AMD FX 8320 vs. 8350

What becide price and GHz is the difference becide these two CPUs and if you guys have had both and noticed a difference.

They're exactly the same other than clock speed.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

We have this thread daily, do some searching

we also get the same response daily, so apologies.

The 8350 is a higher binned version of the same chip. The 8320 will on average not achieve the same overclocks as an 8350 and will require more voltage at any given equivalent clock. 

8320 has 125w TDP @3.6Ghz, where the 8350 has the same TDP at 4.0. An 8320 at 4.5Ghz or 4.0 will be more stressful than an 8350 at 4.5 or 4.0Ghz. 

An 8350 is much more likely to break passed the 4.5Ghz range.

If all you're doing is gaming and on a budget, an 8320 is still a sound investment as it's one of the best performance per dollar chips. If you have a bit of extra cash an 8350 is a good step up, especially if you want to push it. 

IMO the 30$ is worth it, but if that's going to cut away from other parts of the build (i.e. better mobo or GPU) then 8320. 

Error: 410

We have this thread daily, do some searching

we also get the same response daily, so apologies.

The 8350 is a higher binned version of the same chip. The 8320 will on average not achieve the same overclocks as an 8350 and will require more voltage at any given equivalent clock. 

8320 has 125w TDP @3.6Ghz, where the 8350 has the same TDP at 4.0. An 8320 at 4.5Ghz or 4.0 will be more stressful than an 8350 at 4.5 or 4.0Ghz. 

An 8350 is much more likely to break passed the 4.5Ghz range.

If all you're doing is gaming and on a budget, an 8320 is still a sound investment as it's one of the best performance per dollar chips. If you have a bit of extra cash an 8350 is a good step up, especially if you want to push it. 

IMO the 30$ is worth it, but if that's going to cut away from other parts of the build (i.e. better mobo or GPU) then 8320. 

Sorry for posting this, but thank you

What becide price and GHz is the difference becide these two CPUs and if you guys have had both and noticed a difference.

Get the 8320. If you buy Sabretooth and are looking for top oclocks, the AMD loses all value over the Intel which will see it's real world max on a g-45, and you only need a motherboard that expensive if you are going SLI.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131851

That is literally the most expensive MB I would use with a AMD. Go for low to mid 4's on a evo 212 or something. 115 for the Asus Board from newegg, 150 for the chip from NCIX. If you live near a Microcenter? A non SLI z87 that clocks to the moon ( I have it) and a I5 K  is literally cheaper.

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

The 8350 and same board from them is literally almost the same price.

http://www.microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx

1) Low level API's aren't going to need 5ghz overclocks.

2) Those 5ghz overclocks don't help all that much on the games AMD is behind. AKA MMO's, RTS, emulators like Dolphin. See the Linus Tech tips cinebench r 15 thread as proof (google it).

3) Good luck getting stable, well running high 4 overclocks without a really expensive MB like a Sabretooth on AMD.

AMD can make sense from a budget standpoint, depending on if you have certain stores local. Go all out with water cooling, Sabretooth MB? You should have just went Intel. My I7/MB/evo 212 cost less than peoples 8350/Sabretooth/Watercooler and my performance beats theirs, on lower power usage, with a smaller PSU (more initial savings).  Hell my cheap G-41 also does Xfire if you want to go AMD on GPU. 

AMD can be awesome and AMD can be silly. Paying more for less on the high end is silly. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.