Does Linus speak (fluent) French?

Lord Szechenyi

I guess it won't be surprising he knows some French since it is part of the curriculum set by the Ministry of Education here in BC... that is if he doesn't forget most of it as 99% of people here don't speak French exclusively. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

he does, he has one more video where he com0pletley talks French on another channel i think 

also @2:56 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

11 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

he does, he has one more video where he com0pletley talks French on another channel i think 

also @2:56 

Holy Moly, his French in the new video is quite good!

Beard Linus is, in fact, a total Chad™️

Unless he's reading of a teleprompter his French is very good in the video you posted.

Also his accent isn't that bad. We're not Hollywood actors.

Doubt he learned from Quebec natives, he has a France French pronounciation and vocabulary.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

41 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

We're not Hollywood actors.

We're?

Who are you? Linus' alt account?

his French is very good in the video you posted.

Only the one from Intel, in all the other ones his pronunciation is utter garbage, at least the sentences are correct

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 5:03 PM, Lord Szechenyi said:

Only the one from Intel, in all the other ones his pronunciation is utter garbage, at least the sentences are correct

You're being extremely unreasonable. His pronunciation is quite good. Based on your standard, someone either sounds like a native speaker or they sound like utter garbage. It's like there's no space for middle ground and that's insane.

6 hours ago, Canuck21 said:

You're being extremely unreasonable. His pronunciation is quite good. Based on your standard, someone either sounds like a native speaker or they sound like utter garbage. It's like there's no space for middle ground and that's insane.

Jeez, my comment pushed you to make an account and you reply with this 2 weeks later?

And no, I've heard French that's way better but much worse than a native, Linus isn't (or wasn't) in that category

He was almost at the same level as French President Francois Holland when speaking english

I also noticed that he said he wanted to read Harry Potter in French. I just hope he gets over how some characters' names have been translated. As an example, take Severus Snape who in the French version is apparently called "Severus Rogue" which sounds like the name of someones who teaches other things in dungeons than potions.

8 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I also noticed that he said he wanted to read Harry Potter in French. I just hope he gets over how some characters' names have been translated. As an example, take Severus Snape who in the French version is apparently called "Severus Rogue" which sounds like the name of someones who teaches other things in dungeons than potions.

The most retarded translation change though is how they translated "Hungarian Horntail"

They called it "Le Magyar a pointes", except magyar isn't a word in the french language, magyar means "hungarian" in hungarian.

Whoever was translating that day was on some serious drugs

23 hours ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Jeez, my comment pushed you to make an account and you reply with this 2 weeks later?

And no, I've heard French that's way better but much worse than a native, Linus isn't (or wasn't) in that category

He was almost at the same level as French President Francois Holland when speaking english

Your comment kept me up at night. I would reply to a 10-year old post if I felt like it. I never bother with the date.

François Hollande is worse than Linus. Have you heard Brad Pitt pretending he knew how to speak French?

1 hour ago, Canuck21 said:

Your comment kept me up at night. I would reply to a 10-year old post if I felt like it

Good Lord

François Hollande is worse than Linus. Have you heard Brad Pitt pretending he knew how to speak French?

Brad Pitt is slightly better than Old Linus and a bit worse than Current Linus

• 1 month later...

A lot of Canadians speak French, and many of their provinces have French names, this shouldn't really come as a surprise.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

3 hours ago, EDKTech said:

A lot of Canadians speak French, and many of their provinces have French names, this shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Only people from Quebec speak french, and a few others from neighboring provinces

Linus is the furthest possible from that region

28 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

Only people from Quebec speak french, and a few others from neighboring provinces

Linus is the furthest possible from that region

No, people speak French in all of them, just Quebec is the only one with French as an official language.

but I’d guess enough in Vancouver speak it that it makes sense.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler