Intel 11700K need opinions on cpu cooler

Zero83

Hi! I have a stock 11700K with a

Noctua nh-d15 chromax 1 fan in the center and another as an exhaust. I have another 120 as a side exhaust, 1 as a top and another as a rear exhaust. I have a single 200mm fan as an intake in front all in a coolermaster haf x case.  My temps are stable at about 35c idle and about 65 under load

I want to get a new case and was looking at the corsair 7000D High Airflow. My question is are there better coolers out there for my cpu? I also want to load it up with as many fans as possible. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

You already have one of the top air coolers. I think one or two can beat it but just barely. You're looking at a custom loop or an Arctic Liquid Freezer 280+ etc to beat it by any margin. And even then you're splitting hairs.

You'd see similar gains from lapping the ihs and cold plate, using liquid metal or even attempting direct die but that's a whole other animal.

Your temps are fine and you will get more gains in performance with other components or saving the money for the next step up CPU etc.

Unless you're planning to OC the hell out of that chip and want more headroom, I'd say you're more than fine with those temps. Anything under 70C at heavy load is perfect in my books if you're staying at stock.

A custom loop with a good to high quality (and thicc) 240 or bigger rad is your next real step up, and even then you'd need a high quality water block to beat that air cooler with fans and a pump to match.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Is there a downside to switching to the Corsair 7000D and keeping the noctua? With that case I can load up more fans in a push/pull. Is it worth it to tear apart somthing that works just for a nicer case more fans and rgb? Thanks again

5 hours ago, Zero83 said:

Thanks so much for the feedback. Is there a downside to switching to the Corsair 7000D and keeping the noctua? With that case I can load up more fans in a push/pull. Is it worth it to tear apart somthing that works just for a nicer case more fans and rgb? Thanks again

That's entirely up to you, really. Personally if the system works it works, but there's always room for improvement. I'm constantly tinkering with my personal systems, sometimes to the point of excess I'll admit.

If you think it would be a worthwhile improvement for performance or even just the aesthetics to make it more pleasing to your tastes, then it's worth it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.