Reservoir Question - Can I use two pump tops for a cleaner look?

Captain Matt

Can I stick two pump "tops" on the end of a tube reservoir and have it work?

I'm trying to get a cleaner look

Will an inlet on the top of the pump cause dripping noise?

What is the purpose of this little tube thing on the top of the reservoir in the sample EKWB pic?

No one explains this

loop-draft-pic.jpg

ek-res-order.PNG

ek_quantum_kinetic_tbe_200_d5_pwm_acetal_front_1_1.png

2 minutes ago, Captain Matt said:

What is the purpose of this little tube thing on the top of the reservoir in the sample EKWB pic?

it's a aeration break (also that small plate in the res), basically it reduces the amount of air bubbles generated in the system by having the fluid enter the reservoir below the fluid level inside the res. If the fluid just flows into the res and splashes on the surface it's 1- noisy and 2- causes air bubbles to be trapped between the fluid coming in and the reservoir fluid.

yes you can run 2 pump tops, it will be noisier and possibly add bubbles (reduced cooling performance) to the system if don't have the aeration brake.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 hour ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

it's a aeration break (also that small plate in the res), basically it reduces the amount of air bubbles generated in the system by having the fluid enter the reservoir below the fluid level inside the res. If the fluid just flows into the res and splashes on the surface it's 1- noisy and 2- causes air bubbles to be trapped between the fluid coming in and the reservoir fluid.

yes you can run 2 pump tops, it will be noisier and possibly add bubbles (reduced cooling performance) to the system if don't have the aeration brake.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Know where I could find an aeration break only that I could add into this tube res? 🙂

EDIT: I found a few here and here but I'm not sure there's adequate threading to put them into the pump top alone...

Multi-port is just needlessly bulky...

Actually, I could just do two punches out the bottom and run one to the pump and one for a drain valve. 🙂  

Okay - Figured it out.

Buy identical pump "tops".

Drill out the TOP pump top to accept a pass through fitting - This will extend it and allow me to install two "fittings on the top TOP. One "fitting" will be the fill tube. Another will be the actual return fitting on the top

I'm not super concerned about drilling out the top because a loose fit wont compromise the integrity of the loop at all. The pass through fitting takes care of that.

Helpful vid by Jayztwocents here: 

put it this way when you fill a bucket up with water splashes in it but when its under water its quiet. as for the air i think it sapo too trap the air in the top? so it stays out of the loop.

i would thin 3k would sell a res top with more then one port?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

1 hour ago, thrasher_565 said:

put it this way when you fill a bucket up with water splashes in it but when its under water its quiet. as for the air i think it sapo too trap the air in the top? so it stays out of the loop.

i would thin 3k would sell a res top with more then one port?

I don't want more than one port. I want perfectly centered ports.

And I also don't want some chunky piece I have no utility for.