Upgrade or sell?

I have a HP pavilion h8-1017c and was wondering if it is worth updating it or just getting rid of it. I’m newer to the PC side of things and don’t know much about all thisimage.thumb.jpg.c0af1aed568635f2b8cc664c9642dfa5.jpg

Sell

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

recycle

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

With how cheap good motherboards and CPUs are new, it doesn't make sense upgrading it. Either sell it to someone just in need of an office PC/minecraft server, or make it into your spare tower/minecraft server.

1 hour ago, HQuan said:

Upgrade it! Today that computer is really worth! 

Can you give me the specs of that PC and inside of it please? I can help you with upgrade. Usually not goes over 200$ for that PC.

no, it's really not, that's a windows 7 core i7.  That's an old box.

Sell it.  Not worth upgrading.

Okay, here's my take.

Assuming you have not upgrade this PC yet.

A quick Google search (https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c02845911) reveals that it has:

- Intel Core i7 2600

- 8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (doesn't matter if you have 2 sticks of RAM, because it run on single channel)

- ATi Radeon HD6570 (not a bad card for that time)

- H61 motherboard.

- 300W PSU

- 1.5 TB storage

- Blu-Ray Drive

So, let's break out.

- Intel Core i7 2600 still has some value thanks to its quad core 8 threads running base clock of 3.4GHz. It is the equivalent of entry level performance CPU these days. So, you can keep the CPU or sell it for a little money.

- 8GB DDR3, although, I'm not sure what is your config, but from the website above, it can only support 2x 4GB RAM, as the motherboard supports 1GB, 2GB and 4GB DIMM stick only. If you want to use back the CPU, keep them.

- H61 motherboard. That's a total junk. Scrap it.

- ATi Radeon HD6570 is old mid-range GPU that is very hard to justify in today's market. It still capable to play HD movie and run light games such as Minecraft, but other than that, it's pretty weak in today's standard. However, the GPU market seems to be very high so maybe you can get a good money out from it.

- 300W PSU, well, I guess it's still okay for this component, but definitely not up to today's standard where a 450W PSU is quite cheap

- 1.5TB storage is not bad, I always say the more storage you have, the better. Though HDD is pretty much very slow in today's standard.

- Blu-Ray drive, you can keep it if you like. I have some Blu-Ray movie so I don't thrown mine away.

So, in conclusion:

Depends on what you want,

- If you want to upgrade, you can scrap off the rest of the system and keep the CPU, RAM, HDD and GPU (and Blu-Ray drive if you desire) and try to see if you can get a good B65 or Z68 motherboard and plug them in. A 450W PSU is fairly cheap. You can also get a decent case too but many modern case will not have 5.25 inch drive bay.

- If you want to sell your whole system off and make a little profit, well, it'll only give you a little. So, usually, my advise is either you scrap it or find someone who don't mind taking this for a better price. Still, this system is quite worthless now, so I don't think anyone would want 1, except for those who desperate need a PC for WFH (Work From Home) or SFH (Study From Home).

DO NOTE: THIS SYSTEM CAN'T UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11. WINDOWS 10 IS COMPATIBLE, BUT YOUR DRIVER MAY BE LIMITED.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

Do you know (realistically) how much some of it would sell for?

6 hours ago, wyoming231 said:

Do you know (realistically) how much some of it would sell for?

Depends where you live. Its ancient prebuild, but could get you $50-150 depending on what kind of things are sold on local used markets.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv