Quixter — Pay using your palm

So, have you ever wished you could pay for stuff without having to have a wallet (or a phone) on you? These folks over at Lund University are testing out a method that might be functional—A device scanning the veins of your palm to identify you for a payment.

https://www.quixter.se/index.php

I've seen some complains about people worrying about germs and what not, but the concept is simple enough to allow a contact-less interaction for the scanning, so that would solve that problem.

Another complaint I saw was that people "have more than one card" [the company links up an existing card to your Quixter ID, which is then used for the payment], but that problem could also easily be solved by allowing the user to use different pincodes depending on what card they wish to pay with or what not.

Oh well, I like the idea. I want to try it out!  :D

Cheers,

Linus

I prefer the system that some shops already have. You just walk in, it picks up your phone, so the person behind the counted goes "Oh hey you, want your usual?" and then as you walk out, it just bills you

no transaction required

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I prefer the system that some shops already have. You just walk in, it picks up your phone, so the person behind the counted goes "Oh hey you, want your usual?" and then as you walk out, it just bills you

no transaction required

That sounds super convenient, I'd like that.  ^_^

Cheers,

Linus

...and I suppose that cut hands don't work :( (jk)

^^This. What if you don't have hands?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

...and I suppose that cut hands don't work :( (jk)

They actually answer that in their FAQ, haha.

[translated from Swedish—https://www.quixter.se/faq.php ]

Could someone cut off my hand and use it for payment?

It is not possible. For the scanning to work, blood needs to be flowing through the veins.

:P

Just because a system IS available doesn't mean that you have to use it, eh?  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Linus

The middle "hand" ?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The middle "hand" ?

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

The D hand.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That sounds super convenient, I'd like that.  ^_^

Yeah I remember watching an example using passbook on the iPhone that a coffee shop was using

So you add the shop to your phone. As you walk in, on the till it your name comes up, and your order history, they just go "Oh hey xxxx, want your usual bacon sandwich and coffee?" and you just go "please" and sit down at the table.

When you are ready, you sand up and leave, and as you leave the vicinity of the store it pops the tab onto your account and bills your bank account.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The D hand.

Was *wat* I thought. But then, what if you're a woman with no hands?

Paying with your palm has been around for ages... It's called a handjob...

But hey. It's another way to pay for when you don't have any cash with you and your card refuses to work. So i like this concept, Redundancy irl ftw!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't think there is enough variance between the veins is peoples hands for thus to a thing are there

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

This type of scanning technology is already used by the hospitals in my country.

Every patients profile contains their vein scans of each hands

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I want a pay system where I can roll my face on a keyboard like surface.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

kinda creepy to me but super cool at the same time

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I though that already existed ages ago? Everytime a slap someone with my palm he tell me "You will pay!"

lol i misheard it at the begining and heard: "i got the d when i was at the line in the supermarket" LMFAO

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Is money and credit cards really such a hassle at this point?

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.