How many noctuas i can fit to my motherboard in one header?

Alienized

from the motherboard manual

Capture.JPG.0bbc4e29730a27d1cd8f51f576d8aec3.JPG

from noctua's specs page

Capture2.JPG.5f8d948f7ee1cfe9116e2e9dbaa95b4b.JPG

1.0A divided by 0.14A = roughly 7 fans per header. Best to not go over 6 fans per header to compensate for starting amperage being higher than operating amperage.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

7 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

from the motherboard manual

Capture.JPG.0bbc4e29730a27d1cd8f51f576d8aec3.JPG

from noctua's specs page

Capture2.JPG.5f8d948f7ee1cfe9116e2e9dbaa95b4b.JPG

1.0A divided by 0.14A = roughly 7 fans per header. Best to not go over 6 fans per header to compensate for starting amperage being higher than operating amperage.

So i can fit 3 per header?or only those marked as fan will work?so that is 4 per header to make it to 12?

1 minute ago, Alienized said:

So i can fit 3 per header?

12 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

roughly 7 fans per header.

all your headers are 1Amp headers other than the w_pump+ so all the headers can handle 7 each but you should stick to max 6 each

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

1 minute ago, Alienized said:

So i can fit 3 per header?or only those marked as fan will work?so that is 4 per header to make it to 12?

Yeah, if you want to just run 3, you can run just three. The header supports upwards of 7 with enough splitters. All of those headers can run a fan, its just that the ones labeled "PUMP" will not be able to be controlled by software. There are 5 headers that support speed control, and lets say 6 fans per header to be safe, you can run 30 fans on that motherboard. If you do 3 per header, that would be 15 fans running speed controlled.

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, if you want to just run 3, you can run just three. The header supports upwards of 7 with enough splitters. All of those headers can run a fan, its just that the ones labeled "PUMP" will not be able to be controlled by software. There are 5 headers that support speed control, and lets say 6 fans per header to be safe, you can run 30 fans on that motherboard. If you do 3 per header, that would be 15 fans running speed controlled.

Got it...Makes sense to go on 4 per header since i will have 12 , and is a waste of 1 end of a splitter not to use it.Because for 4 i will use 3 NA YC1 . So yeah. Thanks for the knowledge

You can buy a fan controller that is powered by SATA (directly to your PSU) and have one fan header to your motherboard. Arctic has a cheap one on Amazon that can fit up to 10 fans.