Im stuck at 100mbps on dowload and upload!

Daldos

when ever i try to dowload a game it takes  1 to 3 hours for 50gb. i got a nic card thats rated for 10/100/1000 but my windows locked it at 10/100! i cant change it! i will leave some screanshots here.

Screenshot_10.png

Try a different cable. If that does not help, check if the device on the other side of your cable (router, switch, something else) has gigabit or 100Mbps ports.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

6 minutes ago, Daldos said:

when ever i try to dowload a game it takes  1 to 3 hours for 50gb. i got a nic card thats rated for 10/100/1000 but my windows locked it at 10/100! i cant change it! i will leave some screanshots here.

Screenshot_10.png

This could be caused by outdated ethernet drivers, a defective ethernet port on your motherboard, an ethernet port on your router/modem that only operates at 100mbps, or a bad ethernet cable or keystone jack between your computer and the router/modem. Gonna need a lot more details about how your PC is connected to your router/modem, plus the model of router/modem, and any switches or ethernet wall jacks (keystone jacks) your connection passes through.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

This could be caused by outdated ethernet drivers, a defective ethernet port on your motherboard, an ethernet port on your router/modem that only operates at 100mbps, or a bad ethernet cable or keystone jack between your computer and the router/modem. Gonna need a lot more details about how your PC is connected to your router/modem, plus the model of router/modem, and any switches or ethernet wall jacks (keystone jacks) your connection passes through.

i have tried 4 difrent cabels and bought a new cat7. i also bought a external nic witch is the one inb the picture. and this is only with my pc in my house hold the other have 1gbps speeds.

5 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Try a different cable. If that does not help, check if the device on the other side of your cable (router, switch, something else) has gigabit or 100Mbps ports.

i have tried these steps before to no availe.

20 minutes ago, Daldos said:

i have tried 4 difrent cabels and bought a new cat7. i also bought a external nic witch is the one inb the picture. and this is only with my pc in my house hold the other have 1gbps speeds.

Check the ethernet port is clean and none of the pins are damaged.

Also, don't buy CAT7 as its not intended for RJ45 connectors.  CAT5e is fine for Gigabit, CAT6A if you want overkill.

Have you tried in one of the other router ports that you know does Gigabit fine?

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Check the ethernet port is clean and none of the pins are damaged.

Also, don't buy CAT7 as its not intended for RJ45 connectors.  CAT5e is fine for Gigabit, CAT6A if you want overkill.

Have you tried in one of the other router ports that you know does Gigabit fine?

i switched my input in the router to high priorty with no change. and i thijnk this problem is with windows it self but i will cheack back in if the port was dirty.

it could also be that your router is locked to 100Mbps.. autonegotiation then will kick this to 100Mbps only.. 

what router are you using? 

are there any switches in between? 

are there any other wires (house CAT cabling) in between?

2 hours ago, RZomerman said:

it could also be that your router is locked to 100Mbps.. autonegotiation then will kick this to 100Mbps only.. 

what router are you using? 

are there any switches in between? 

are there any other wires (house CAT cabling) in between?

there is a ethernet hub between also all the ethernet cabels are connected to this hub and switching them dose nothing.

11 minutes ago, Daldos said:

there is a ethernet hub between also all the ethernet cabels are connected to this hub and switching them dose nothing.

What's the model of this switch/hub?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Are you connecting directly with a patch cable, or does it go through wall jacks?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, Needfuldoer said:

Are you connecting directly with a patch cable, or does it go through wall jacks?

wall jacks diretly blelow me is the router

2 hours ago, Lurick said:

What's the model of this switch/hub?

idk i know its from telia

So you are connecting your modem/router to the switch, and then the cables are going from the switch to different machines, correct?

Can you connect that machine to the router directly to test the speeds? And also confirm in modem/router setting that the port you are connecting to is working at 1Gbps

1 hour ago, Daldos said:

wall jacks diretly blelow me is the router

Sounds like the structured cabling in your wall isn't up to scratch. (It could be shared with a phone line, 10/100 only needs two pairs of wires to work, gigabit needs all four pairs. It could also be poorly terminated at one of the keystones; if there's too much crosstalk at one end for gigabit to pass, your computer and router fall back to 100 meg.)

Try connecting something else to the wall jack your computer's plugged into, with the same patch cable you're using for the PC. (Or bring the PC to a known good jack where something else gets a full gigabit connection.)

Check the adapter settings in device manager. There is an option in advanced to lock it to 100mbps.

47 minutes ago, uzivkovic97 said:

So you are connecting your modem/router to the switch, and then the cables are going from the switch to different machines, correct?

Can you connect that machine to the router directly to test the speeds? And also confirm in modem/router setting that the port you are connecting to is working at 1Gbps

This, connect directly and then work back slowly and see where the chain breaks.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

17 hours ago, Daldos said:

Bypass the switch/hub and all walljacks to rule them out. Your switch/hub might be limited to 10/100 speed, or more likely one of your wall ethernet jacks is of poor quality or otherwise broken/damaged.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

16 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Sounds like the structured cabling in your wall isn't up to scratch. (It could be shared with a phone line, 10/100 only needs two pairs of wires to work, gigabit needs all four pairs. It could also be poorly terminated at one of the keystones; if there's too much crosstalk at one end for gigabit to pass, your computer and router fall back to 100 meg.)

Try connecting something else to the wall jack your computer's plugged into, with the same patch cable you're using for the PC. (Or bring the PC to a known good jack where something else gets a full gigabit connection.)

theres a ps4 and pc on the other side of the wall so im gussing tey run on the same. and as i have stated the issue is with my pc only but i will try your reccemdation

15 hours ago, Lurick said:

This, connect directly and then work back slowly and see where the chain breaks.

that would require a long cable i do not have

17 minutes ago, Daldos said:

You only need to briefly bring the switch to the PC, plug it in, and check the link speed.

23 hours ago, Daldos said:

If this is indeed an "Ethernet hub" this is usually 100Mbps only.. which then causes the speed to drop.. you probably need to have a "Gigabit Switch" to ensure you get 1Gbps..  can you state which devices you have ? (Vendor, type)

3 hours ago, Daldos said:

Just bring your PC to the router/modem to test the speeds so you can confirm that you have / don't have problem.

Btw, what speed should you have?

5 hours ago, Daldos said:

theres a ps4 and pc on the other side of the wall so im gussing tey run on the same. and as i have stated the issue is with my pc only but i will try your reccemdation

It's possible whoever made the network run split the four pairs of wires up into two jacks, or just didn't do it right. And if those other devices are plugged into a gigabit switch, they'll report they have a gigabit connection even if the switch only has 100 megs through the wall back to your router.

You're assuming the issue is with your PC, but until you plug something else into the PC's network port, or try the PC in a known good network port, you don't know that for certain.

Your connection to the router is 100mbps,try a different router.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566