Should Caselabs be reopened?

Mark Walter

Guys everyone here knows that Caselabs was one of the best PC case manufacturing company ever so  it should be  reopened and come back in business.if so should it

Your thoughts on it!

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You're welcome to go rehire the people who worked for caselabs and restart the company if you have enough money.

Actually someone did buy up the remnants of caselabs and is planning to bring them back.

https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/caselabs_is_reportedly_coming_back_from_the_dead/1

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You're welcome to go rehire the people who worked for caselabs and restart the company if you have enough money

Man I can't do it. I can't even think of that😅

2 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Actually someone did buy up the remnants of caselabs and is planning to bring them back

What really!

Hopefully Caselabs returns. Not many brands in the space can claim a legacy back to 1971.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 1:54 PM, Mark Walter said:

What really!

Yes really, as the buyer I can confirm it. :)

On 2/21/2022 at 1:58 PM, Mel0nMan said:

Yeah it was like a year ago or so... don't know if anything has come out of it yet

The deal was made in September 2021. I recieved the USB drive in November or December 2021 and have been trying to convert the .prt files to .dxf format since then and finally been able to find a software that does the job. 

On 2/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, COAGULOPATH said:

Hopefully Caselabs returns. Not many brands in the space can claim a legacy back to 1971.

We will return in one way or another. Hopefully this year. It all depends on how fast I can convert the 1250-ish files. finding a manufacturer and then working with that manufacturer to produce "working" parts (there are no instructions on how to fold the parts so we need to figure that out). 

• 2 weeks later...

Converting the files took a lot less time than I initially thought. The process i got described to me was "open the .prt file in the program -> save as -> pick a location and name for the .dxf file -> save -> close the workspace -> oprn a new .prt file" but it was basically just drag and drop the file on a .bat-file that did the converting for me. The .bat file didn't do batch conversion so I had to drag and drop each file individually. Took me about two hours to convert about 1200 files while also doing laundry. 

Now I have to figure out what each part is since the file names are like "29457_0" and there are no part name in the file, just the drawing of the part. I also have about 7500 "sheets" (multiple parts laid down on a imaginary sheet) to convert. But at least its progress. 

1 hour ago, Rytterstedt said:

Converting the files took a lot less time than I initially thought. The process i got described to me was "open the .prt file in the program -> save as -> pick a location and name for the .dxf file -> save -> close the workspace -> oprn a new .prt file" but it was basically just drag and drop the file on a .bat-file that did the converting for me. The .bat file didn't do batch conversion so I had to drag and drop each file individually. Took me about two hours to convert about 1200 files while also doing laundry. 

Now I have to figure out what each part is since the file names are like "29457_0" and there are no part name in the file, just the drawing of the part. I also have about 7500 "sheets" (multiple parts laid down on a imaginary sheet) to convert. But at least its progress. 

might be a good idea to open a new thread so people can fallow 

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 months later...

I do hope you find a good partner. Doing quality control in China is no mean feat.

• 2 months later...

Any further word on when Caselabs will be reopened?  

Thermaltake kind of took the reins on the Caselabs front with their Core W- Series. But it would be really cool if they came back. 

Marline
Top Loop:
Thermaltake Pacific PR2U Dual 5.25" Bay D5 Pump/Resorvior Combo / EK ZMT Tubing / A mixture of Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings Bit Fenix and Alpha Cool / Alphacool NexXxos 280mm 45mm Thick Copper Pass-through Radiator / Alphacool NexXxos 140mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / XSPC G1/4 1/2ID Chrome Compression Fittings / Freeze Mod AM4 CPU Waterblock / 3x Noctua Redux 140mm fans
The Bottom: 
Custom Made 2mm Thick Steel PSU Shroud / Aqua Computer Aqua Tube POM Reservoir / Alphacool Eisdeck 5 w/D5 655 Pump / EK ZMT Tubing / Alphacool 45° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Bitfenix 90° Chrome Plated Brass Rotary Fittings / Alphacool Chrome Plates Brass Pass Through Fittings / Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnects / Bitfenix Full Cover Water Block 2080ti / Alphacool NexXxos 200mm 45mm Thick Copper Radiator / Noctua Chromax 200mm Fan / The fluid I used for both was EK Cryofuel Acid Green
Computer Specs:
Thermaltake F31 Suppressor / Ryzen 9 3950X / 32gb G. Skill 3200mhz RAM / Asus B550-E motherboard / Zotac RTX 2080 ti 11gb / EVGA 1000 GS PSU / Samsung 970 Evo Gen3 NVMe SSD / Western Digital SN850X Gen 4 NVMe SSD / 4x PNY 120 gb SSDs in RAID 0 / 1x Spectre 512gb SSD / 1x Patriot 240gb SSD / 1x 1Tb Western Digital Black 7200RPM HDD / 1x 2Tb Seagate 5400RPM HDD / Windows 10

• 2 months later...
On 8/8/2022 at 11:57 AM, boxfetish said:

Any further word on when Caselabs will be reopened?  

I've been sick (pulmonary embolism probably caused by post-covid) and been renovating my apartment so I haven't had much time to work on this project. We're hoping to launch the first half of 2023 due to this. 

On 6/2/2022 at 5:29 PM, WinDreamer said:

I do hope you find a good partner. Doing quality control in China is no mean feat.

Thanks, but we'll do the manufacturing in Sweden.