Linus Tech Tips Lottery (Forum Suggestion)

JLCitadel

Or just have people donate money who don't need it and have Linus and/or Slick gather PC parts for ANY random member with... Say... 500 or 1000+ posts (so people can't just create an account and have a chance to win).

Yeah but then you will have a race to see who can get the most post farming going on and there will be a clutter of one liners in every thread and that would be really bad, because the forum is to be used to help each other, not be a contest to see who has the most post and likes. Its what you post that counts, not how many post in general you have :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Can't say I like the idea, you'd have to limit it to North America and at that point I think it's just completely pointless. Plus there's probably a bunch of laws to stop people doing stuff like this

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Although I like the idea, I have heard this said multiple times on the Livestreams, (Now WAN show)

as well as in videos, that it is illegal for them to run a lottery.

They have to be verrrry careful and selective of how many giveaways they do, what they are giving away, as well as how they do them, otherwise they can get in legal trouble.

Now I'm not sure that the same rules apply for strictly the forum, but I'm almost certain that attaching the word "lottery" to anything of this sort is a bad idea.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

I don't want contests with post count as the determining factor for entry. It feels like that it would bring a flood of post farming on the forum. We have enough pointless posts and this can just make it so much worse.

Linus does enough giveaways already. No need to add more. 

the only thing i coulf imagine would be people donating so that @LinusTech can do a build guide and then somebody that donated money could win it. but no signing or whatever,too much work.

No. Simply because there's way too many legal issues to deal with for a company this small and too many countries are excluded by default because they don't allow their inhabitants to participate in international gambling that involves stakes of monetary value.

i5-3570K @stock/Sabertooth Z77/2x4GB Vengeance LP 1600 CL9/EVGA GTX670 @stock/Samsung 830 256GB SSD/Corsair AX850(individualy sleeved cables)/Bitfenix Shinobi XL(window)/Custom loop: Swiftech Apogee HD white/EK-FC670 GTX Nickel Acetal/Alphacool VPP655/Bitspower D5 mod top/Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150/Bitspower Black compression fittings/Mayhems Pastel Ice White coolant/2x Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm rads/Corsair SP120 QE fans @550rpm/Peripherals: DELL U2711 2560x1440/Samsung T220 1680x1050/Steelseries 6Gv2 keyboard/Logitech G700s mouse/Logitech Z10 speakers/ Sennheiser PC 151 headset/ 2GB + 1GB external USB3 HDDs/DEMCiflex fan filters/OS: Win7 hp 64bit

• 6 years later...

Ah yes, just what this forum needs... Gambling.

Edit: Didn't notice this thread was over 6 years old before posting.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Edit: Didn't notice this thread was over 6 years old before posting.

That's what you get for gambling! /s

1 hour ago, marcos988 said:

the thread is old but it is sad that nothing has come to fruition I called much attention when I read this lottery I like a lot I always play one of Spain, but that if it is almost impossible one organized by users maybe about 100? would give enough hope to win

My post from 6 years ago still stands:

Besides what I wrote there, LMG is not in business of building PCs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv