What i5-12600k cooler?

JULI4N0

Hello! I have ordered the 12600k after watching linus’ video and I’m not sure what cooler I should pick, I know that he had mention/used the Noctua NH-D15 but I’m not quite sure if I should get that cooler or not (not looking for bang for the buck, just trying to get the best possible air cooler) Thanks!

the best possible ir cooler is the NH-D15

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Or Deepcool AK620

But 12600K does not consume too much power at stock speeds.

I edit my posts more often than not

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White ARGB (Black), Frost Commander ARGB (Black), Frost Spirit ARGB (Black), as well are up there with the best air coolers, if you're looking for something different looks wise.

But also if money is not a issue, you can get the NH-D15/S Chromax Black. (which is probably the best option, cause idk If you'll be able to find the Frost Commander).

Or Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4

or Zalman CNPS20X to add 2 more near top performance coolers to the mix.

But it all comes down to - which will have LGA 1700 installation option. Right now maybe some of the listed have an option to apply for free installing options upgrade to 1700. Out of the box, as far as I know none do.

I edit my posts more often than not

FC140 has a higher TDP rating than D15, but not by much. It is much more compact too.

If it were me I would be looking at FC140 or PA120.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 5x TL-B12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B12, TY-143

Fastest, cheapest, most widely available LGA 1700 mounting kit would be Noctua and Be Quiet! > Deepcool > Zalman & Thermalright (for EU market) and Noctua+Thermalright > Be Quiet! (for US market)

Though there's really no need to go for DRP4 and CNPS20X with their increased height. when there's so many basically tied coolers that are <160mm (NH-D15/D15S, all the thermalright stuff) and  with slightly less performance Deepcool AK620/Cooler Master Air MA624 Stealth

56 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

But it all comes down to - which will have LGA 1700 installation option. Right now maybe some of the listed have an option to apply for free installing options upgrade to 1700. Out of the box, as far as I know none do.

Noctua is free (only shipping cost), Be Quiet! is free (only shipping cost). Deepcool is free (only shipping cost), Cooler Master will have it available on their US and EU stores (not clear if they're gonna be free with only shipping), and Thermalright hasn't said anything yet.

Without invoices/receipt Be Quiet! price is know atm 5,46 € / 6,38 USD, Deepcool is 6 eur / $6.

As for out of the box, Noctua is gonna be the fastest they're already shipping coolers with LGA 1700 mounting, and the rest in 2022.

from what i've experienced, noctua & scythe has the easiest mounting solution

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

• 2 weeks later...

I am also wondering this. I have contacted a local supplier in The Netherlands. They told me they have brackets for the Scythe coolers, and that they should be able to handle the heat load. BUT, when i asked if the cooler covers the whole headspreader (its now bigger), the answer was no.

So, are all those coolers from older gens still "good" when they dont cover the whole headspreader of the new 12th gen?

Does anyone have experience with it?

Just don't buy anything from Corsair... I have been waiting for over three weeks now for my 4 riser screws...

After contact with Noctua i found the Noctua NH-U12S Redux. Is ordered after a certain date it should have all the brackets for LGA1700 included in the box, and it should cover the whole IHS (even the bigger one on LGA1700). I'll let you know after i received the order.