Kids react to: Sony Walkman

TopWargamer

Ah yes, the cassette. When I was young (like, 4 or 5, somewhere around then) I still remember using cassettes (well more so I remember my dad using cassettes, but I still remember them none the less), but I never had the privilege of using a Walkman, because that was waaaaay before my time. I know the kids in the video are young and all, but man, they didn't even know what a cassette was!

COMIC SANS

Man,I remember my dad had one of them!It was pretty cool.

I used cassettes for a little while,especially on car radio things.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I feel really old, even though I was born in 1996

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I know they couldn't help what year the were born, but this doesn't stop me from face palming hard. I had a walkman when I was transitioning between elementary and middle school. Even before I had a walkman, I knew what freaking 8-track was as well as vinyl records..and those were before my time.

Kids today make me disappointed that a Walkman is alien technology while they can blindly navigate Facebook or mommy's iphone.

tumblr_md3o6aXW941r5vpk0o1_500.jpg

(That one little girl who got what a cassette was is the only one I am proud of)

It's rather pathetic kids of that age can't read a button and use it. just like idiots who don't know how to use current technology. You can see inside it's clearly empty.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel really old, even though I was born in 1996

I feel old and I was born in '99. D: Oh boy.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I was technically born after all this stuff however I grew up in a "90s" household. Essentially I was a 2000s kid raised in a 90s household. Walkmans(men?) were the best thing ever.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I know they couldn't help what year the were born, but this doesn't stop me from face palming hard. I had a walkman when I was transitioning between elementary and middle school. Even before I had a walkman, I knew what freaking A-trax was as well as vinyl records..and those were before my time.

Kids today make me disappointed that a Walkman is alien technology while they can blindly navigate Facebook or mommy's iphone.

Well why is that disappointing? Should your parents be angry you can't do... um... stuff they can do but you can't? 

I feel old and I was born in '99. D: Oh boy.

Ahh, that was a clutch year, one more year and you wouldn't be a 90's kid. I don't consider anyone >=1997 a 90's kid

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well why is that disappointing? Should your parents be angry you can't do... um... stuff they can do but you can't? 

Because people should adapt to situations!If you find a machine that can save your life but you don't know how to use it you'll what,just say "dafuq is this alien tech?".It's pretty easy to find the logic behind things,and parents expect their kids to do, too.Some do,some don't.

I could hand this to any 12 yearold in my neighborhood and they'd know what it is, or could figure it out. this is just stupid.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a massive difference between not being able to do a trade and being ignorant about things. It's as daft as a kid saying they can't operate a tv because the remote went missing. Kids today are way too conditioned for things to be redic easy for them. From games losing their challenge to a Walkman being the hardest thing in the world to figure out...

Also "I feel sorry for the people who lived in the 90's" I feel sorry for the kids of today. At least in the 90's, Bieber didn't exist and the only Cyrus around sung Achey Breaky Heart.

Like I said, at least one of the kids knew what a cassette was so her parents taught her not to be ignorant on older things.

Because people should adapt to situations!If you find a machine that can save your life but you don't know how to use it you'll what,just say "dafuq is this alien tech?".It's pretty easy to find the logic behind things,and parents expect their kids to do, too.Some do,some don't.

That is a fair point. But I feel like 99.9% of the situations where you don't know how to use a life saving device it is not because you were never exposed to technology of an older time.

It's sad that today's kids simply do not realize what they have in their pockets. The kids in the video couldn't believe that this was what was big and what could actually do everything that people wanted. A portable music player in the 80's that was affordable was a huge thing. These things still last. One of my close friends still has one that works and until about 2 years ago was his primary way of listening to music on the go. These Walkmen certainly have a longer lifespan than most phones will ever have now. Interesting to see how lazy we have become, as to where our children feel that opening a cassette player putting the cassette and headphones in is a chore. It's kinda strange to see that really, even saddening at points.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

While i am 16 i can't belive those kids don't know what casettes are or even that you have to use headphones to listen to music, or is it just me that i am getting old for this iPad/iPhone generation?

I was born in the era of the Diskman (CD Walkman) but i still have a radio and many cassetes and they are pretty awesome. Also i find it funny how they find difficult to use a Walkman. An iPod is more complex than that!

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Ahhh the good old Walkman...

I remember carrying like 5 CD'S with me, opening it up, hitting play and listening, feeling like it was the most portable thing ever..

Definition of swag.

These kids MUST have had iPods growing up....How did they not know they needed headphones?

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

still have a box of cassettes

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

Ok, I was born in 97, and I feel incredibly old right now :|

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

im 16 and i knew what it was, how dont kids know that steve jobs got a walkman from the owner of sony and ripped it off to make the ipod ???

they should have atleast 1 child that is remotely interested in technology.

And FFS there is no speakers on the thing but there is a 25mm headphone jack that NONE of them noticed :S

back in my day, we had to press buttons, nowadays kids just keep swiping on their screens.

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Okay, im fifteen and know what a freaking 8-track is. And the 13 and 16 year old. Unless they lived in a box and didnt watch the news i think they were exaggerating a bit.

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |