Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Welcome @NeatSquidYT to the club! Give em a warm welcome!

New recruits please adhere to the forum rules and club rules!

8KDPaXr.jpg
I think bash already gave him his welcome in the poll thread lol

I think bash already gave him his welcome in the poll thread lol

*shrugs* I haven't been paying attention. 

Back to work with ya! 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

A lot of generic fairy tail hating there, a couple of general points against the typical hateration.

Repetitive themes are fine if they are good, which fairy tails are.  Rock and celtic themes are used incredibly well in the series and it's stronger because of it.  Some people have brains that are wired to not enjoy such things, it's not their fault any more than it's someones fault for not enjoying the scent of fresh pine.  But these people are to be pitied for their tastes.

No one ever claimed that fairy tail was the most complex fair out there, of that the sense of loss and danger and stakes were particularly high.  It's not, but it's more FUN to view because of the varied powers and abilities that are thrown about.  Part of this related to the psyche of the viewer.  I have a god complex, I gravitate towards the more fantastical not the more mundane.  This is true for both passive media like tv/movies and games.  Novels too.

Gandalf had more appeal than aragorn or legolas.  The adept class and the engineer class from mass effect had more of a draw than the run and gun soldier, storm was infinitely more impressive to me than wolverine, mages over warriors, etc etc.   Fairy tail is filled to bursting with characters that display fantastical magical powers.  It's not a bunch of people using martial arts by itself, or fancy bladework.

As terrible as you think the animation was for the first section of the series, the fact that THESE types of moves were in the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOuqPqzjiw#t=1m36s

makes what's happening infinitely more compelling to me than some world class animation with a bunch of dudes twirling metal sticks, the same sh*t we can see REAL people doing in the effing REAL world.  Like that's supposed to be some great draw.  The same peasant tastes that cause most people to choose the standard run and gun soldier over an adept class, a literal biotic god who is a living weapon.

My god complex draws me to these sorts of displays of power, the kind power power that allows a Gandalf to go toe to toe with a balrog

gandalf_and_the_balrog_by_gonzalokenny-d

Fairy Tail is littered with these sorts of spectacles.  It's about having wonderful fights that are the sorts of spectacle you can watch over and over.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCvDmbbC-U#t=6m35s

Code Geass had a more complex story, had higher stakes, more people died, and it was less fun to watch and less enjoyable.  I can't look at as many battle and scenes over and over like fairy tail battles.  

So keep at it haters, I will always be there to advocate for the greatness of fairy tail, for all the people who enjoy seeing the light win over the darkness, for enjoying spectacle and good music.

730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jp

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

*shrugs* I haven't been paying attention. 

Back to work with ya!

it wasnt really a welcome it was more a facepalm as i recall

A lot of generic fairy tail hating there, a couple of general points against the typical hateration.

I have watched 157 episodes of fairy tail. meh

If you love fairy tail you would probably like Rave Master since I hear a lot of the characters are reused from it into fairytail.

Grab your headphones or turn up your speakers and give this a listen if you will! I think I've found my new favorite song for now...

Bit rate isn't that great because it's youtube, but the flac version sounds beautiful. 

EDIT: Aww just noticed the last seconds of the song was cut off in the video. 

this kinda reminds me a bit of nomak, 40 winks, and uyama

except those all kinda have beat, not orchestral

unrelated, @Jacona you ever heard stuff similar to this? I have no idea what I'm listening to, but I do fancy the dissonance going on in the second one.

@Jacona LOL speaking of remixes

shit compared to more recent uploads but it's a pleasant gag

Error: 410

unrelated, @Jacona you ever heard stuff similar to this? I have no idea what I'm listening to, but I do fancy the dissonance going on in the second one.

First one sounds pretty conventional, which makes sense since it's a remix.

Sounds like something the Boiler Room guys would produce, https://www.youtube.com/user/brtvofficial/videos.

But that second one is definitely something different, may have listened to something similar in the past. Closest thing I can find it this.

@Jacona LOL speaking of remixes

shit compared to more recent uploads but it's a pleasant gag

LMAO, oh wow.

Dat mellowness is pretty sweet though. 

Been listening to a lot of Lusrica lately.

Repetitive themes are fine if they are good, which fairy tails are.  Rock and celtic themes are used incredibly well in the series and it's stronger because of it.  Some people have brains that are wired to not enjoy such things, it's not their fault any more than it's someones fault for not enjoying the scent of fresh pine.  But these people are to be pitied for their tastes.

No one ever claimed that fairy tail was the most complex fair out there, of that the sense of loss and danger and stakes were particularly high.  It's not, but it's more FUN to view because of the varied powers and abilities that are thrown about.  Part of this related to the psyche of the viewer.  I have a god complex, I gravitate towards the more fantastical not the more mundane.  This is true for both passive media like tv/movies and games.  Novels too.

