Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

They're ruining it and saving it, in a sense, because they're the ones spending the money to keep the industry afloat. So the industry panders to them in turn... meaning they largely dictate what the industry makes. The problem, of course, is that as a group what otaku spend the most on is the shallowest of trashy anime.

So the same problem every popular thing gets once the community hits a certain "ignition" point. 

It sounds like an inverse of the problem things with more diverse communities have. Let's use a game as an example.

Niche game is released. It's enjoyable and develops a dedicated community over a period of time (say, a couple of years). What you might call "hardcore" players invest tons of time and money into the game to be good at it, building a competitive environment.

Developers see that most of their user base is this demographic and focus the game accordingly. Such that it has a high learning curve, but great time invested in practicing = better skill.

Something happens and the niche game becomes very popular. Massive amounts of casual players join the community. They, in all, have way more money and collectively spend more time playing the game, so the developers start to cater to them instead of the hardcore players that essentially gave them the foundation to hit this point of success.

This begins to deconstruct the complex competitive gameplay that the game was originally known for, and may have even been popular because of, in favor of simpler things to cater to more people overall. 

This ruins what the hardcore enjoyed about the game, or at least heavily dilutes it.

Anime is the inverse because it's so extremely popular in Japan vs the rest of the world. The hardcore (otakus) outnumber the casuals and so are catered to the most. 

I say inverse because the hardcore do what you said. Get the shallowest/trashy anime popular. So more of it is made because it makes money. As opposed to higher quality and stringent definitions of good that most hardcore gamers might put on a game they love enough to invest tons of time and money into it. 

Eh. You guys get the idea.

This is an enjoyable song imo:

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

never claimed to be \facepalm\

your not a wolf xD 

You're wrong, here we see @wolfgang getting some money for apples.

FN3Y8aS.jpg

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Your the one who claimed to be in the first place.

I however know that I am wolf.

kenrou_horo___wheaten_tail__by_a_231-d30

But what if you are a little different wolf, and not that kind of wolf?

maxresdefault.jpg

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Anyone else see this?

140d487935d5a2b95d2b31cd10fcc55b.png

It's funny, trolls that just troll right away are amusing. I respect trolls when they put effort in it, and actually pointlessly argue with you, that kid is a troll wannabe.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

http://img.memecdn.com/love-flavour_webm_5789211.gif

How to webm???

It's funny, trolls that just troll right away are amusing. I respect trolls when they put effort in it, and actually pointlessly argue with you, that kid is a troll wannabe.

Took the bait and posted...

http://img.memecdn.com/love-flavour_webm_5789211.gif

How to webm???

Took the bait and posted...

LOL you guys are all so daft lel

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

LOL you guys are all so daft lel

The way that I fight against trolls is that I reply in an educated tone... with very respectful and courteous words... just to show contrast between me and him...

so if this one is indeed a troll, it'll be easy to report the thread without being on the wrong side of things...

The way that I fight against trolls is that I reply in an educated tone... with very respectful and courteous words... just to show contrast between me and him...

so if this one is indeed a troll, it'll be easy to report the thread without being on the wrong side of things...

the thread is not a troll thread , it has a propose. to quell our curiosity for what the rest of the community thinks of said thread [heaven society].

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I like the way you brush your hair at night. /s

attachicon.giftumblr_nsta7xNCMb1rrrlszo1_500.gif

Also, you're not a wolf!  This is a wolf!  My wolf!

attachicon.gifsirius.jpg

eff00c5aae.jpg

attachicon.gifscreenshot_00008.jpg

It's okay he normally hunts people at their computer.

If I'm going down... Might as well take him with me...

96751d22d4.jpg

To me working is in the middle of pure comedy with no character progression, or slice of life/comedy with character progression. I don't know which one is it and it makes me don't like it.

Idk what u mean by "crappy, formulaic character development"

There really was no character progression in Working until season 3, just sitcom-style teasing. Then suddenly the character progression went from "virtually nonexistent" to "half decent".

If you don't know what I mean by crappy, formulaic character development then I'd rather not tell you, so you can live in blissful ignorance instead (I wish I could).

So the same problem every popular thing gets once the community hits a certain "ignition" point. 

Anime is the inverse because it's so extremely popular in Japan vs the rest of the world. The hardcore (otakus) outnumber the casuals and so are catered to the most.

I say inverse because the hardcore do what you said. Get the shallowest/trashy anime popular. So more of it is made because it makes money. As opposed to higher quality and stringent definitions of good that most hardcore gamers might put on a game they love enough to invest tons of time and money into it.

Hmm. I'm not sure if this holds true. Anime have been catering more and more to Japanese viewers, and the Japanese in general aren't doing as much to upsell the medium to the rest of the world either (aside from the number of sexy cosplay photos from Comiket I guess). It's a thing the rest of the world wants, but unlike Hollywood's pandering to the global market, anime has headed the opposite direction in recent times.

But strictly limiting our discussion to Japan only, maybe the argument works? I only have limited info. All that's obvious is that anime are gearing themselves more and more to specific Japanese market segments, and watering themselves down in the process. It's not a "sky is falling" scenario or anything, it's just that creativity is being stifled more and more in order to sell cheap surefire shit just like in Hollywood.

It's all a question of who buys your shit, and how many anime you can make a year. Most studios can't make more than two or three, and they need at least one of them to be profitable in an era where anime usually don't make back what they cost to produce (or so I've heard). If you can pump out something that will sell $800 USD dakis, and charge hardcore fans ridiculous prices for single-episode BDs, then that's what you'll do. And if you can make all three of your shows do that, who cares about critical acclaim or the foreign markets?

Ultimately it ends up not really making the situation better, but merely keeping it tenable. Just look at the seasonal charts and you'll see the trends in the types of shows that are being made for what budgets. If anime fans were helping make anime more popular then the market would probably be healthier, and those charts wouldn't be so full of samey safe bets.

eff00c5aae.jpg

Wait... Is this considered creepy?

I guess I am insane for thinking otherwise...

RnnOs.png

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

There's no known method for killing him.  I heard guns and other weapons don't work cuz he's a ghost that lives on the internet.

Miko it is then...

9fee12e08d.jpg

There really was no character progression in Working until season 3, just sitcom-style teasing. Then suddenly the character progression went from "virtually nonexistent" to "half decent".

If you don't know what I mean by crappy, formulaic character development then I'd rather not tell you, so you can live in blissful ignorance instead (I wish I could).

I know, i watched both seasons and i rated it pretty low because of it.

And i do know what you mean, i just don't care about it as long as there is some character progression. As i don't care about cliches, repetitive stuff, typical stuff, predictable endings, and all that jazz, idk why but it doesn't bother me.

11892181_833961833369431_808579537715790

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

That moment when you have the money but can't use it ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

-snip-

That Kirishima looks badass...

8125d463ae.jpg

MIC CHEK MOTHAF*CKER!

That moment when you have the money but can't use it ... 

Pretty much me when I receive my tuition money...

Pretty much me when I receive my tuition money...

That's me right now with the whole @Laputacke computer ....

Btw @Laputacake : How much does the shipping cost again ? 

@Skybane : I desperately need a job right now ... But it's school ... Nobody would hire me on week days ... I have French class on saturdays .... Damn you real life ... Damn you ...  

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I know, i watched both seasons and i rated it pretty low because of it.

And i do know what you mean, i just don't care about it as long as there is some character progression. As i don't care about cliches, repetitive stuff, typical stuff, predictable endings, and all that jazz, idk why but it doesn't bother me.

...it's not supposed to

it's pure comedy SoL, why would it need character progression?

There's no underlying plot, what would be the point in that.

Error: 410

Well, that troll thread is gone.

and I missed it so now I will never know
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

and I missed it so now I will never know

Just another dude who can't accept the different tastes and hobbies of people... not much to be concerned about...

...it's not supposed to

Exactly, but they imply a "plot", that's the problem. They tease you with a romance that never happens, it's like the anime trolls you.

...it's not supposed to

I guess eelnico's saying that he doesn't like "pure" SoL type shows, but prefers something with character progression (no matter how bad it is). To each their own?

Just another dude who can't accept the different tastes and hobbies of people... not much to be concerned about...

still would've liked to see it
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com