Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Any other recommended extensions than uBlock and NoScript? Just curious, might go back to Firefox, even though I dislike the lag compared to Chrome.

Plus it refreshed every page every few minutes without asking, causing significant lags when there were multiple windows with multiple tabs. The only extensions I have are NoScript, HTTPS everywhere and AdBlockPlus.

I don't know what you mean

I run FF, Chrome, and Maxthon all in parallel. Firefox doesn't have any lag compared to Chrome.

Error: 410

I run FF, Chrome, and Maxthon all in parallel. Firefox doesn't have any lag compared to Chrome.

I guess it could be just Flash causing some shenanigans... 

It worked fine until one day it started doing the "refresh all of the 50+ tabs simultaneously every 30 seconds - 2 minutes" routine, which lagged the whole system. Checked CPU usage, 100%... And all I had open were Steam, the aforementioned several dozen tabs (of which 3 were on Twitch streams), and that's it. System monitor showed Firefox using more resources than the rest of the processes combined.

I have a feeling I have screwed something up...

7osQ5.gif

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Firefox doesn't natively download mp4 from flash, you need an addon, which doesn't tackle HTML5 video at all.

Besides, Maxthon is THE lowest memory consuming browser.

Um, yes it does? For instance, Flash Video Downloader will download both HTML5 and Flash video, no fuss. And Maxthon doesn't use less memory in my experience. In fact it often uses more once you get into higher numbers of tabs. But YMMV, and they're much closer than, say, Chrome and Firefox. Or Edge and Maxthon.

Any other recommended extensions than uBlock and NoScript? Just curious, might go back to Firefox, even though I dislike the lag compared to Chrome.

Depends on what you want to do or need? I'm happy with NoScript, uBlock Origin and Flash Video Downloader as my core addons, but there's a ton of stuff you can do with Firefox addons, a lot of which you can't do in other browsers. See Tree Style Tabs, Tax Mix Plus, and Pentadactyl for a few.

Firefox generally has lag compared to Chrome in three cases:

- when you're using sites optimized for Chrome (Google's sites especially)

- when you load up on addons that are inefficient

- when Flash is fucking everything up (as usual)

Firefox makes GPU voltages and frequencies change a lot when browsing for some reason, therefore the temperatures rise. The only solution I've found is disabling GPU acceleration, but that doesn't really solve the problem. Also Flash stutters when hovering the cursor over an object when having a polling rate higher than 125Hz. I'd love to use Firefox but these two things really annoy me. :(

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Firefox makes GPU voltages and frequencies change a lot when browsing for some reason, therefore the temperatures rise. The only solution I've found is disabling GPU acceleration, but that doesn't really solve the problem. Also Flash stutters when hovering the cursor over an object when having a polling rate higher than 125Hz. I'd love to use Firefox but these two things really annoy me. :(

Those sound minor, as opposed to the obnoxious as all hell bright white flash of Chrome when moving between pages.

Um, yes it does? For instance, Flash Video Downloader will download both HTML5 and Flash video, no fuss. And Maxthon doesn't use less memory in my experience. In fact it often uses more once you get into higher numbers of tabs. But YMMV, and they're much closer than, say, Chrome and Firefox. Or Edge and Maxthon.

Depends on what you want to do or need? I'm happy with NoScript, uBlock Origin and Flash Video Downloader as my core addons, but there's a ton of stuff you can do with Firefox addons, a lot of which you can't do in other browsers. See Tree Style Tabs, Tax Mix Plus, and Pentadactyl for a few.

I used to actually use Opera sideloaded for YT only, but now that they've phased out flash I no longer need to. Those were dark times indeed.

I've only got a few adddons and use the windows mail client and my phone, so I'd never really notice.

Fair enough. That Flash mouse issue is an issue with the Flash version Adobe makes for Firefox, and people have been bothering them for years to fix it, but Adobe just don't seem to care. The GPU issues are being worked-on, and Firefox has even started a project recently to get power-consumption down as much as possible, like they did a couple of years ago to get their RAM usage down to basically best-in-class.

Fuck CEX saying my OPO is B grade doesn't have a fucking scratch. Sold it for £124 argh. Guarantee I'll get a call from some ignorant employee saying it has 'cyanogenmod installed so it must be rooted' guarentee it.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Fuck CEX saying my OPO is B grade doesn't have a fucking scratch. Sold it for £124 argh. Guarantee I'll get a call from some ignorant employee saying it has 'cyanogenmod installed so it must be rooted' guarentee it.

You spag. Could have got like £180 for it on ebay. Never sell shit to cex.

Steve

I also liked Kokoro connect. It's a shame it won't get a 2nd season because of the bullshit the producers pulled.

was that the anime with 17 episodes. That was a pretty awesome anime and there was that one scene where they admitted chocking the chicken about eachother.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Didn't want the hassle I was sure it was A grade

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Caught a fly using shaolin style black tiger paw I learned from a monk.  However, I did not kill it rather let it out outside.  And, no it was an older vhs my dad had from when monks would explain and teach lighter shaolin.

Psst, give me a copy.

what is cex`? some second hand phone store?

Tell me your secrets cause my Chrome was eating away at my CPU, and Firefox is randomly hanging on me.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Tell me your secrets cause my Chrome was eating away at my CPU, and Firefox is randomly hanging on me.

Firefox seems to only hang when using tons of RAM.

It happens to me every now and then but it's still quite rare. It tends to favor using around 2.8~4gb at any given time. I use Waterfox distro of Firefox.

Not using Adobe made it a much better browser.

It happens to me every now and then but it's still quite rare. It tends to favor using around 2.8~4gb at any given time. I use Waterfox distro of Firefox.

ffs. it peaks around 2.2GB of ram at any given time, I have tried out Waterfox yet. I'll have to give it a shot cause its triggering trying to do some actual work and firefox hangs like a whore and never recovers.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Twitch moved to HTML5 so I decided to finally switch back to Firefox. But nooo, they seem to still be using Flash somewhere and streams don't play without it.

JbLiwRU.png

*sigh*

ffs. it peaks around 2.2GB of ram at any given time, I have tried out Waterfox yet. I'll have to give it a shot cause its triggering trying to do some actual work and firefox hangs like a whore and never recovers.

Bizarre. You're not running beta drivers or something? You might also want to try the alpha or nightly builds to see if their soon-to-be multiprocess tab model will help you out.

Twitch moved to HTML5 so I decided to finally switch back to Firefox. But nooo, they seem to still be using Flash somewhere and streams don't play without it.

Yeah, Twitch is behind the curve with HTML5 video. They're finally working on it, but it'll probably be a few Firefox releases before they iron out enough of the wrinkles.

I used Waterfox once when I was still using Windows. It worked, but was still laggier than Chrome. Though I didn't set it up properly.

I'mma try it out now...

EDIT:

post-23506-0-90717400-1443640585.jpg

No native Linux support... i cri evry tiem...

Of course there WINE... But would probably be more stable if it were natively supported.

JbLiwRU.png

*sigh*

Didn't they say that they are going to abandon flash completely by the end of the year, not immediately? At least that's how I remember what they said (and with my memory, my statement has a very high probability of being false)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Bizarre. You're not running beta drivers or something? You might also want to try the alpha or nightly builds to see if their soon-to-be multiprocess tab model will help you out.

Nope no beta drivers, its just Firefox being a ditz for some reason. I'd go back to Chrome but that is a total mess for me in windows 10 and I can't bring myself to use Edge.

|King Of The Lost|

Didn't they say that they are going to abandon flash completely by the end of the year, not immediately? At least that's how I remember what they said (and with my memory, my statement has a very high probability of being false)

Could be. I though they finally dropped Flash, because they have a new HTML5 player.

anyone heard of cross channel, not sure when i got it but its on my desktop so its likely reasonably interesting.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

anyone heard of cross channel, not sure when i got it but its on my desktop so its likely reasonably interesting.

Cross Channel is one of my favourite VNs.

Spoiler
It's like Groundhog Day with moe on really mean drugs.

Non-spoiler version: it's great if you like some darkness and mystery mixed in.

PS: The protagonist is human scum, but gets better in the latter half.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Psst, give me a copy.

what is cex`? some second hand phone store?

for peasents, dvds and phones and laptops and shit like that

Steve

4ec4e20e4dd02440360a4517094d7d95.png

well installing adobe lightroom an official copy at that shows this error. im done, fucking pirating this shit.

Listen if you care.