Gandalf had more appeal than aragorn or legolas.  The adept class and the engineer class from mass effect had more of a draw than the run and gun soldier, storm was infinitely more impressive to me than wolverine, mages over warriors, etc etc.   Fairy tail is filled to bursting with characters that display fantastical magical powers.  It's not a bunch of people using martial arts by itself, or fancy bladework.

As terrible as you think the animation was for the first section of the series, the fact that THESE types of moves were in the mix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJOuqPqzjiw#t=1m36s

makes what's happening infinitely more compelling to me than some world class animation with a bunch of dudes twirling metal sticks, the same sh*t we can see REAL people doing in the effing REAL world.  Like that's supposed to be some great draw.  The same peasant tastes that cause most people to choose the standard run and gun soldier over an adept class, a literal biotic god who is a living weapon.

My god complex draws me to these sorts of displays of power, the kind power power that allows a Gandalf to go toe to toe with a balrog

Fairy Tail is littered with these sorts of spectacles.  It's about having wonderful fights that are the sorts of spectacle you can watch over and over.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vCvDmbbC-U#t=6m35s

Code Geass had a more complex story, had higher stakes, more people died, and it was less fun to watch and less enjoyable.  I can't look at as many battle and scenes over and over like fairy tail battles.  

So keep at it haters, I will always be there to advocate for the greatness of fairy tail, for all the people who enjoy seeing the light win over the darkness, for enjoying spectacle and good music.

It seems to bother you quite a bit, how about you step up to the plate and just agree to disagree? Makes it much easier really... 

It's quite obvious everyone has their own preferences in things such as music and animation quality. I myself am a sucker for well done symphonic stuff, @wolfgang likes rock music, and @KingCry likes good EDM. 

To be frank whenever someone talks about their favorite series in terms of music, story or whatever... and claims it's the best will usually get the response:

H94EY1V.jpg

Keep your opinions as opinions, nothing more. Or get prepped to be rolled over by tank treads....

Woo Hoo!

@cae Yay! Spice and Wolf profile image! Know exactly who that artist is as well, that's the guy who made the heart melting doujin our translation group translated(@BashZeStampeedo basically did it alone).

VIH6iUT.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

-snip-

Tech and Anime along with a couple of somewhat related content is welcome on the thread. I mean come on... computer tech is one of the focuses on this whole forum in general. 

Some youtuber's story about two girls who may or may not have a potential viral video stashed has nothing to do with either.

http://i.imgur.com/OB53lg0.gifv

Please don't post stuff like that here. 

PC = Heater in the winter for many. 

Thats how I use mine.

Keep your opinions as opinions, nothing more. Or get prepped to be rolled over by tank treads....

Like so.8e39606771.jpg

Blarg

Thats how I use mine.

Like so.

I guess I'll have to play a round or two before heading to sleep now. My PC needs a little night time jog anyway. 

-snip-

Tech and Anime along with a couple of somewhat related content is welcome on the thread. I mean come on... computer tech is one of the focuses on this whole forum in general. 

Some youtuber's story about two girls who may or may not have a potential viral video stashed has nothing to do with either.

[http://i.imgur.com/OB53lg0.gifv]

Please don't post stuff like that here. 

does that guy even belong here is the real question :P

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

-snip-

Animation yes... but animation doesn't equate to anime(Japanese Animation). The focus of the video isn't anime either... it's just some story some guy had. 

Tech and Anime are nowhere related based on their definition? What are you trying to get at here? Elaborate. 

What? I can't come into this section? 

t'was said in a joking manner sir. 

as for the vid , ima have to go with @MyInnerFred , not really related to the main theme here , as for my post , it was tech related and therefore still valid for the forum ect ;P 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

Thats how I use mine.

Mine is always a heater even with it is 100+ degrees outside

-snip-

tech and anime are rather related here because this is an anime club on a tech forum. On top of that a lot of animation is done on computers now as well.

-snip-

Your response actually made me laugh xD

Come up with better Come backs.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

-snip-

Your response actually made me laugh xD

Come up with better Come backs.

-snip-

aye yo take it else where 

-thread admin

Spoiler
Spoiler

aye yo take it else where 

-thread admin

Pfft bitch please your as guilty of shit posting as i am xD.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

Pfft bitch please your as guilty of shit posting as i am xD.

yea well i dont start pointless arguments like that guy 

Spoiler
Spoiler

When did this thread get full of Hormone filled Teenagers?

@TheGingerKid.

Cpu:

When did this thread get full of Hormone filled Teenagers?

@TheGingerKid.

no idea man ... good question 

Spoiler
Spoiler

ohhhh k, so getting back on topic anyone watch the kyoukai no kanata movie yet xD...

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables