Just got Oculus Quest 2, need games on Steam Fall Sale with easy movements

Thready

I've never had VR, I never followed it, I was never interested in it. I got an Oculus Quest 2 from someone and now I have seen the light. Only problem is, I don't know what games are compatible with it on Steam's Fall Sale. I don't want to get a game that doesn't work with it. 

I just got Half Life Alyx because everyone says that's the best VR game and it says it's compatible with Oculus Quest 2 through the link cable. 

I don't know what other games to get that are on sale. I'm not getting Beat Saber because I have shoulder problems with sword-like movements. That's why I can't get a Star Wars game. I played Half Life Alyx a bit and it's easy on my shoulder. I just can't swing my shoulder. I can aim a gun with no problem.

Thanks all! Happy Goble Gobble day to my USA friends!

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

I don't own a Quest myself, so I could be wrong, but any VR title should be compatible. With the link cable, it's basically just acting as a display. The PC is doing all the hard work. If you're talking about the controls, those too should just work.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I have the Rift S. It's technically unsupported but still looks like it runs pretty much any VR game out there. You should be fine running any VR game you want to try.

I'm not too big into games that make me stand up and move around. I'm more into flying and racing vr games where I can sit down.

So far I've been playing 

Assetto Corsa

Project Cars 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator 

Next on my list is to try DCS.

Do you have a preference for genre?

FPS:

Since you already have HL:Alyx

Boneworks

Pavlov

Arizona Sunshine (Better coop)

After the fall (releasing Dec 9 looks good)

Sim Racing

Project Cars 2 (More game than sim, easy play with friends)

Assetto Coursa (More sim than game, Play alone or with dedicated groups)

Dirt Rally 2.0

Flight Sim

Microsoft Flight Sim (General aviation/Sight seeing)

DCS World (WW2 - Modern Day plane and helos study level sim combat)(If you use the standalone installer from their website you can try any of their PAID modules free for 2 weeks to test them out. Cannot do this on steam version. Also 50% off first purchase on standalone no matter how many modules you buy at once)

IL-2 (WW1-WW2 combat. Less study sim/more game)

Vtol VR (Built for VR controllers, no need for joystick/throttle)

Space Sim

Elite Dangerous

All the SIM games benefit greatly from a wheel or joystick/throttle setup as their support for direct VR controllers interaction varies quite a bit

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:17 AM, trufret said:

Do you have a preference for genre?

FPS:

Since you already have HL:Alyx

Boneworks

Pavlov

Arizona Sunshine (Better coop)

After the fall (releasing Dec 9 looks good)

Sim Racing

Project Cars 2 (More game than sim, easy play with friends)

Assetto Coursa (More sim than game, Play alone or with dedicated groups)

Dirt Rally 2.0

Flight Sim

Microsoft Flight Sim (General aviation/Sight seeing)

DCS World (WW2 - Modern Day plane and helos study level sim combat)(If you use the standalone installer from their website you can try any of their PAID modules free for 2 weeks to test them out. Cannot do this on steam version. Also 50% off first purchase on standalone no matter how many modules you buy at once)

IL-2 (WW1-WW2 combat. Less study sim/more game)

Vtol VR (Built for VR controllers, no need for joystick/throttle)

Space Sim

Elite Dangerous

All the SIM games benefit greatly from a wheel or joystick/throttle setup as their support for direct VR controllers interaction varies quite a bit

I got Half Life Alyx on the Steam Sale because people said that's a must own game so I just hurried and bought it. I'm usually into narrative games. big cinematics always get me excited, so maybe Flight Sim would be worth a try.

I have Xbox Game Pass ultimate which comes with Flight Sim and No Mans Sky so I won't be buying those, but if they're good then I'll download them. I heard Flight Sim needs a beefy PC and I have an RTX 2070

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

1 hour ago, Thready said:

I got Half Life Alyx on the Steam Sale because people said that's a must own game so I just hurried and bought it. I'm usually into narrative games. big cinematics always get me excited, so maybe Flight Sim would be worth a try.

I have Xbox Game Pass ultimate which comes with Flight Sim and No Mans Sky so I won't be buying those, but if they're good then I'll download them. I heard Flight Sim needs a beefy PC and I have an RTX 2070

You may have to tweak the settings a bit but you should should be able to get playable framerates on NMS and MSFS.  My ITX VR system has a 1080Ti and it's playable with a Reverb but I had to turn the detail and render resolutions down a bit until the frame dips smoothed out. Both those games are pretty taxing on the hardware