Looking for AIO That Replaces Stock AM4 Mounting Hardware

Ty2525

As the title suggests, I need an aio that comes with its own am4 backplate/mounting brackets as a lot of the coolers I have seen use the stock AMD cooler mounting. This would be fine, but my motherboard has been used in multiple different builds over the years and the stock hardware is more non-existent than my future. 

A few requirements: 

Price doesn't matter

Must have RGB/Screen pump housing, but doesn't need RGB fans. 

Must be 360mm. 

Brand doesn't matter, though would prefer popular brands like Asus, EK, NZXT, etc. 

And of course, must come with hardware that can mount itself to a bare am4 motherboard/doesn't use stock brackets. 

For context, it is going on an overclocked 5800x. 

I'd appreciate anyone that can help me find a cooler that doesn't require the original mounting hardware. Thank you in advance!

Just saying, it's probably cheaper to just buy a new backplate and mounting hardware. There really aren't many AIOs or water blocks in general that use a different backplate than the stock AM4 one since why include something that someone should already have. Plus you can find them on eBay for like $7.

I got a new backplate from Amazon for $7 USD. They're also available on ebay as well, as mentioned above. 

Is there a specific reason to avoid buying a replacement backing plate/mount and then buying whatever cooler you want?

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

2 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Just saying, it's probably cheaper to just buy a new backplate and mounting hardware. There really aren't many AIOs or water blocks in general that use a different backplate than the stock AM4 one since why include something that someone should already have. Plus you can find them on eBay for like $7.

Mainly because I use my PC a lot, including for work, and my current aio died. I have to buy a temporary cooler and since I'm already buying an aio just thought it would be cheaper to just buy an aio with its own mounting hardware rather than buy the hardware that aios might already come with. I could have sworn some aios came with their own mounting hardware. But it sounds like it's not as common as I thought?

Edit: price isn't a factor but the time it would take me to order a kit, get it and install it, at that point I might as well just buy an aio with said mounting hardware. I only plan on having the temporary cooler for like a week. 

1 minute ago, Ty2525 said:

But it sounds like it's not as common as I thought?

I think I remember being maybe 2-3 different ones that come with it, and they're both fairly expensive. Just get an Arctic Liquid Freezer II and a $7 backplate, it'll be cheaper and perform very well for a reasonable price. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I think I remember being maybe 2-3 different ones that come with it, and they're both fairly expensive. Just get an Arctic Liquid Freezer II and a $7 backplate, it'll be cheaper and perform very well for a reasonable price. 

Like I said price isn't really a factory. I actually have connections with best buy so I can get a pretty good discount, price isn't a factor anyways to be honest. I use my PC for work so I can justify spending nearly any amount of money on it. 

My previous comment made it sound like it was price related, but as I edited it, I meant I'm only planning on using an air cooler I buy used for a week temporarily until I find an aio. So it doesn't make sense to find a kit and install it just to turn around and buy an aio that could already come with the hardware. Not price related, just doesn't make sense to buy something I probably don't need. 

If you remember the name of the aios that come with them, I can verify and just buy one of them. You're talking to someone who spent $225 on a case for a PC with a 2400g originally, I don't think the price will be anything I haven't seen before. 

2 minutes ago, Ty2525 said:

Like I said price isn't really a factory. I actually have connections with best buy so I can get a pretty good discount, price isn't a factor anyways to be honest. I use my PC for work so I can justify spending nearly any amount of money on it. 

My previous comment made it sound like it was price related, but as I edited it, I meant I'm only planning on using an air cooler I buy used for a week temporarily until I find an aio. So it doesn't make sense to find a kit and install it just to turn around and buy an aio that could already come with the hardware. Not price related, just doesn't make sense to buy something I probably don't need. 

If you remember the name of the aios that come with them, I can verify and just buy one of them. You're talking to someone who spent $225 on a case for a PC with a 2400g originally, I don't think the price will be anything I haven't seen before. 

Price should always be a factor though. If something performs equally well and serves no advantages over something cheaper, why spend extra?

Besides, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II is one of the best performing AIOs on the market, especially considering it's one of the cheapest you can get as well. All of the very good performing AIOs on the market that I know of use the stock AMD backplate, so if you want the best of the best, you're gonna have to buy a backplate anyway. 

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Price should always be a factor though. If something performs equally well and serves no advantages over something cheaper, why spend extra?

Besides, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II is one of the best performing AIOs on the market, especially considering it's one of the cheapest you can get as well. All of the very good performing AIOs on the market that I know of use the stock AMD backplate, so if you want the best of the best, you're gonna have to buy a backplate anyway. 

i wrongly assumed you could only buy am4 mounting hardware from sellers that take 37 days to ship. i was not aware i could get same day shipping on said mounting hardware. i am still interested in getting an aio that comes with everything instead of buying something I may not need. But now that I see mounting hardware is both cheap and obtainable very quickly, I definitely could go that route. I could have sworn last time I checked for mounting hardware it was all from questionable sellers with longer ship times. 

That isn't the case anymore. So thanks for pointing that out. 

As for price, I wanted rgb to match my case, ram, and motherboard. So artic was out of the question. 

And otherwise I wouldn't mind having a screen for example. 

With those things in mind, it is reasonable to assume I would have been spending more than the average person on an aio. And I was fine with that. 

If you're still taking suggestions, can I recommend the Lian Li Galahad 360? Comes in white or black, features RGB on both the pump and the fans, and performs extremely well? 

If price isn't a factor but you want the aesthetics AND the performance, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It's been reviewed several times and always performs well and also doesn't require any additional software to run the RGB or the fans

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3