it just acts as any RGB light right? Like the green one up front

If connected there it will just be on any time the machine is on. And blink in standby likely.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

It should be a single color, since there's only voltage and ground , led+ and led- 

The motherboard MAY have some effects on it, like  blink or breathe (fade in, fade out)  if your PC is in sleep / stand-by modes but color shouldn't change.

3 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It should be a single color, since there's only voltage and ground , led+ and led- 

The motherboard MAY have some effects on it, like  blink or breathe (fade in, fade out)  if your PC is in sleep / stand-by modes but color shouldn't change.

No like the color doesn't change the color is constantly white but the green one has a button to change it. 

The white power button has no effects at all. 

I was just asking that if its connected to LED + and - does it mean it acts as a normal LED light and not connected to my storage behavior or does it mean my ssd/hdd is constantly working too?

LED+/- is just always on. Nothing to do with the storage, for that you'd need to connect to HDD.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Got it , thanks a lot mate.