Non-Surprise!: Netflix And Hulu Are Starting To Kill Cable

Sodisna

netflix should expand to the rest of the world,

i need to use a vpn to watch netflix.

Cable it's what's killing cable, it was only a matter of time before better alternatives (a la carte digital delivery) and better content (what we now mostly do in the internets, subscribe to youtube channels like LTT) were going to eventually overrun them. But if they insists on ignoring all that and just keep producing endless fucking sitcoms or more supernatural fags teen dramas,  as well as every possible motherfucking permutation of "reality" shows (seriously we're now fascinated by the making of goddamn cakes?) well you reap what you sow

-------

Current Rig

-------

If only cable and internet providers would wake up.

once im on my own im not even going to pay for cable, a netflix and hulu subscription will get me almost everything cable does at half or even a third of the price of cable

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

once im on my own im not even going to pay for cable, a netflix and hulu subscription will get me almost everything cable does at half or even a third of the price of cable

Yep. The only reason my family has cable is because of my dad.

Per month:

Cable: ~$150

Hulu+Netflix+Amazon Prime: ~$24

Cable it's what's killing cable, it was only a matter of time before better alternatives (a la carte digital delivery) and better content (what we now mostly do in the internets, subscribe to youtube channels like LTT) were going to eventually overrun them. But if they insists on ignoring all that and just keep producing endless fucking sitcoms or more supernatural fags teen dramas,  as well as every possible motherfucking permutation of "reality" shows (seriously we're now fascinated by the making of goddamn cakes?) well you reap what you sow

"Behold! Fox's newest teen drama! A love story between a human female and a alien vampire wolf!"

Technically, Cable TV is internet-based. Or switching to Internet-based. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

"Behold! Fox's newest teen drama! A love story between a human female and a alien vampire wolf!"

You mean a reality show about a Love story between a human female and an alien vampire wolf.....who works on a cake shop....

-------

Current Rig

-------

Per month:

yup, sad really, especially when half the good chanels need you to buy another 20$ monthly sub ontop of the 150$ ._.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

yup, sad really, especially when half the good chanels need you to buy another 20$ monthly sub ontop of the 150$ ._.

Yeah, that doesn't even include things like HBO or any of that.

Yeah, that doesn't even include things like HBO or any of that.

oh and if you want to use a dvr dont forget about that

oh and if you want to use a dvr dont forget about that

lol Yep, for a DVR from like 2004 we pay around $20 a month to rent it!

TV: Around $200

Internet (30 down 18up): $60+All the streaming stuff=$84 and you get to use everything else.

Per month:

Modem: $0

Router: $0

This worries me.  This is the one thing that could force companies like Comcast, Verizon, TWC to really jack up their internet prices and put strict caps on them.  I know we think some of them are bad now but it could get much worse.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Per month:

:\ we were going to cancel our TV, which would let us get 50down 5 up. Where I am the top you can get with TV phone and internet all together is 15down 3up. Then right before we were about to cancel tv and get 50down 5up... My mom says she wants a TV again (after already getting rid of our old one). ffs.

All I can say to cable companies is bye bye!

bye-bye.gif

Holy shit is that Van Dame? He looks worst than fucking Rick Flair on that!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Holy shit is that Van Dame? He looks worst than fucking Rick Flair on that!

Yeah... he's over 50 now, but drugs didn't help either. lol

:\ we were going to cancel our TV, which would let us get 50down 5 up. Where I am the top you can get with TV phone and internet all together is 15down 3up. Then right before we were about to cancel tv and get 50down 5up... My mom says she wants a TV again (after already getting rid of our old one). ffs.

I forgot, my mom says, "oh we can get lower prices," and commits to a 2 year contract AHHHHHH

About damn time... Why anyone would prefer having to track which time something airs and watch whichever program is on instead of watching what you actually want to see is beyond me.