Lost video out while downloading a game on steam

Rodneyg87

So here’s the thing I started downloading lost ark tonight on steam about 7-8gb into the download I lost video but my computer still sounds like it’s downloading the file. The first time this happened I killed the power to my pc and rebooted when it came up my secondary drive which is an adata sx8200 pro wasn’t being detected, so the first thing I though dam is my drive dying so I took the drive out re-seated it and booted back up no issues till I started downloading the file again same result. I downloaded the adata ssd toolbox thinking it might show me a dead drive and it didn’t so now I’m not sure what’s going on anyone have any ideas? System specs below.

ryzen 5 3600x locked at 4.4ghz all core

16gb trident z 3600 cl16

X470 crosshair 7 hero Wi-Fi mobo 

evga rtx 3080 ftw3

2x 750watt evga g2 power supplies 

all temps are fine cpu up till screen turned off was at 33c 

gpu wasn’t being used but either way sitting at 30c

So I can confirm it still downloaded the file without issue after the screen went black again. I let it be for about 20 minutes and when I rebooted the system video came back up without issue and the game was fully downloaded, so that rules out failing nvme drive. It also has no issues gaming gpu ramps up without issues so idk what it could be,

Haven’t touched my pc all week due to working, I get off tonight I boot up and within minutes the pc turns off and boots back up but not detecting the nvme drive once again

Why in the world are you using dual 750 W PSU:s?

Does the problem persists with only one PSU connected to the system?

Did you just lose signal out from the card or did it also ramp the fans to full speed?

On 2/19/2022 at 4:26 AM, Mattias Edeslatt said:

Why in the world are you using dual 750 W PSU:s?

Does the problem persists with only one PSU connected to the system?

Did you just lose signal out from the card or did it also ramp the fans to full speed?

2 years ago when i got my 3080 as it turned out my system would draw more power than a 750w psu could handle so i would keep tripping over current protection and during that time 1000-1200 watt psu's were so ungodly expensive it made more sense to go dual psu. I managed to snag another G2 750w for $74.99 brand new so i just put the 2nd one in my o11 dynamic and its worked just fine ever since. No I have not set it back to single psu since all this started since I kinda draw over 800 watts with this system the way it is. No my gpu did not ramp to 100 percent like it does if I dont turn the switch off fast enough after shutdown. The system kept operating just fine without issue but when I would hard reset the system the D drive which is my sx8200 pro nvme drive would not be detected and this behavior happens everytime I would try to access that drive. Today I received a pcie adaptor card so I plugged it in and the drive still wont detect so I think I have a bad drive but the screwed up thing is I was re-downloading a couple games in the last hour and as soon as I finished the download on apex legends my system did the blank screen thing again while the system in the background was still running just fine. So I hope I don't have a second drive dying on me, now this last drive is a WD blue sata 6 m.2 that I have had in my system since late 2018

So if your computer only goes to a black screen, and doesn't turn off... Have you tried uninstalling the NVIDIA driver, running a program like ccleaner, restarting the pc, and downloading & re-installing the latest driver?

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos