Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I guess you guys probably heard the news already, but studio Manglobe (Ergo Proxy, Samurai champloo, Kami Nomi) are bankrupt. Gangsta only sold 1800 copies in the first week which I guess became the final nail in the coffin for them after struggling for a while.

There might be more bankruptcies before the year ends, because pretty much everything is selling worse than expected, the only show from summer season selling better than was expected of it at the moment is Working season 3.

No show sold more than 10k copies in the first week which is the first time in more than a decade afaik.

Rokka no Yuusha and Gakkou Gurashi, which have been THE talk around town in the western anime fanbase, sold ca. 550 and 1300 copies respectively, which is insanely low, fans of those can pretty much forget about a season 2 happening.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa sold a pathetic 309 copies.

What?! This is really bad news... Why is everything selling bad now?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I also liked Kokoro connect. It's a shame it won't get a 2nd season because of the bullshit the producers pulled.

I don't think it needs one.

You watched the 4 ovas that are basically 4 episodes right? Someone said the same thing and didn't take the ovas as part of the story, and they are big time.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

I guess you guys probably heard the news already, but studio Manglobe (Ergo Proxy, Samurai champloo, Kami Nomi) are bankrupt. Gangsta only sold 1800 copies in the first week which I guess became the final nail in the coffin for them after struggling for a while.

There might be more bankruptcies before the year ends, because pretty much everything is selling worse than expected, the only show from summer season selling better than was expected of it at the moment is Working season 3.

No show sold more than 10k copies in the first week which is the first time in more than a decade afaik.

Rokka no Yuusha and Gakkou Gurashi, which have been THE talk around town in the western anime fanbase, sold ca. 550 and 1300 copies respectively, which is insanely low, fans of those can pretty much forget about a season 2 happening.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa sold a pathetic 309 copies.

Damn, I liked Rokka no Yuusha. Guess I'll be reading the light novels from now on.

Really Japan? Really? All the shows I hear are good or are good (in my opinion) end up bombing it seems. So either I have shit taste, or Japan does, and with how the anime fandom over there sounds, I'm pretty sure it isn't me. For the most part, at least.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

What?! This is really bad news... Why is everything selling bad now?

apparently market growth is still sluggish there, or maybe people are starting to phase out BD already.

I don't know anyone that buys BDs, but I don't know where else they get 1080p content without more flairs than MLG gameplay.

also they have a negative growth rate, maybe the children there are growing up now.

@Daegun it's a mix of both your shit taste and their shit taste. It's harder to get things to line up.

Error: 410

I also liked Kokoro connect. It's a shame it won't get a 2nd season because of the bullshit the producers pulled.

Remains my favourite show.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/VLRose I like anime, I'm missing at least 50 off this list.

R9 390, i5 6400, 8GB Ram

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) And no hard drives  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

•  

Well that was underwhelming...

Just completed Anzu's route on DCII... Looks like I have to play everything to get the complete picture...

Up next: Shirakawa Nanaka's route...

It's is lol. It's a parody.

With the way those things work, the spellcard would actually make sense when used with them...

apparently market growth is still sluggish there, or maybe people are starting to phase out BD already.

I don't know anyone that buys BDs, but I don't know where else they get 1080p content without more flairs than MLG gameplay.

also they have a negative growth rate, maybe the children there are growing up now.

@Daegun it's a mix of both your shit taste and their shit taste. It's harder to get things to line up.

Have those 4k Blu-ray discs even been released yet?

You know what's going to destroy Japan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvh32fQ8nNI

Yeah, I figured. Still annoys me that they dislike all the shows I like.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Have those 4k Blu-ray discs even been released yet?

You know what's going to destroy Japan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvh32fQ8nNI

Yeah, I figured. Still annoys me that they dislike all the shows I like.

There already exists an eroge with Oculus Rift + Ju-C Air/Chu-B Lip (these are onahole I/O devices) extension...

also with the shrinking population, immigration should be a bit easier...

You watched the 4 ovas that are basically 4 episodes right? Someone said the same thing and didn't take the ovas as part of the story, and they are big time.

Yeah, they give good closure to the show, better than most anime adaptation "endings" anyway.

I don't know anyone that buys BDs

Me neither, I don't even own an optical drive.

It could also be increased prices. Anime hardcopies have been steadily increasing in price over there for so long, it was only a matter of time until they found the iceberg.

Maybe the average otaku finally ran out of shelf space? Maybe the first 4K live action broadcasting has started in Japan and they don't want to buy anything from the "transition period"?

Who knows?

