Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How many noctuas i can fit to my motherboard in one header?

Alienized
 Share

i have Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard and i just got the O11 Dynamic EVO and i want to fit 12 fans. Can i run 3 NF-A12x25 PWM in one header?can someome with the proper math tell me please if there is going to be a problem?but from what i read i have 6 headers on the mb...i think

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

from the motherboard manual

Capture.JPG.0bbc4e29730a27d1cd8f51f576d8aec3.JPG

 

from noctua's specs page

Capture2.JPG.5f8d948f7ee1cfe9116e2e9dbaa95b4b.JPG

 

1.0A divided by 0.14A = roughly 7 fans per header. Best to not go over 6 fans per header to compensate for starting amperage being higher than operating amperage.

 

 

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

from the motherboard manual

Capture.JPG.0bbc4e29730a27d1cd8f51f576d8aec3.JPG

 

from noctua's specs page

Capture2.JPG.5f8d948f7ee1cfe9116e2e9dbaa95b4b.JPG

 

1.0A divided by 0.14A = roughly 7 fans per header. Best to not go over 6 fans per header to compensate for starting amperage being higher than operating amperage.

 

 

So i can fit 3 per header?or only those marked as fan will work?so that is 4 per header to make it to 12?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alienized said:

So i can fit 3 per header?

12 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

roughly 7 fans per header.

 

all your headers are 1Amp headers other than the w_pump+ so all the headers can handle 7 each but you should stick to max 6 each

Current Config:

Spoiler

R5 2600X @4.1ghz all core, 16GB Patriot 3200mhz, 1TB XPG SX8200 Pro nvme, RTX 2070 Duke, CM Elite 110 mitx, pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors with 10in sub, BenQ TH671ST projector for 150" screen. 

MSI Prestige 14 with too many cooling mods to list out (it's quiet now)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alienized said:

So i can fit 3 per header?or only those marked as fan will work?so that is 4 per header to make it to 12?

Yeah, if you want to just run 3, you can run just three. The header supports upwards of 7 with enough splitters. All of those headers can run a fan, its just that the ones labeled "PUMP" will not be able to be controlled by software. There are 5 headers that support speed control, and lets say 6 fans per header to be safe, you can run 30 fans on that motherboard. If you do 3 per header, that would be 15 fans running speed controlled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Yeah, if you want to just run 3, you can run just three. The header supports upwards of 7 with enough splitters. All of those headers can run a fan, its just that the ones labeled "PUMP" will not be able to be controlled by software. There are 5 headers that support speed control, and lets say 6 fans per header to be safe, you can run 30 fans on that motherboard. If you do 3 per header, that would be 15 fans running speed controlled.

Got it...Makes sense to go on 4 per header since i will have 12 , and is a waste of 1 end of a splitter not to use it.Because for 4 i will use 3 NA YC1 . So yeah. Thanks for the knowledge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy a fan controller that is powered by SATA (directly to your PSU) and have one fan header to your motherboard. Arctic has a cheap one on Amazon that can fit up to 10 fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×