MyLittleFella
5 minutes ago, IRMacGuyver said:

Just text them every 15 minutes till you get a response. Either: 

Did you get that thing I sent

or 

We need to talk

You should be golden. 

This is a prime example of how you get your butt blocked. Never EVER do this.

elephants

to everyone saying its normal to not respond for days/weeks...

A shes pretty obviously ghosting him  

B if you "text" someone and they aren't responding for weeks is it really worth texting them? the point of texting is that its instant and easy to respond.

"wanna go out tomorrow"

"y/n"

if im not getting a response from someone quickly i will assume that they aren't really understanding the medium and also that they aren't real friends... that said it does depend on the relationship and the subject too obviously. 

Kind of funny im saying this on a forum where quick response times are the norm, just because its a private conversation doesn't mean ghosting someone (you know) is the cool thing to do...

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

I don't respond to advances with "i already have a boyfriend" because all i can think of is the stupid cliche were the woman comes off as a bitch in the way she says it.

I've never heard of that response being a bitchy cliche. If your tone isn't getting through their persistent, thick skulls then you're justified in giving them a reality check. Clueless guys won't understand you're closed for business unless the door is shut and locked, so do yourself the favor.

I don't know anything about you or her so I can only assume.

I for example tend to not use my phone for hours when I am with someone or somewhere (vacation or a trip, things like that) I like / love, because I value the time with them or there and want to take as much in as possible without being distracted or disturbed.

If I was in a long distance relationship and were visiting my gf I probably wouldn't  look at my phone for very long periods.

So just be patient and don't think to much of it.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

6 hours ago, Montana16 said:

I for example tend to not use my phone for hours when I am with someone or somewhere (vacation or a trip, things like that) I like / love, because I value the time with them or there and want to take as much in as possible without being distracted or disturbed.

this kinda seems to make sense in isolation,  but i find this highly unusual and also kind of highly unlikely therefore.  especially the younger generation has their phones on hand 24/7 , even when they're with someone,  they arent talking... theyre "texting" (and i understand why, keeps eavesdropping out simply)

and yeah so for longer periods,  does that mean days,  hours... ?

i would think people check their phones at least once a day... also not responding a few days, on vacation,  that's totally ok, if its weeks though... i dunno, thats simply ghosting, which is really really rude as heck.

6 hours ago, Montana16 said:

don't think to much of it.

ironically... this is probably good advice since it really seems op cares a bit more than they care to admit  - why would it be a big deal for them otherwise,  and in turn this girl is in relationship with another girl, and they're on vacation? well, i probably wouldn't respond to certain "messages" in that situation either...

however,  that doesn't mean it's not still super rude and uncalled for under normal circumstances... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

this kinda seems to make sense in isolation,  but i find this highly unusual and also kind of highly unlikely therefore.  especially the younger generation has their phones on hand 24/7 , even when they're with someone,  they arent talking... theyre "texting" (and i understand why, keeps eavesdropping out simply)

i would think people check their phones at least once a day... also not responding a few days, on vacation,  that's totally ok, if its weeks though... i dunno, thats simply ghosting, which is really really rude as heck.

Ghosting is only rude if there's no reason for it.

Most women who ghost men, do so because they've had VERY BAD experiences doing what half the replies here suggest: "Being honest" and "letting someone down right away", etc.

That's all well and good, until when you tell someone no, they freak out and it becomes a large issue, often involving aggressive or threatening behaviour. Even if it's not "in person", that can still be a very traumatic experience.

Now, if you're ghosting a legit friend for weeks? Yeah that can be rude. Especially if you do it all the time. But for a day or two? No. Be patient. If it's important, use other means of communication, like a phone call.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Ghosting is only rude if there's no reason for it.

Most women who ghost men, do so because they've had VERY BAD experiences doing what half the replies here suggest: "Being honest" and "letting someone down right away", etc.

That's all well and good, until when you tell someone no, they freak out and it becomes a large issue, often involving aggressive or threatening behaviour. Even if it's not "in person", that can still be a very traumatic experience.

true... and i edited my post with this in mind,  there "can" be very good reasons for it...

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Now, if you're ghosting a legit friend for weeks? Yeah that can be rude.

exactly,  and taking op at face value this is whats happening (except they're talking about "12 hours"? 👀) on the other hand, i think theres probably more to it (and also a good example why you shouldn't post about stuff like this to randoms on a "tech forum" its just embarrassing for everyone involved : D )

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

ironically... this is probably good advice since it really seems op cares a bit more than they care to admit  - why would it be a big deal for them otherwise,  and in turn this girl is in relationship with another girl, and they're on vacation? well, i probably wouldn't respond to certain "messages" in that situation either...

however,  that doesn't mean it's not still super rude and uncalled for under normal circumstances... 

I'm in my mid 20s and I may be a bit more oldschool in things like using the phone while being with my girlfriend, family members or friends. I don't use it a lot anyway and I use it even less in these situations because I personally think it's not respectful to the other person or people in these situations. That doesn't mean I don't look at it once in a while but looking at it takes maybe a second or two in which I can determine if any notifications need my immediate attention or not and probably 95% of the time they do not. If they do I answer quickly and if not I don't answer right away but maybe 4 or 5 hours later. If it were really important I'd get a call anyway.

So like I said if I were in a long distance relationship and I were visiting her for a few days I probably would look even less on the phone. Since I don't know anything about the person involved and from my standpoint I don't think its strange at all.

If she is from an even younger generation I would agree. My cousin which is about 10 years younger has basically a phone implanted in his hand.

You are probably right with the statement that he cares more for her than just a friend considering how big of a deal it seems.

I personally don't think it is rude and I can totally understand it. People often think the world revolves around them when in reality it doesn't and other people have other more important things happening to them and many don't understand that.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

21 hours ago, Arika S said:

I don't respond to advances with "i already have a boyfriend" because all i can think of is the stupid cliche were the woman comes off as a bitch in the way she says it.

Maybe it's just me but if someone makes a move on you, and someone thinks you're being a "bitch" by responding with the fact that you're taken, that says much more about them and their worldview than you.

Why would I want to continue consorting with someone who takes offense at me communicating that I have a girlfriend, for instance?

I get that it probably comes from a place of self-consciousness but that's just my two cents.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

on the other hand, i think theres probably more to it (and also a good example why you shouldn't post about stuff like this to randoms on a "tech forum" its just embarrassing for everyone involved : D )

100%

What amuses me most here is that OPs name is MyLittleFella. An almost prophetic choice of name considering what must have sparked this thread.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█