Is there such thing as a "First install seal?"

marat569
Go to solution Solved by TheBean,

Its not really a thing. think of it kinda like virginity (lmao). its an imaginary thing. 

temperature is not affected by multiple installs. 

So a mobo came, installed my CPU, and for whatever reason took it out for a second and then re-installed it.

A friend goes "rip, +10C, first install seal is gone"

Never heard of this, is there some merit?

Also when I installed the CPU (i9 12900k) the first time there was an audible "click" when I closed the retention arm, and the second time there was just a creak. I recorded a video of the second install -- 

So yea we still good?

4 minutes ago, marat569 said:

A friend goes "rip, +10C, first install seal is gone"

Never heard of it...

EDIT:

Sound in that video clip appears 'normal'.

Edited by Eighjan

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Maybe he's talking about the thermal paste, if you broke the mount and didn't reapply after putting the cooler back on, but that's about all I can think of.

If he's referring to just putting the CPU in and taking it back out without messing with the cooler, then he's wrong. 

1 minute ago, TheBean said:

Its not really a thing. think of it kinda like virginity (lmao). its an imaginary thing. 

temperature is not affected by multiple installs. 

Figured, he memed me on breaking it since I mentioned a loud sound when putting the retention arm down the first time and "rip pins." -- then I took the CPU out, and re-installed as seen in the video. seems I was getting memed. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Maybe he's talking about the thermal paste, if you broke the mount and didn't reapply after putting the cooler back on, but that's about all I can think of.

If he's referring to just putting the CPU in and taking it back out without messing with the cooler, then he's wrong. 

Yea no thermals/cooler yet. Just ordered a bunch of stuff, and well seated the cpu in the mobo since it just shipped.