The World God Only Knows, but he's bankrupt now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

There's still no way of battling piracy. This field is the only one that up to date paying is less worth it than pirating, that's the big issue IMO, and the market is not big enough to outweight piracy. There's no reward for buying or paying for this stuff more than just paying it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Found a list about sales:

7,406 01/07 Charlotte

5,437 01/06 Non Non Biyori Repeat

5,220 02/07 WORKING!!!

5,193 01/06 Monster Musume

4,724 01/06 Overlord

4,469 01/06 Himouto! Umaru-chan

4,321 01/05 The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2ND SEASON

2,984 01/05 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!

2,572 01/06 Durarara!!×2

2,278 01/07 To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd

1,857 01/06 GANGSTA.

1,804 01/06 Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist

1,308 01/06 School-Live!

1,064 01/02 Wakaba Girl

1,014 01/02 My Wife is the Student Council President

*,784 01/06 Junjo Romantica: Pure Romance

*,551 01/06 Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

*,446 01/01 Danchigai

*,421 01/02 VENUS PROJECT -CLIMAX-

*,309 01/06 Jitsu wa Watashi wa

*,275 01/06 Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki

It's from reddit, posted yesterday.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

There's still no way of battling piracy. This field is the only one that up to date paying is less worth it than pirating, that's the big issue IMO, and the market is not big enough to outweight piracy. There's no reward for buying or paying for this stuff more than just paying it.

Not too sure about that, I can't really prove it but I don't think piracy is the culprit here. Something that esoteric is likely to be unaffected or even assisted.

12074967_728487843919897_881953479788642

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Not too sure about that, I can't really prove it but I don't think piracy is the culprit here. Something that esoteric is likely to be unaffected or even assisted.

Hmm i guess so. Also what's this "copies" thing? I don't get how that works, are they physical copies? That's old as shit.

Edit, nvm derped, will get the right data up soon 

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hmm i guess so. Also what's this "copies" thing? I don't get how that works, are they physical copies? That's old as shit.

yep, physical copies

which is part of what I was suggesting, nobody likes physical media much anymore.

i'm not sure if there are other ways to legally obtain the same media, or if people are just torrenting now instead because of how much of a nuisance BD discs are.

7,406 01/07 Charlotte
5,437 01/06 Non Non Biyori Repeat
5,220 02/07 WORKING!!!
5,193 01/06 Monster Musume
4,724 01/06 Overlord
4,469 01/06 Himouto! Umaru-chan
4,321 01/05 The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2ND SEASON
2,984 01/05 Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!
2,572 01/06 Durarara!!×2
2,278 01/07 To Love-Ru Darkness 2nd
1,857 01/06 GANGSTA.
1,804 01/06 Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist
1,308 01/06 School-Live!
1,064 01/02 Wakaba Girl
1,014 01/02 My Wife is the Student Council President
*,784 01/06 Junjo Romantica: Pure Romance
*,551 01/06 Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers
*,446 01/01 Danchigai
*,421 01/02 VENUS PROJECT -CLIMAX-
*,309 01/06 Jitsu wa Watashi wa
*,275 01/06 Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki

It's from reddit, posted yesterday.

Spring Season 1st week for comparison.

*1. 49,277 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions (2015/07/01)
*3. 11,478 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (2015/06/24)
*4. *8,776 Hibike! Euphonium (2015/06/17)
*5. *8,598 Show By Rock!! (2015/06/24)
*6. *6,228 Owari no Seraph (2015/06/24)
*8. *5,957 Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (2015/06/24)
*9. *5,275 Nisekoi: (2015/06/24)
10. *5,135 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (2015/06/24)
12. *2,601 Plastic Memories (2015/06/24)
19. **,934 Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (2015/06/24)
21. **,786 Ore Monogatari!! (2015/06/24)
22. **,453 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me (2015/06/19) *
* - partial sales

The whole top 5 in spring sold better than Charlotte which was 1st in summer.

yep, physical copies

which is part of what I was suggesting, nobody likes physical media much anymore.

i'm not sure if there are other ways to legally obtain the same media, or if people are just torrenting now instead because of how much of a nuisance BD discs are.

That's why i was talking about piracy.

They need some kind of netflix for anime or a japanese crunchyroll. Also, not only i agree with your opinion on BD's, but the difference between TV and BD is getting bigger and bigger IMO, and that's something that doesn't help ethier.

Spring Season 1st week for comparison.

