Why does EKWB make terrible quality thermal pads?

Milos Sladic
  • EKWB is usually regarded as the most expensive watercooling company and they brand themselves with the greatest quality to justify their prices.
  • Funny thing to me is that their GPU blocks which could cost up to 500 EUR for the 3090 FE sandwich all come with their thermal pads that have laughable conductivity of 3.5 W/mK. I mean wtf ekwb...
  • My friend is having a business changing thermal pads for professional miners and with his custom ordered 20 W/mK pads he is reducing memory temps by 20c compared to stock and by 15c compared to EK.
  • Why would they sell such low quality pads even thou you need to spend 500+ EUR in order to cool your GPU for example, and the main reason most of us do this is to have the best possible thermals on the plantet... and yet all that money and equipment is restricted by 3.5 W/mK pads...

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

does it overheat while using the waterblock? or you're just complaining for the sake of complaining?

What pointless reply is that?

Do air cooled components overheat? no
Do we still do custom water cooling? yes
Do I expect to get the best of the best and not some crap like stock pads if I pay 800 EUR to EKWB just to cool my GPU? yes I do

I think this is very similar to the Roles Royce window glass.  There is nothing special about it, except that it comes with that car.  If the GPU isn't overheating, then the thermal pad is fine.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

5 minutes ago, MS1993 said:

Do air cooled components overheat? no

they, in fact, do

i own many 3090 and 3080, they definitely overheat on stock config

5 minutes ago, MS1993 said:

Do I expect to get the best of the best and not some crap like stock pads if I pay 800 EUR to EKWB just to cool my GPU? yes I do

then you have high expectations, there's nothing wrong with the product itself

feel free to buy aftermarket parts that meets your standards, then

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

that's why I went with bykski for my waterblocks 😂

their thermal pads are just ok, but their prices are great ✌️ 

also I have a strange suspicion that their supremacy classic waterblock is not suited for am4, it's strange my corsair xc7 gen1 is cooler by 5c

Edited by fonzz1e
Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini