Is it bad to have a cooler block/pump running without a CPU?

Billnyepp
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

I mean, it's not that bad, it's no different than if it was connected to the CPU, but just unplug it. There's no reason for it to be on. You're using power for no reason, and just putting unnecessary hours on the pump.

I currently don't have the right bracket to properly mount the cooler, so i just have it running. 

will this degrade my pump at all?

271435941_422986102894132_4467684968070932528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5a057b&_nc_ohc=Q7Hwxi9iKngAX8PbrwM&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&oh=02_ARpcU-GyZVV8SSo9T182skE9tNFbOX1tdNSvHRv7bxCUzw&oe=61D6398D

Of course it will. You are putting useless hours on it and shortening its lifespan, which is already pretty short to begin with. Why would you leave it running?

I mean, it's not that bad, it's no different than if it was connected to the CPU, but just unplug it. There's no reason for it to be on. You're using power for no reason, and just putting unnecessary hours on the pump.

Not bas as in "will damage something" but bad as in wear. I don'T see the necessity either. Just plug it in after you have the braket, when it is actually useful.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system