Facebook's new name is going to be Meta

spartaman64
17 hours ago, minibois said:

Not even going into the name itself, I am just not familiar at all with the Facebook platform to know if it's a good fit or not.

It's a reference to a VR social network service that hasn't been launched yet.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The new namings for companies is to have generic new name, now that's a new meta.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Who even uses Facebook apart from old people and those few who use it to either promote their company or just have that 1 or 2 distant relatives for which they use FB to communicate? No one of young people use it.

Idk i know a lot of 20-25 yo who use it... they say it's "essential" for getting jobs and stuff... of course they'll also use whatsapp, which is really just the same thing if you think about it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 10/28/2021 at 2:45 PM, poochyena said:

Sounds similar to what google/alphabet did. meta is an odd company name though

Agreed. I understand why they want to change the name but meta is just weird. 

21 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Idk i know a lot of 20-25 yo who use it... they say it's "essential" for getting jobs and stuff... of course they'll also use whatsapp, which is really just the same thing if you think about it.

aye, I am not on it anymore... but I do notice that its quite hard to find groups for things and events without it.

Every local social club, pub/bar, even if you want to find a group for cooking classes or dog training for example... these aren't easy to discover just with googling, most of these places just don't update their sites anymore.

All events are hosted through FB.... so I get my wife to act receptionist for me now he he