Can one of my old IP's still share my location?

vegasseventeen

Hello, I've been recently more careful on clicking links that can be fake or take my data. Can one of my old IP's still reveal my information? I have a dynamic router from Comcast that automatically changes my IP. I've always feared my data getting leaked and I am not that good in the networking side of tech. Can anyone help? if this is more appropriate for troubleshooting, let me know.

The old IPs don't tell you anything really. If you can get logs from your ISP you can get a lot of info, but that isn't publicly available. 

An IP thats your currently using can't tell your much also. You get the general location and ISP for a home user, and not much else publicly.

2 hours ago, vegasseventeen said:

Hello, I've been recently more careful on clicking links that can be fake or take my data. Can one of my old IP's still reveal my information? I have a dynamic router from Comcast that automatically changes my IP. I've always feared my data getting leaked and I am not that good in the networking side of tech. Can anyone help? if this is more appropriate for troubleshooting, let me know.

Your IP address really cant tell anyone your street address. The most anyone might get is the GEO Location data associated with the IP, which would most likely be the city and state in which the DHCP server for Comcast is located. If you looked up my Comcast IP it would should VanBuren Township Michigan and I dont live there. The only real way for anyone to get info about you is if Comcast supplied it, such action generally takes a court order. 

Furthermore Comcast doesn't switch out your IPs very often most of the time. You can have the same IP for months or even a year or more. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.