Woop, just got some retro motherboards

I just won 5 socket 775 mobos for £20 on ebay

Unconfirmed if they're working, but I'm ready and willing to find out.

3 x ASUS P5N32 SLI Premium

1 x ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe

1 x MSI P35 Platinum

post-54487-0-82771500-1397392813.jpg

The Platinum is the same one TTL looked at in his throwback Thursday video

Any recommendation on parts I should get now, especially processors? Looking to over clock the snot out of some old cores.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have alot of 775 processors i could use one of those mobo

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

if your gonna buy 45nm CPUs for those boards be 100% sure they support them first  (333fsb)

45nm cpus (7xxx 8xxx 9xxxx)

i still remember them all

it was a great era :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Hey watch what your calling retro! I had a socket 775 mobo until not so long ago...

Also managed to get a Hyper 212 Evo for £20 and a CX500 for £30

Now if I can manage to find a Q6600 or the like for a reasonable price then I'm set, it can even replace the current family PC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I have alot of 775 processors i could use one of those mobo

i have a q6600 just looking to get overvolted

Nice score.

love the platinum. the chipset fan is outta this world!

try to get any c2d or c2q for as little as possible.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Definitely not retro, but they do seem to be very good 775 boards.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Definitely not retro, but they do seem to be very good 775 boards.

Well, retro for me, given I was 10 or so when 775 was concieved

Well, retro for me, given I was 10 or so when 775 was concieved

Well get yourself some Socket 7 hardware :D

Old shit no one cares about but me.

i have a q6600 just looking to get overvolted

Nice score.

love the platinum. the chipset fan is outta this world!

try to get any c2d or c2q for as little as possible.

Well get yourself some Socket 7 hardware  :D

I sell them for as little as possible but the shippping is biggest as possible

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I just won 5 socket 775 mobos for £20 on ebay

Unconfirmed if they're working, but I'm ready and willing to find out.

3 x ASUS P5N32 SLI Premium

1 x ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe

1 x MSI P35 Platinum

attachicon.gif$_12.JPG

The Platinum is the same one TTL looked at in his throwback Thursday video

Any recommendation on parts I should get now, especially processors? Looking to over clock the snot out of some old cores.

Either sell for profit D:

Or get a 771 Xeon high end and do the sticker mod :)

Im planning to do that

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Yeah, I'll probably sell the Asus ones, and keep the MSI. If and when this becomes a home server i'll probably do that

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Well, I just got another mobo that blows the socks off anything I have here. Stay tuned for a build log...

ERMAGERD!!!!!!!!!! @Pentium4Life

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start." 

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Pentium4Life and yet you have amd >.>

(NOW)War Horse:

(WAS)Old Coop:

Pentium4Life and yet you have amd >.>

Look Bro you don't know me. Just cuz I got some of that AMD Apu up in this dont mean I dont love my Pentium swag. Can ya dig it? Ryan Leech can back me up. And get Sponge Bob out my face before I Falcon Punch him off the stage.  

"Believe in yourself. Cuz that's the way to start."