Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

@KRImSIN @helping @Vitalius

Audio didn't work for me either when it was first linked.

Then reloaded page and it worked.

Might just be the site that was used for hosting being crappy.

Also can right click show controls in firefox. Did google remove it for some obscure reason in  chrome?

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Audio didn't work for me either when it was first linked.

Then reloaded page and it worked.

Might just be the site that was used for hosting being crappy.

Also can right click show controls in firefox. Did google remove it for some obscure reason in  chrome?

I guess so?

This is useful tho: 

WebM Default options for Chrome

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

there's sound for me... idk

Fucking sad man

Both Q3A, Quake Live, Reflex, and Strike Vector are ALL dead or near dead.

Does nobody play adrenaline rush games anymore?

Quake and Reflex look like they'd be as cocaine as Strike Vector was but nobody plays the goddamn games

There's always Comp TF2.

analogous but not necessarily qualitative. Much like how many people would push new people trying to join the cool kids "anime pro" club to FMA, CG is one of the better options as a starting point for someone that wanted something with mecha.

what else would you propose? I literally cannot think of something comparably good Y2k+ (sans Eureka, did not enjoy that one)

Recent offerings like Aldnoah and Valverape have been utter shit

there's also Aquarion which I hear is dreadful as well and I haven't so much as considered finding a stick to poke it with.

Ah, ok. I'd say Evangelion is more what they're looking for in that case. Geass and Gurren Lagann are more entry-level schlock, just among the best in that tier (if not the best, I'd have to check more thoroughly to know for sure). Some of the better modern Gundams might also be worth it for more serious newbs, especially ones who want to know more about the roots of anime and hence mecha in general. VOTOMS and Patlabor are for the real "pro" club.

@helping

Is that music in your Plastic Warfare gameplay video you or the game? Because if it's the game, I'll have even moar reason to buy this.

nyao if only steam weren't down.

it looks fun af

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What the flying shit is Bakemonogatari?

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Don't ask.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

LOL PICTURES. SHOW US PICTURES hahahhahahah

I may have one or two. You know gotta support the waifu.

those $0.49 sales tho

https://steamdb.info/sales/

@Charger, an example of min-maxing trading cards. 

>buy $0.49 games with trading cards
>leave them running to get cards & such, or actually play them
>sell/craft badges with cards, usually resulting in you getting a free game, usually.

† Christian Member †

those $0.49 sales tho

https://steamdb.info/sales/

@Charger, an example of min-maxing trading cards.

>buy $0.49 games with trading cards

>leave them running to get cards & such, or actually play them

>sell/craft badges with cards, usually resulting in you getting a free game, usually.

I have tried doing things like that but it turned out to be a little pointless when it was just for buying more crap games just to get badges. Also idleing in games for cards is not a fast process and only makes sense if the cards are higher the the avrage low card value.

Its a mystery/supernatural anime done by shaft. The first in a relatively long series.

Has shaft art style which I quite liked and plenty of head tilts.

Is essentially a harem but doesn't include the typical clueless and useless mc.

Loads of fan service and starts to get really close to being ecchi in later seasons.

Other then that its basically a big clusterfuck the whole time.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

in other news i bought the witcher 3 expansion Hearts of Stone the other day, and completed it today. t'was good. very good. wished it explored more on some key characters but the main quest is still well-crafted. and thank cd project red for delivering superb storytelling, unlike another title that failed to do so (ahem fallout 4). i'm hyped for Blood and Wine! 

I have tried doing things like that but it turned out to be a little pointless when it was just for buying more crap games just to get badges. Also idleing in games for cards is not a fast process and only makes sense if the cards are higher the the avrage low card value.

>program for idling exists

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

Like I said, min-max. Won't get you banned. But does FUBAR your stats if you ever want a real stat/hour/wtv counter for your profile.

† Christian Member †

>program for idling exists

http://www.steamidlemaster.com/

Like I said, min-max. Won't get you banned. But does FUBAR your stats if you ever want a real stat/hour/wtv counter for your profile.

I would never trust something like that.

But steams stats are a bit of a joke as it is regardless. I have lost hours played in a game, I only have a 5 year badge for cs when I only played cs on steam from 2003 untill just a few years ago when I bought a game on steam after finaly caving in and excepting steam as something more then a shit service I was forced to use to play cs.

Round 1 victory:  "I showed up, and threw grape soda on him! Border patrol was breached! The aliens! They screeched! Thy jumped on their tractors calling out to the overlord Mao! History teachers of the old ways were destroyed! Children...rejoiced! Western influence thy be destroyed! Chaucer, he calls upon his ink! He writes of thee! Thus, be thy hero of the Knight's Tale, I!" -

Round 2 victory:  "Too late! He has been sacrificed, and one could say that thou's paradise was lost!"

Round 3 victory:  "Was feasted upon by Grendel!"

Beating my brother in an insanity contest with English Lit.

Sounds like a lively game of DnD.

† Christian Member †

in other news i bought the witcher 3 expansion Hearts of Stone the other day, and completed it today. t'was good. very good. wished it explored more on some key characters but the main quest is still well-crafted. and thank cd project red for delivering superb storytelling, unlike another title that failed to do so (ahem fallout 4). i'm hyped for Blood and Wine! 

I'm going to have to call you out on that one.

All the witcher games are based on novels so of course they will have a fantastic story. Because the company who made the games didn't make the story.

Bethesda on the other hand are fantastic at making a beautiful skeleton for modders to go to town on. Their stories are usually pretty sub par but still allow for an enjoyable experience regardless.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

http://steamspy.com/

Click "upcoming games on Steam"

Useful site imo.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/390730

† Christian Member †

Ah, ok. I'd say Evangelion is more what they're looking for in that case. Geass and Gurren Lagann are more entry-level schlock, just among the best in that tier (if not the best, I'd have to check more thoroughly to know for sure). Some of the better modern Gundams might also be worth it for more serious newbs, especially ones who want to know more about the roots of anime and hence mecha in general. VOTOMS and Patlabor are for the real "pro" club.

I'd consider that an exclusion or pre 2k so I didn't mention it.

For newbs I recommend movies only. I get mixed feels telling someone new to go sit through Evangelion. Rebuilds seem much friendlier with less "get in the fucking robot" and "notice me dad"

It's better, but I don't think it has better casual appeal.

for such a big genre mecha is surprisingly skimpy.

@helping

Is that music in your Plastic Warfare gameplay video you or the game? Because if it's the game, I'll have even moar reason to buy this.

nyao if only steam weren't down.

it looks fun af

No, that's the game music. Music choice on the train map was pretty notable, but in levels like the birthday one (imo) it gets annoying after a bit.

The toy train you can go fightin on is moving and gave me flashbacks to a space level in Strike Vector where the entire battlefield is orbiting a moving+rotating satellite and you're in space so you have absolutely ZERO frames of reference. Things get fucky when you're zipping by at 9001mph and some parts of the satellite appear to have 4 degrees of freedom and your relative speed shifts between 2 and 18002mph depending on where you point.

another level is on a Foosball table. You can spend 5 minutes lining up a shot and then get glockblocked by a line of giant doodads "Mr. President"-ing people across the map ಠ_ಠ

Error: 410

If you craft badges, you get XP.

If you get XP, you gain levels.

If you gain levels, you get higher chances for random booster pack rewards.

What are random booster pack rewards?

Blarg

Standard fanservice shows are less interested in telling their own story as they are in pleasing their genre's fans by giving them the same wish-fulfillment story with only the slightest of tweaks. In this particular genre, they begin with an underdog guy (so average in his world that you could totally be him yourself) who accidentally besmirches a cute girl's honor. She overreacts violently at first, only to ultimately end up fawning over him like he has raw animal magnetism hidden away inside of him causing her brain to fall out. Set it in a magical-ish/futuristic-ish combat highschool setting so that poorly-defined superpowered fights can occur, and have scum-of-the-earth villains who are motivated because they rolled the wrong dice earlier in life. Or make it a comedy in a regular highschool, and have lots of girls fall for the guy so there's no need for a villain. Inevitably the girl will have to be helped or saved by the guy, or at least she'll also get jealous because he helps or flirts with another girl. The ending will almost certainly involve "the power of friendship" and resolve almost nothing so they can milk the franchise if it turns out to be popular enough for a second season.

The ending of the first season did resolve stuff and they ended this tsundere is not my girlfriend rigmarole after the third episode and actually bothered with character development that had meaningful payoff at the end.

Thou I despise the brocon sister character who got toned down thankfully.

Asterisk war is still pulling straight tsundere shtick still...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

My goodness, I went to sleep and there are 6 more pages xD. Not even worth responding to that stuff anymore. 

Anyone got anime  recommendations for a deep story? Maybe something purposely over convoluted like Number 23 (not anime), just something really thought provoking.

Also, I was looking for a good freezing meme and found this... O.o

maki-bleach-aoi-freezing-ichinose-kazuya

The ending of the first season did resolve stuff and they ended this tsundere is not my girlfriend rigmarole after the third episode and actually bothered with character development that had meaningful payoff at the end.

Thou I despise the brocon sister character who got toned down thankfully.

Agreed, also I think the relationship that was still being formed by those 3 characters was interesting, and it did lead to some interesting reasons (and backstory) for the three. Izuku's logic was surprisingly pretty good for her being Ikki's sister and all. I think those shouldn't be overlooked.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit