In need of new phone recommendation

Andrew D4

Hi, I currently have an iPhone 7 from a long time ago. It still works fine but the battery drains very quick and it is starting to act a little slow so I decided it was time for an upgrade. Do you guys think it would be good for me to get the iPhone 13 or 13 pro? Or any other phone recommendations? I won't be going android because I already have a Macbook and AirPods and it just works I guess (still have a windows PC for gaming tho 🙂  ). With my 7, I got it when it first launched and I got the phone and plan for free each month as long as I use under 1 GB of data and still pay for their expensive Xfinity Wifi. I suppose no one knows any of those deals coming around as well for newer phones?

Thanks Again if you took the time to read this!

Why does this even need a thread?  You want to stay in the "walled-garden"?  You're stuck with Apple.  So there's maybe 2 generations to choose between, and maybe 2 different phone sizes within those.  It's not calculus.

I was mostly wondering if it would be good to upgrade now or wait, don't bother responding if you think it doesn't deserve a thread. I just thought you guys were the experts. And I am currently taking calculus and I can say with a fact that choosing a new phone is much harder than the calc

If you were hunting android, sure.  You're stuck in apple-land.

If calc is that easy for you, I look forward with great anticipation for you proving that odd perfect numbers exist--since you clearly have mastered math.

Judging by what everyone is saying so far, the next iPhone is going to be another minor upgrade, so I don't think it's really worth waiting for.

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

3 hours ago, AudiTTFan said:

Judging by what everyone is saying so far, the next iPhone is going to be another minor upgrade, so I don't think it's really worth waiting for.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'll go for the 13!

Thanks again for providing an answer 🙂

3 hours ago, IPD said:

If you were hunting android, sure.  You're stuck in apple-land.

If calc is that easy for you, I look forward with great anticipation for you proving that odd perfect numbers exist--since you clearly have mastered math.

I apologize if I came off as rash, I am not experienced in the tech world at all. Maybe next time you respond to someone think of them as someone who doesn't know what they are doing. I promise almost everyone on here is nice. Again, I apologize if I ruined your day with my honest question that "doesn't deserve a thread".

2 hours ago, Andrew D4 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'll go for the 13!

Thanks again for providing an answer 🙂

No worries! I'm still using an iPhone XS these days since I haven't considered anything newer to really be worth the upgrade, but new stuff is totally worth upgrading from an iPhone 7/8

Highly knowledgeable in all the obscure 2000s hardware & software you'll never need to ask about

3 hours ago, Andrew D4 said:

I apologize if I came off as rash, I am not experienced in the tech world at all. Maybe next time you respond to someone think of them as someone who doesn't know what they are doing. I promise almost everyone on here is nice. Again, I apologize if I ruined your day with my honest question that "doesn't deserve a thread".

I get that you aren't "experience in the tech world".  That's a common theme among many Apple users.  The thing is though, if you are wanting to stick to iOS, the choices are pretty vanilla.  RAM, screen size, storage capacity.  That's about it.  Not much else.  And the past 4 generations have been pretty near impossible to distinguish from each other.