*1. 49,277 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Revolutions (2015/07/01)
*3. 11,478 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku (2015/06/24)
*4. *8,776 Hibike! Euphonium (2015/06/17)
*5. *8,598 Show By Rock!! (2015/06/24)
*6. *6,228 Owari no Seraph (2015/06/24)
*8. *5,957 Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic (2015/06/24)
*9. *5,275 Nisekoi: (2015/06/24)
10. *5,135 Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (2015/06/24)
12. *2,601 Plastic Memories (2015/06/24)
19. **,934 Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (2015/06/24)
21. **,786 Ore Monogatari!! (2015/06/24)
22. **,453 Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 Sure-me (2015/06/19) *
* - partial sales

The whole top 5 in spring sold better than Charlotte which was 1st in summer.

Maybe it's just my opinion, but i think those anime are just better. I'm sure a high quality anime will not sell bad.

PS: Proof that i'm right, you can't go wrong with generic action anime. Owari no seraph 6th- :P :P :P

They had 4 OVAs? I had no idea! You mind pming me the downloads?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Wow. Depressing to know that the sales have gone done this much over a year, and yet crap like Overlord and Charlotte are doing better than shows that are actually trying to entertain you instead of just slapping shit together. Well, Japan, you do it to yourselves.

I watch stuff with spanish subs, so unless you want that, i can't help you :P

And yeah, don't wanna hype you up, but it's huge the difference those 4 episodes do for the overall experience.

Wow. Depressing to know that the sales have gone done this much over a year, and yet crap like Overlord and Charlotte are doing better than shows that are actually trying to entertain you instead of just slapping shit together. Well, Japan, you do it to yourselves.

It is indeed, and it's the reason we keep getting the same shit over and over, untill it stops selling.

I don't know what's good or bad in terms of numbers, if gangsta sold 1800 copies and went bankrupt then 5k copies is fine? Or what?

I don't know what's good or bad in terms of numbers, if gangsta sold 1800 copies and went bankrupt then 5k copies is fine? Or what?

Depends on budget obviously. Charlotte had a large budget and was expected to break 10K in the first week, so it's a failure. Overlord is probably also technically a failure.

Working!!! is the only show, like I said, that did better than the expected sales, so probably also the only one that can be considered a success.

Non Non Biyori Repeat might look like it's alright where it is, but those sales are way lower than the first season. Then again, its budget/ risk wasn't that great so it's hard to know.

1800 copies for Gangsta is a huge flop.

Just get the Maxthon web browser specifically to download everything you need off Kissanime (without logging in) as well as other sites with Flash and HTML5 containers.

Maxthon comes with Adblock plus, and also supports the userscript that disables the anti-adblock on Kissanime.

The title of the OVAs is "Kokoro Connect: Michi Random"

----------------

Edit: The Manglobe bankruptcy probably means the death of this very promising upcoming movie:

dxxViavl.jpg

Genocidal Organ. I was actually looking forward to this :(

It was (is?) supposed to air 43 days from now...

Just get the Maxthon web browser specifically to download everything you need off Kissanime (without logging in) as well as other sites with Flash and HTML5 containers.

Maxthon comes with Adblock plus, and also supports the userscript that disables the anti-adblock on Kissanime.

Better still, get Firefox and uBlock Origin for an efficient and better ad-blocker, and any one of the many good download-helping addons to rip Flash/HTML5 video.

Depends on budget obviously. Charlotte had a large budget and was expected to break 10K in the first week, so it's a failure. Overlord is probably also technically a failure.

Working!!! is the only show, like I said, that did better than the expected sales, so probably also the only one that can be considered a success.

Non Non Biyori Repeat might look like it's alright where it is, but those sales are way lower than the first season. Then again, its budget/ risk wasn't that great so it's hard to know.

1800 copies for Gangsta is a huge flop.

The title of the OVAs is "Kokoro Connect: Michi Random"

Maybe last season anime was just pretty darn good compared to this one and people would rather watch those, and watch the ones released this summer at some point in the future. I think no anime sells bad if it's good, no matter the budget, good anime will sell, and this has to be clear that companies can't just release shit and expect people to automatically buy their shit.

The last 4 ovas add another fusen kazura arc + romance closure, it's SO needed, i rewatched it like 1 month ago and without the ovas it's pretty bad because of the ending (w/o ovas)

Better still, get Firefox and uBlock Origin for an efficient and better ad-blocker, and any one of the many good download-helping addons to rip Flash/HTML5 video.

Firefox doesn't natively download mp4 from flash, you need an addon, which doesn't tackle HTML5 video at all.

Besides, Maxthon is THE lowest memory consuming browser.

Any other recommended extensions than uBlock and NoScript? Just curious, might go back to Firefox, even though I dislike the lag compared to Chrome.

Plus it refreshed every page every few minutes without asking, causing significant lags when there were multiple windows with multiple tabs. The only extensions I have are NoScript, HTTPS everywhere and AdBlockPlus.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.