Austrian privacy regulator: Google Analytics violates GDPR & Dutch Data Protection Authority warns of possible ban on Google Analytics

creesch
8 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Google: So anyways, we shut off the internet for the entire EU region XD

That's not gonna happen. The EU is already dealing with Google to get to common ground about this particular issue.

I'm personally all for new legislation that makes it at least harder for international companies to collect or sell your involuntarily collected data.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

That's not gonna happen. The EU is already dealing with Google to get to common ground about this particular issue.

I'm personally all for new legislation that makes it at least harder for international companies to sell your involuntarily collected data.

Until the Metaverse becomes a big thing, because they'll say that it is technically another world as it is a virtual reality and not actually reality, therefore has no specific location or law that would apply to it specifically XD

Would be funny to see how this goes XD

Just now, Elijah Kamski said:

Until the Metaverse becomes a big thing, because they'll say that it is technically another world as it is a virtual reality and not actually reality, therefore has no specific location or law that would apply to it specifically XD

Would be funny to see how this goes XD

The "metaverse" is just a fantasy and a word tech companies like to throw around to make them sound more "advanced", nothing more.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

The "metaverse" is just a fantasy and a word tech companies like to throw around to make them sound more "advanced", nothing more.

Yeah I know, but marketing works XD

If I recall correctly, Aus was also the country that passed the whole bill that would allow the police to access your files, social media etc, and even change items there without your knowledge?

Usually I am for this, but seeing Australia's current position on things, this seems like a attempted power move. Google might as well do a Google Tax for Australia and all these other places.

Oho, will this make Google change something.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

*** Moderation actions taken ***

Duplicate news post merged to earlier about same piece of news.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Usually I am for this, but seeing Australia's current position on things, this seems like a attempted power move. Google might as well do a Google Tax for Australia and all these other places.

How would you implement that? Google currently doesn't charge anything for their services to begin with - meaning there are free options available for everything you'd want from them.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

How would you implement that? Google currently doesn't charge anything for their services to begin with - meaning there are free options available for everything you'd want from them.

Maybe how Mega (cloud storage company) does things, or use SUPRISE MECHANICS every time you search something XD

Idk XD

Google is really scummy as heck... they are much more evil than i thought actually. 

So i was downloading some mods , but i had to do some 'tricks' (nothing illegal afaik) to get them because  the "quota" was exceeded or some bs, but before that, actually, it would already trick me into enabling "third party cookies"... when i tried download a file (from google if that wasn't clear) it told me "cant download because third party cookies arent enabled" so i enabled them, and *then* it told me "quota exceeded" WTF? Isnt that kinda against GDPR as well to trick you into enabling third party cookies because from experience that isnt necessary at all to download something from google drive (it never told me that before) 

Also i have no idea what GA is, but it seems to be related and similarly scummy,  and most likely illegal as well.

Can they just not ban Google already?

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Google is really scummy as heck... they are much more evil than i thought actually. 

So i was downloading some mods , but i had to do some 'tricks' (nothing illegal afaik) to get them because  the "quota" was exceeded or some bs, but before that, actually, it would already trick me into enabling "third party cookies"... when i tried download a file (from google if that wasn't clear) it told me "cant download because third party cookies arent enabled" so i enabled them, and *then* it told me "quota exceeded" WTF? Isnt that kinda against GDPR as well to trick you into enabling third party cookies because from experience that isnt necessary at all to download something from google drive (it never told me that before) 

Also i have no idea what GA is, but it seems to be related and similarly scummy,  and most likely illegal as well.

Can they just not ban Google already?

This is actually definitely new.

They becoming Mega now?

Sad to see really since they're much bigger.

Hope we'll all move to torrenting as a form of downloading and sharing files.

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2022 at 4:12 PM, Chris Pratt said:

I fully understand politics are not the same every where, but when it comes to tech, they are.

this is why no one can take you seriously,  regardless of your location,  this is just flat out wrong,  that's exactly what this is about, regulations are *not* the same everywhere,  and America being known for poor consumer protection simply makes people think "typical American" when you claim such things.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity