Is this PC worth it?

I would suggest:

- drop the HDD.
- drop the Windows 10 license, atleast for now. The system would work fine on trial.

- invest savings into better SSD storage, ie a larger NVMe drive.

No idea on the monitor, but 3070ti is more of the 1440p land.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

You may also want to look into getting 12700F on H670 or B660 when those chipsets become widely available.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Although, is the SSD boot time worth the much larger price tag? I really don't have a huge budget and I'm already very used to slow boot times.

36 minutes ago, dafatboicalliou said:

Although, is the SSD boot time worth the much larger price tag? I really don't have a huge budget and I'm already very used to slow boot times.

You can get a cheap 500 gb SSD and its more about the snappyness of the OS. Opening files. Clicking on things and it immediately poping up or taking those few seconds. I know that doesn't sound like a huge deal but an SSD will make an old system feel new. It really is a game changer. If you need help picking an SSD just let me know. I have a few good options for SSD or M.2 varieties. Keep the hard drive too for mass storage.

58 minutes ago, dafatboicalliou said:

Beyond boot times it significantly improves gaming load times and general user experience (responsiveness to actions).

The money you can save by say not buying windows license (which you don't need as trial version has very few restrictions and they are minor) would be more than enough to buy a good NVMe SSD. This is an example of an excellent 1tb gen 3 drive, which is well within the costs of the Windows license you can save on:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Zxw7YJ/samsung-970-evo-plus-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v7s1t0bam

What is it for? A few thing. 

you can get good value (comparatively) GPUs on the 2nd hand market. You can get a 1080Ti which is a very capable 1440p card still minus ray tracing for under £500. 

AM4 is now dead. The 5800X3D will be the last chip for the board most likely. If you buy say a 3600 for cheap now and wait a year for the new stuff to come out you’ll likely land a 5800X on the cheap either on sale or used. 

Is the wait worth it compared to buying a 5800x right now? Because right now my current PC has a Radeon R7.

48 minutes ago, krakek said:

Beyond boot times it significantly improves gaming load times and general user experience (responsiveness to actions).

The money you can save by say not buying windows license (which you don't need as trial version has very few restrictions and they are minor) would be more than enough to buy a good NVMe SSD. This is an example of an excellent 1tb gen 3 drive, which is well within the costs of the Windows license you can save on:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Zxw7YJ/samsung-970-evo-plus-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-mz-v7s1t0bam

I have something similar but slightly cheaper, will this suffice? https://pcpartpicker.com/product/BhmFf7/western-digital-blue-sn550-1-tb-m2-2280-nvme-solid-state-drive-wds100t2b0c 

13 hours ago, dafatboicalliou said:

thing is if you want it for gaming or similar you'll want an ssd, many games continuously stream stuff nowadays,  and a ssd definitely helps with that, so its not just loading times etc, but it really depends on the game or application.  just saying,  its nice to have and for more reasons than just boot or loading times.

id just go with a regular sata sdd however,  nvme etc are overkill for almost all use cases.

ps: pc looks good,  except the ssd probably doesn't have a dram cache (check that) and i would not get a seagate barracuda,  they aren't selling them at dumping prices for no reason (hint: they aren't very good) 

id really go for Samsung evos 860/850 or crucial mx500 (cheaper but equally good as the Samsung) for storage.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

13 hours ago, dafatboicalliou said:

You may want to consult this tier list:

17 hours ago, dafatboicalliou said:

I'm looking to possibly buy a PC, without trying to spend too much money. I made a PC build: is it worth it? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tpTDCz

5800x is outdated and sort of outclassed by 12th gen, mainly the i5

you also have no M.2 drive, just a tiny 128GB sata drive, but that's not really a huge problem

you should also probably get a full license, not OEM

Your PSU is arguably overpriced

that monitor also looks overpriced

overall, it's not really great, this build would be a far better idea, I've been having a bit of trouble finding the right PSU though

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($295.97 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 A-RGB 48.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.46 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Neo Forza FAYE 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Adorama) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card  ($1261.70 @ Amazon) 
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($143.96 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.90 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Total: $2490.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-01-12 11:06 EST-0500

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