Looking for a 3080ti or 3090 FE, EVGA, FTWULTRA, or STRIX. For rendering in 3D. Building an entire system around it. WILL NOT PAY SCALPERS!!!

TECHNOMANCER303

Where can I buy one? I refuse to pay one of the 5,000 cards on offer up and ebay. There are too many scalpers and I refuse to pay a single one. I need to render in 3D my current program is Adobe Substance and render times is 30min plus. System will be intel 11th or 12th. Thanks for any help.

Micro center, stock bots. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Luck?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

Micro center, stock bots. 

Micro center hasn't received a shipment for 2 weeks. And the scalpers always get to the door first.

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Luck?

I need it, I don't understand how a business cant do its job. I understand for a few months but we are pushing 1.8 years now

Just now, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Micro center hasn't received a shipment for 2 weeks. And the scalpers always get to the door first.

Gotta beat them to the door. Low supply and high demand means it's not going to just get handed to you. If you want to pay less, you have to put more work in.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Just now, IkeaGnome said:

Gotta beat them to the door. Low supply and high demand means it's not going to just get handed to you. If you want to pay less, you have to put more work in.

Honestly terrible, fighting to spend money. Said no rich person ever. My other option is a laptop but I don't want to be constrained by thermals and TPD

To put it nicely the people who are willing to sleep at a microcenter and people with the will to spend the money will get them.

Companys don's care who buys it as long as its sold.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

5 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

I need it, I don't understand how a business cant do its job. I understand for a few months but we are pushing 1.8 years now

If you 'need it' then you will buy it

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

2 minutes ago, SignatureSigner said:

If you 'need it' then you will buy it

But overpaying outweighs my need.

But overpaying outweighs my need.

I'm curious what you think a fair price for a 3080ti or 3090 is.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

I'm curious what you think a fair price for a 3080ti or 3090 is.

Look I already think buying at MSRP for anything is too much. I have a business background and know the true cost and or margins they have and what the price will end up being EOL. So today as things are I wont go over MSRP. Just to add Sales tax to that. Which is why the FE cards are so attractive because the price is low compared to reference 

1 minute ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Look I already think buying at MSRP for anything is too much. I have a business background and know the true cost and or margins they have and what the price will end up being EOL. So today as things are I wont go over MSRP. Just to add Sales tax to that. Which is why the FE cards are so attractive because the price is low compared to reference 

Hate to break it to you, but sub-MSRP graphics cards do not exist right now in any capacity. Your best option is stalking Best Buy for an FE card, but as others have said above, you have to put in serious time and effort to snag one in this market.

the pc guy

2 minutes ago, Forleb said:

Hate to break it to you, but sub-MSRP graphics cards do not exist right now in any capacity. Your best option is stalking Best Buy for an FE card, but as others have said above, you have to put in serious time and effort to snag one in this market.

I don't need sub msrp just msrp. 1200 FE 3080ti is great.

You may have better luck with RTX A5000 (Don't confuse with RTX A5000 Quadro which is based on Turing). At least in EU I can find it cheaper than RTX 3090 and actually in stock.

It's not as powerful as RTX 3090 and it's closer to a 3080 performance but it has 24GB of VRAM for 3D and it uses significantly less power.

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You may have better luck with RTX A5000 (Don't confuse with RTX A5000 Quadro which is based on Turing). At least in EU I can find it cheaper than RTX 3090 and actually in stock.

It's not as powerful as RTX 3090 and it's closer to a 3080 performance but it has 24GB of VRAM for 3D and it uses significantly less power.

what is RTX A5000 based on? 

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I had no idea this existed, Id also play games as well not often but I do. How would this work?

Same GPU die as 3080ti and 3090.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/nvidia-ga102.g930

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/rtx-a5000.c3748

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Ampere.

A5000 is a bit cut down RTX 3080 die but with 24GB GDDR6 VRAM and ECC and more Tensor Cores.

The RTX A4000 uses the RTX 3070ti die but at 140W with 16GB GDDR6 ECC.

The A2000/4000/5000/6000 also have ECC VRAM.

They all also feature more Tensor Cores for Deep Learning but they are universally focused for workstations and depending on what software you use, you can actually see an uplift in rendering performance vs regular RTX 3000 series cards (it's not usually the case though).

I had no idea this existed, Id also play games as well not often but I do. How would this work?

They still work fine with games, it's just that they are limited to lower TDP so you get a bit less performance than with comparable RTX 3000 gaming cards but you get much better driver stability and support for workstations.

IMO if you actually earn money with 3D then the RTX A4000/A5000 are worth it if you can get them for "normal" prices.

31 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Buisnesses are selling gpus....

thats their job

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Buisnesses are selling gpus....

thats their job

Im talking about supple chain

Um.... they are, theyre making as much as they can, but what they can make isnt enough

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

Which is why the FE cards are so attractive because the price is low compared to reference 

FE cards are so attractive because they look great. And price is "low" too ig 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

20 minutes ago, TECHNOMANCER303 said:

The pandemic isn't over and society hasn't recovered yet. Companies saying we'll be stuck with this for at least some time in 2022 still aren't just saying that to keep pricing high. It's the unfortunate reality.

If you want one now you'll have to go camp outside Best Buys, hunt for MSRP priced cards online through various groups (they do pop up from time to time, I had the option to buy a 3080 Ti for MSRP the other day) or pay more than MSRP.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB