Ordering from LTT store from EU - the extra tax added in checkout and required IOSS certificate

Just that Mario

I'm also a Finnish customer, waiting on some stuff to arrive. After reading this thread, I contacted Tulli, who told me to contact Posti. Posti initially insisted that I need to contact the seller and force them to provide the IOSS number. The Posti rep told me "You can tell the seller that some information are wrong, because it does not say here that you have paid the taxes". I insisted that the info should be included digitally, and they told me that they'll investigate and follow up, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully won't have to go through the hassel of waiting for the tax to be refunded, but it's at least an option.

There seems to be a disproportionate amount of Finns in this thread relative to how many orders there must be, so I wonder if Posti is part of the problem. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.2 GHz GPU: EVGA Superclocked GTX980s 4GB x2 in SLI + Gigabyte GT640 2GB dedicated PhysX card RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 @1600MHz MB: MSI Z77A GD55 Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: NZXT Phantom 820 White Monitors: 3x Qnix 27" 2560x1440 @120Hz, 1x AOC 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz, 2x Acer G225HQ SSD: Samsung 120GB 840 EVO HDD: 15.5TB across 7 Mechanical Drives PSU: Corsair RM850 Headphones: Audio Technica AD-500Xs Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown

• 7 months later...

Official Customs guide says:

You have paid VAT to the IOSS seller already at the time of your purchase, but you cannot get an IOSS identifier from the web store or the service does not accept the identifier you provide. This means that you have to pay VAT again in connection with customs clearance, and contact the seller for a refund of the tax. Enter the price that does not include the Finnish VAT as the value of your consignment. The VAT is repaid by the web store, not by Customs. (Finnish Value Added Tax Act, section 94(1)(24), Finlex, in FinnishLink to an external website.)

Proceed as follows:

• Log in to the Import Declaration Service for private personsLink to an external website. On page 2 under consignment details, you are asked if you bought the goods from an IOSS seller, i.e. if you paid Finnish VAT already when you purchased the goods.
  • Reply “No”.
  • You should then pay the VAT again in connection with customs clearance.
  • You can apply for a refund of the VAT from the web store after the customs clearance. Send the customs clearance decision to the web store. The customs clearance decision is stored in the Service for 90 days under My declarations