Antec VP-500PC - Good for upgrades today?

AzowiX

I have this PSU with AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with RX570 card.

Maybe wanna to upgrade to 3060Ti card for mining and gaming, that is LHR card.

What you think?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

It's some groupregulated junk from Antec and in the 'Avoid Tier' for a reason. Replace it!

Not good even if not have any plan to upgrade this system?

you posted the same question pretty much in three different ways lol. same answer, it's not a good psu, would recommend a better one if planning to upgrade.

4 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

Are you sure? this PSU is in use with this system until today lol

maybe 3-4 years.

Yeah. You basically got lucky. It won't be the first or last time I find someone being lucky. But there are so many others that weren't. ANY change to your system could send it into pc killing mode basically or it could be fine. But there is no guarantee it will be fine unlike a quality psu. A 3060(ti) is defo going to send it to death.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah. You basically got lucky. It won't be the first or last time I find someone being lucky. But there are so many others that weren't. ANY change to your system could send it into pc killing mode basically or it could be fine. But there is no guarantee it will be fine unlike a quality psu. A 3060(ti) is defo going to send it to death.

Oh are you sure... after all that is not some generic PSU but okay.

Maybe the most important thing to upgrade is the memory and the PSU lol

1 minute ago, AzowiX said:

Oh are you sure... after all that is not some generic PSU but okay.

Maybe the most important thing to upgrade is the memory and the PSU lol

This might as well be a generic psu. Just because it has a name brand doesn't mean it's good.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

This might as well be a generic psu. Just because it has a name brand doesn't mean it's good.

There are "brand names" I guarantee OP has never heard of that make great PSU's but he's defending the honor of a cheap time bomb because it has the logo of Antec (a brand that hasn't been relevant for anything in like a decade or more) on the side. 

I don't know why you would ask this community for advice, get a universal consensus in the responses, and then keep going "are you sure?"

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

There are "brand names" I guarantee OP has never heard of that make great PSU's but he's defending the honor of a cheap time bomb because it has the logo of Antec (a brand that hasn't been relevant for anything in like a decade or more) on the side. 

I don't know why you would ask this community for advice, get a universal consensus in the responses, and then keep going "are you sure?"

Yeah I don't get why the are you sure is constantly being asked. It's been reviewd, tested and proven to be crap. Even customer reviews over a longer period of time complain about it readily.

On the name part a notorious name like chieftec or raidmax have actually quite good psu's BUT they also have some of THE WORST psu's you can find. Brand means nothing only the product matters.

15 minutes ago, jaslion said:

8 minutes ago, Middcore said:

40 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Correct

40 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

you posted the same question pretty much in three different ways lol. same answer, it's not a good psu, would recommend a better one if planning to upgrade.

Also I have here some PSU in other system - Antec Neo Eco Modular NE550M 

You think that is better if I will replace them both and will install the Neo Eco in this system?

2 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

Antec Neo Eco Modular NE550M 

You think that is better if I will replace them both and will install the Neo Eco in this system?

Not good either. Same tier as your AntecVP500PC.

1 minute ago, --SID-- said:

Not good either. Same tier as your AntecVP500PC.

Not really.. the VP is in the Avoid tier and the other one is in the Tier B but in the low priority units

21 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

Not really.. the VP is in the Avoid tier and the other one is in the Tier B but in the low priority units

no offense, but why are you asking if you don't want the answers whatsoever. you seem to be hoping someone will confirm what you think, instead of giving a real answer. same with the other threads.

39 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

There are multiple Antec Neo Eco units. The one in Tier B is a gold-rated unit. Your NE (this one, right?) is in the low-priority section of Tier C. 

Regardless, this is not a place to come to have people put a stamp of approval on what you've already decided to do. That would be a waste of time. If you ask for advice people will give you honest recommendations. They may not be what you want to hear, you can take or leave them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

36 minutes ago, AzowiX said:

the other one is in the Tier B but in the low priority units

That's NE-G-M, a Gold certified unit. I guess yours is Bronze certified or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, AzowiX said:

Also I have here some PSU in other system - Antec Neo Eco Modular NE550M 

Which one is it? Because the bronze one is also terrible. The gold one is pretty decent.