Watch Dogs PC "ultra" specifications revealed

Snickerzz

I am honestly not all that worried. The specs seem rather demanding but we just DON'T KNOW if its unoptimized or even look the way its suppose to yet. So I will be holding off from buying the game until I know it runs well and the gameplay is solid.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

This thread in a nutshell.

ooyBZjV.jpg

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

Yes because my entire post was only directed at you. Good work.

Then don't quote me genius.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Then don't quote me genius.

The first line of my post was directed at you, genius.

The first line of my post was directed at you, genius.

I know that and stop derailing the thread with your ego.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I better build my desktop quick, this would destroy my A10-5750M laptop lol (if it even started up)

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

This thread in a nutshell.

ooyBZjV.jpg

You can never satisfy human beings.

Back on topic, I hope my i7-2600 will be able to handle it on Ultra. My GPUs should be fine.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

My reaction while reading this:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

The game looks amazing, don't know why people are saying "it's just above GTA V level huurrdurr" no, the game looks fucking stunning. 

Seriously? If it takes that much to stun you, I'm guessing you've never seen.... any of the Crysis games, or even GTA IV with mods and shaders?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

And to everybody thinking that the reactions to this news is unreasonable, you should remember what the 780 stands for. And I don't mean as an acronym. The 780 is stupidly overkill for 1080p. That's just what it is. To require it for a graphics preset to run at reasonable FPS, even at Ultra, doesn't make much sense.

Sure, the game is supposed to be "next-gen" and everything, but the videos, which were supposed to show the game at its best, only showed bland textures and no obvious improvements from using Nvidia's marketing gimmicks. If we want to pretend that these system requirements are nothing more than bluffs or optimization problems, we should try to remember what happened with CoD: Ghosts' "Amazing fish AI".

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Seriously? If it takes that much to stun you, I'm guessing you've never seen.... any of the Crysis games, or even GTA IV with mods and shaders?

I own all of the Crysis games, the first and the third are definitely amazing looking titles, the second not so much. Did I say it looked better than Crysis? no, but it still looks amazing. And unlike Crysis it may actually be a good game, not just "hey look at these graphics! oh and shoot things I suppose, yea whatever".

I own all of the Crysis games, the first and the third are definitely amazing looking titles, the second not so much. Did I say it looked better than Crysis? no, but it still looks amazing. And unlike Crysis it may actually be a good game, not just "hey look at these graphics! oh and shoot things I suppose, yea whatever".

Yes, it might actually be a good game, but if you think these graphics are "stunning", then I'm not even sure if we're looking at the same game. The textures are meh, the people walking around on the streets could be animated better, the leaves look two-dimensional, and the water effects are standard at best.

This same thing happened when they released the requirements for Thief. It's always blown out of proportion.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-20-thief-pc-minimum-and-recommended-specs-revealed

I ran thief at low settings 1080p on my old 8800GT and an older dual core the other day. Not always optimal but playable. 

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! 

Doubt this is true. They probably turned AA to the maximum value just to generate hype. 

This same thing happened when they released the requirements for Thief. It's always blown out of proportion.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-20-thief-pc-minimum-and-recommended-specs-revealed

I ran thief at low settings 1080p on my old 8800GT and an older dual core the other day. Not always optimal but playable. 

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! 

That's actually... surprising. 8800GT's do DX9, I guess?

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

So wait just to clarify what camp are we in today?  The "F you developers we want games that can actually make use of our hardware!"  Or the "It needs a GTX780 to run on Ultra?!  What are they high?!  it's obviously terribly optimized  and will probably suck anyways" camp?  I for one hope it's demanding enough to make me want to buy a 780 to max it out.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they either prove themselves right and it looks awesome, or it looks like poo and they look stupid for over hyping it.  Either way it's really a win win lol.

So wait just to clarify what camp are we in today?  The "F you developers we want games that can actually make use of our hardware!"  Or the "It needs a GTX780 to run on Ultra?!  What are they high?!  it's obviously terribly optimized  and will probably suck anyways" camp?  I for one hope it's demanding enough to make me want to buy a 780 to max it out.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until they either prove themselves right and it looks awesome, or it looks like poo and they look stupid for over hyping it.  Either way it's really a win win lol.

Just people being people hehe

3930K and GTX Titan for the game to run at its best? 

Pretty cool how 2013-2014 Nvidia titles are TERRIBLY optimized: AC4, CoD: Ghosts, Watch Dogs, and others.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! 

EXACTLY. Liars and paid for advertising for consoles, to promote their "incredible power" with 1.6-1.7ghz AMD mobile chips which suck in comparison to AMD desktop chips even with a low level API .

The I3 IVY BRIDGE was faster than the 8350 in Thief when these same jokers recommended the I7. 

http://www.techspot.com/review/787-thief-benchmarks/page4.html

Look at ESO. CPU bound "next gen" MMO. If any game is going to push the 8350 high it is going to be an MMO. MMO's are cpu bound games. AMD's struggle like crazy in Guild Wars 2 and WoW. It is GOOD to see the AMD do pretty well in an MMO. It is about time. I am happy for AMD owners. That said? The I3 Ivy Bridge is FASTER. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/the-elder-scrolls-online-performance,3789-8.html

So here is what Ubisoft is selling me. 1) an RPG is going to be CPU Bound (LOL). 2) an I5 which is faster on every next gen game out, which includes huge multiplayer shooters like Planetside 2, BF4, and an MMO, is going to be too slow to run a RPG. 3) The I5 isn't going to be ok with a recommended 560ti as a max settings card (they probably put all the fancy AA/AF on through Nvidia control panel). I am supposed to believe an I5 will bottleneck a 560Ti. Most laughable thing I have ever seen. 

Is it possible this port is terribly optimized? Sure. The textures might suck and we might be forced to make chicken salad out of chicken @%^$ through graphics card settings outside the game menu. That is GPU related though and not CPU related.

Then again Ubisoft has said in the past "just buy a better GPU". I am not holding my breath for a well optimized port on such a huge title that will help determine the success of "next gen consoles". I expect console controllers to not work native, optimization and textures to suck. Needing a really good GPU to make the game look great, when it could have been optimized to work well with different textures. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Then again Ubisoft has said in the past "just buy a better GPU". I am not holding my breath for a well optimized port on such a huge title that will help determine the success of "next gen consoles". I expect console controllers to not work native, optimization and textures to suck. Needing a really good GPU to make the game look great, when it could have been optimized to work well with different textures. 

The reason why most games run like crap is because they run on old DX9 engines and get forced to do DX11 effects on top of that "cough" Assassins Creed "cough".

We don't know if they used AA and what FPS they were getting so calling it unoptimized at this point is pure speculation.

This is game is in the making for over 4 years and got a brand new engine build just for this game.

PC is also the lead platform in Watchdogs so I'm pretty confident that it will be optimized for it.

RTX2070OC 

The reason why most games run like crap is because they run on old DX9 engines and get forced to do DX11 effects on top of that "cough" Assassins Creed "cough".

We don't know if they used AA and what FPS they were getting so calling it unoptimized at this point is pure speculation.

This is game is in the making for over 4 years and got a brand new engine build just for this game.

PC is also the lead platform in Watchdogs so it will be optimized for it.

We will see. Like I said I am not holding my breath. I HOPE the game is optimized for the PC. The I7 stuff? That is just nonsense as me and others have said. Your I5 will be just fine. :)

If next gen consoles were selling better and their games were selling super well? I would be less pessimistic. This needs to be a HUGE game on consoles. I just have a bad feeling we are gonna get shafted. Ubisoft has a very rocky relationship with PC gamers.

I mean what do the consoles have after this? Last of Us at Xmas (remake) and Destiny? What happens if this game actually is optimized for PC? This game is like the GTA V for this year. If this game is actually optimized AT ALL, an I3 Ivy Bridge/6300fx and a r9 270/GTX 760 should blow the console version away. That will look pretty bad for the consoles.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The I7 stuff? That is just nonsense as me and others have said. Your I5 will be just fine. :)

I mean what do the consoles have after this? Last of Us at Xmas (remake) and Destiny? What happens if this game actually is optimized for PC? This game is like the GTA V for this year.

So you're working for Ubisoft Montreal or how do you know?

Yeah, there are no big gaming events happening anymore this year, everything that's going to release is known by april, period. 

144Hz goodness

This'll probably be another ridiculously high set spec to help sell/justify Nvidia's top-tier GPUs just like any other AAA game on PC recently.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I am in the edge

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65