AMD OR INTEL?

I could not agree with you more Techfan@ic, it's like we see theses polls, once or twice a week now :(

People are probably running out of idea's lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

its unfortunate for me though when i own a q6600 =/

I know your pain. I just upgraded to a 3570K.

\

its unfortunate for me though when i own a q6600 =/

Still a very good CPU, my bro has had one of those for about 6 years this year and clocked at 3.2GHz

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD

Because I don't want Intel to be a monopoly. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I don't take sides. But somehow, for some reason, I have never bought an AMD CPU. At the times I've been upgrading, they simply didn't have a processor that met my demands. Maybe next time.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

amds lower end solutions blow intel out of the water but once you get higher end cpus intel blows amd out of the water imo of course 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Noo not again!!!

But Intel anyways!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Intel is my personal preference because I don't mind spending the extra money, but any of my mates who are trying to build a PC on the budget I'll never just blindly push my love for intel in their face. 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

No love for Cyrix ? 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Amongst the enthusiast community (us) AMD actually has a lot of goodwill. I.e. A lot of us would rather buy AMD in a situation where other factors like performance and efficiency are equal. I had an Athlon 64 build for a very long time. Was eagerly awaiting bulldozer release to upgrade. But the day after it came out and after seeing the benchmarks i had No choice but to switch to Intel sandy bridge. Would have thought twice if piledriver was out by then but the way it stood at the time i wasn't willing to sacrifice gaming performance for the sake of my inner fanboy.

Which ever one happens to have the best bang for the buck at the time...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I think we're all Intel Fanboys here, Intel got my vote btw

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Intel for performance and AMD for people who are on a budget. I like Intel because they have the best performance. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I know its scary but AMD for me as the 8320 meets my price point while an i5 just has a price that will not drop

the core i5 out performs the AMD 8 core 8320 in terms of raw performance.

look at Core i5 3570K if u r budget is 210$ and the AMD's top FX 8350 4.0 ghz is 190$.

the intel chip has less L3 Cache 6 mb compared to AMD's 8 mb L3 Cache.

This intel chip power consumption@idle state 67W n AMD has idle power consumption@92W  

high power consumption@107W  n AMD@182W.

But keep in mind the intel n mobo combo costs higher than the AMD with mobo combo.

if u r on a tight budget go for AMD n if u r ok with intel combo price u can go for intel.

the core i5 out performs the AMD 8 core 8320 in terms of raw performance.

look at Core i5 3570K if u r budget is 210$ and the AMD's top FX 8350 4.0 ghz is 190$.

the intel chip has less L3 Cache 6 mb compared to AMD's 8 mb L3 Cache.

This intel chip power consumption@idle state 67W n AMD has idle power consumption@92W  

high power consumption@107W  n AMD@182W.

But keep in mind the intel n mobo combo costs higher than the AMD with mobo combo.

if u r on a tight budget go for AMD n if u r ok with intel combo price u can go for intel.

Now compare in the UK the 3570k is £200 and the 8320 is £120. The point is i would rather get a slightly worse processor and spend that money on a gpu which will make a bigger difference

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Micro center

intel core i5 3570k-$189.99 

Amd fx 8350-$179.99

intel core i7 3770k-$229.99

but haswell is almost here, you might as well wait and ivy bridge chips will get even cheaper

but haswell is almost here, you might as well wait and ivy bridge chips will get even cheaper

And hopefully Sandy Bridge will be cheaper still lol

Now compare in the UK the 3570k is £200 and the 8320 is £120. The point is i would rather get a slightly worse processor and spend that money on a gpu which will make a bigger difference

Next gen consoles are going to have  AMD 8 core processors, meaning games may start to work a lot better with multi-cores, which hopefully will take some power away from Intel.

choose between AMD or Intel is is actually quite hard at this point in time.

choose between AMD or Intel is is actually quite hard at this point in time.

Yea same here, I prefer Intel but I really want AMD to do well and especially with the FX-6300 and what not I would certainly consider it alongside an Intel system since it's the much improved Piledriver over the older Bulldozer, my mate had a Bulldozer and was a pile of crap.

when is AMD steamroller actually coming out?

AMD has been hush-hush about it and haven't really disclosed any new info.

Wasn't sure but I came across this

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_steamroller_on_track_for_2013_launch.html

Ahh so that article is useless then lol