Cat7 cable once did 1gbps but after re-crimping one end it can now only manage 100mbps, thoughts?

As the topic says;

I have a cat7 cable that I cut to a shorter length and crimped a new connecter to the now open end. I used a cable tester to verify I maintained a straight through cable config (T-568A) it was ordered correctly and I was getting signal from one end to the other. However after plugging the cable from my switch to my pc I noted that I was getting 100mbps. Using a purchased cable from the same manufacturer I was getting 1gbps so I'm not exactly sure why my cat7 cable suddenly can't do 1gbps.

Some context;

So in a previous post, my roommates dog chewed into my Cat7 cable and it damaged a few pairs but left the cable working but not at full speeds. I have since replaced that cable and gone on to once again enjoy my 1gbps internet, however I'm not one to just throw away a still salvageable cable, so I cut out the damaged section and re-crimped the ends, but after testing them, in my known working 1gbps setup, I can only manage 100mbps. 
If anybody has any kind of experience in crimping ethernet cables and knows what I could do to remedy this loss in speeds I'd be very appreciative.

NOTE: I have already tried cutting it off and redoing the connection but I received the same results.

Why exactly are you using cat 7? Cat 5e or Cat 6a would be much better options .

Generally if your not getting the speeds, you fucked up the crimp and or you did not wire it properly. Do make sure you are wiring each end properly, and make sure you are exposing enough when you strip them

As above, dropping down to 100Mbps is basically always a bad crimp or a mis-wire. Also everything now days uses T-568B so you've most likely got swapped pairs and that is why you aren't getting 1Gbps. "A" standard is essentially legacy and not used, has been for a few decades now.

Did you just use one of those testers with the LEDs that light up in sequence? They'll tell you if you got the wires in the right order and if you have continuity across them all, but they can't test the cable for crosstalk. Unfortunately, those tools get very expensive.

If you used EZ-RJs (where the ends of the wires stick through and get cut by the crimper), make sure your crimper's blade isn't getting dull. Sometimes the wires can get mushroomed out at the end instead of cut cleanly, which can affect signal integrity. It's also easy to untwist too much cable, which disturbs the balanced signals traveling on the pairs and leads to crosstalk and other interference.

You're sure there aren't any other damaged parts of the cable? (There aren't any spots that have a permanent kink in them, like a loop that got pulled tighter and tighter until it looked straight again?) I've had that happen with bulk riser cable.

Can you post a couple pictures of the factory end next to the end you re-terminated?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Maybe also crimp a new connector to the other end?

And double-check the cable again with the tester. connect the tester on both ends and make sure all the individual cables are wired correctly (the LEDs light up in sequence 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, etc)

If all is good maybe there is some other damage on the cable itself.

Also as a network engineer i can tell you that sometimes cat7 or cat5e or cat6 cables can say in theory they are cat7, but in practice , many cheaper manufacturers cut corners on the type of metal used in the wires.

9 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Can you post a couple pictures of the factory end next to the end you re-terminated?

this suggestion is very good by Needfuldoer