SSD and pagefile

tautvydas

So recently i have been playing a lot of warframe and noticed that sometimes when i go into their "open worlds" after entering and leaving them a few times my PC starts to hard stutter, as in my fps is fine but everything freezes for a second goes fine for two or four and then stutters again, until i restart the game. thought maybe i had accidentally installed my game on my HDD instead of SSD, but nope its on SSD, reinstalled it to be use but the issue remained. When i close the games like warframe and path of exile i noticed that my computer was slow for a while while my Disk usage was high while some windows app was running, and i had no idea why that was as googling the app name just showed that its a windows program.

well forward to today when i got sick of this and decided to buy another SSD where i would put windows on, because its time. so i'm doing my research on the wear of ssd's yada yada yada, and accidentally find a post about pagefile and how windows has one for when it runs out of RAM (VRAM too ? dont quite understand if it works for it only if its a APU or not) and how it can murder your performance. i only have 8GB of ram (ddr3), and when warframe or PoE runs i see my ram sitting at like 90%+ . so i'm guessing that is what murdering my enjoyment for it. still my mind is set and i want to get new SSD and i see a lot of talk about pagefile and ssd and how it should be on hdd to prevent wear of ssd and stuff like that, while others say it should be on ssd. 

so my question is how much of ssd wear i can expect when i know for a fact my pagefile will be used a lot, and i mean  a lot since i cant upgrade my computer for a while (more ram) also the added wear of having windows installed on it.
currently i'm looking at Samsung 870 evo 1TB for that since my thought process is that when i get new PC i will be able to just wipe the drive and add another one to the new one, if i infact wont murder it with constant bombardment of pagefile and general windows bullshitery.

EDIT: also cant find it anywhere if windows create pagefile once, or everytime windows start up it will write X amount of data (the minimum ? ) and then change size as needed up untill maximum allowed

4 minutes ago, tautvydas said:

o my question is how much of ssd wear i can expect when i know for a fact my pagefile will be used a lot, and i mean  a lot since i cant upgrade my computer for a while (more ram) also the added wear of having windows installed on it.

It won't matter, the SSD can handle lots more writes than the page file can have written to it.

You can track smart data if you really want, but I wouldn't worry about your ssd at all.