my pc is possibly being accessed

aaron214

a while ago i fell for the new discord scam and months later my discord account went and started posting bots but the sme day my steam account went and then all my password where found i assume my pc got accessed and i think ive fixed it now ive urned on 2 step  and deleted all exetensions and reset my chrome data removed the suspicous devicecs but still my laptop was very hot and slow ive since reset it downloaded glasswire and just about 5 mins ago ive gotten this notofication and at that same time my laptop took off like a fighter jet ive used various antivirus's and still nothing i sued malware bytes norton security ultra how ever that was on my pc and im cluless now where its comming from 1766794375_scaryshit.thumb.png.7c8e4cde710b3bf070ecf056c2ab9922.png

might be best to wipe everything and install a fresh windows copy. back up data if you have to, but make sure to scan it very well before putting it back on the drive.

it can be hard to be sure if there actually is something on your system. so best thing would be to backup your files (do not backup everything because you might accidentally back up the virus as well) and do a fresh install. 

backup only the things you actually need. 

29 minutes ago, TheBean said:

it can be hard to be sure if there actually is something on your system. so best thing would be to backup your files (do not backup everything because you might accidentally back up the virus as well) and do a fresh install. 

backup only the things you actually need. 

i did eveyrthing tho i think its on the cloud cause i searched up azure its a cloud/virtul machine  i think

34 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

might be best to wipe everything and install a fresh windows copy. back up data if you have to, but make sure to scan it very well before putting it back on the drive.

i did but i got rid of everything i think it sover the cloud or my pc but my pc seems chill

What I do if I think I even think I smell intrusion: clean install from old offline media. Wipe all the media, (always have backups)  All new passwords. Even if there wasn’t one at least the cruft is gone from my system. If it was a system that actually controlled money or valuable secrets I’d do all the various odd little corners of non-storage writable bits too like bios too.  I got burned anyway though because t-mobile didn’t.  I was no longer even using their service, but they still kept my data and all the keys to my castle got stolen.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:00 PM, Bombastinator said:

What I do if I think I even think I smell intrusion: clean install from old offline media. Wipe all the media, (always have backups)  All new passwords. Even if there wasn’t one at least the cruft is gone from my system. If it was a system that actually controlled money or valuable secrets I’d do all the various odd little corners of non-storage writable bits too like bios too.  I got burned anyway though because t-mobile didn’t.  I was no longer even using their service, but they still kept my data and all the keys to my castle got stolen.  

thats the thing i thinks it inplanted itself into a little cloud storage file or something and watches everything something i forgot to mention thta i reallly should of was the same day i reset it ws whn i seen an account logged into my chrome called alex murphy not me or anybody i know and strangely photos i didnt take are popping up on my phone one of minecraft in russian or something and when i checked the gmail account out it had all my passwords saved i deleted them then logge dout and reset my laptop their hasent been new problems yet but alot of my accounts but theirs alot of accounts i cant think of to check and my accs are being used has bots also theirs was some random phones when i chedk find my phone logged in also ive since sent insttructions to wipe the phone and lock it so that was kinda fun but i think it pissed them off the day later they went ape the most

12 minutes ago, aaron214 said:

thats the thing i thinks it inplanted itself into a little cloud storage file or something and watches everything something i forgot to mention thta i reallly should of was the same day i reset it ws whn i seen an account logged into my chrome called alex murphy not me or anybody i know and strangely photos i didnt take are popping up on my phone one of minecraft in russian or something and when i checked the gmail account out it had all my passwords saved i deleted them then logge dout and reset my laptop their hasent been new problems yet but alot of my accounts but theirs alot of accounts i cant think of to check and my accs are being used has bots also theirs was some random phones when i chedk find my phone logged in also ive since sent insttructions to wipe the phone and lock it so that was kinda fun but i think it pissed them off the day later they went ape the most

Cloud crap.  I hate cloud crap.  I hate it so much I won’t even use cloud stuff.  The “Cloud” never actually really existed.  It always means stuff in someone else’s server you have limited access to. I avoid google crap as much as possible to avoid things like this myself.  Wipe would have to include all cloud stuff.  I had an old gmail account which was so old and ingrained I avoided getting rid of it.  It eventually bit me.  Really hard.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Cloud crap.  I hate cloud crap.  I hate it so much I won’t even use cloud stuff.  The “Cloud” never actually really existed.  It always means stuff in someone else’s server you have limited access to. I avoid google crap as much as possible to avoid things like this myself.  Wipe would have to include all cloud stuff.  I had an old gmail account which was so old and ingrained I avoided getting rid of it.  It eventually bit me.  Really hard.

hmm thats the thing its also my school stuff i knew the cloud would be a good spot for a virus to slip in considering it has acess to all my pcs and glassiwre even showed heavy use on one drive