How to do port forwarding?

saba17

Through your router's web user interface.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Confucius say "Put as much thought into you question as you expect others to put into their answer"

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, whispous said:

If that's the most you can type to ask the question, go to google.

I saw on google that to do port forwarding i have to put my  IP address on the addres bar but when i do it nothing opens and in after few seconds it says this site took to long to respond and cant be reached.Am i doing it correct?

You put the IP address of your router / modem in the browser.  Maybe put https:// in front, if that doesn't work put http:// in front. Most routers should support encryption.

Look at your private IP .. if it's something like 192.168.0.xxx , then most likely the router's IP address is 192.168.0.1  , if it's 192.168.1.something then it's most likely 192.168.1.1

Your external IP can be easily determined ... just search google for "what is my ip" or access a website that tells you, for example https://ping.eu

11 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You put the IP address of your router / modem in the browser.  Maybe put https:// in front, if that doesn't work put http:// in front. Most routers should support encryption.

Look at your private IP .. if it's something like 192.168.0.xxx , then most likely the router's IP address is 192.168.0.1  , if it's 192.168.1.something then it's most likely 192.168.1.1

Your external IP can be easily determined ... just search google for "what is my ip" or access a website that tells you, for example https://ping.eu

Yeah i am doing that but nothing happens it loads for like 30 seconds and then says this site took to long to respond and cant be reached

Then it's the wrong IP or another issue. 

Look on the router, maybe there's a label on the bottom or somewhere saying the IP and user/pass 

If you're using wireless, try connecting an ethernet cable directly between the computer and the router/modem

Try opening a command prompt and type there arp -a   - if you're lucky the management IP will be listed there.

12 minutes ago, sabapro17 said:

Yeah i am doing that but nothing happens it loads for like 30 seconds and then says this site took to long to respond and cant be reached

Open command prompt and type "ipconfig".

You'll see default gateway listed:

8IynzpP.png

Visit the ip address listed under default gateway - this is almost always your router

10 minutes ago, whispous said:

Visit the ip address listed under default gateway - this is almost always your router

No need to mask local IPs.

At home your router is always your gateway.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

No need to mask local IPs.

At home your router is always your gateway.

Yes but it would be nice to keep the internal things a little bit more ambiguous (they're not set to entirely normal addresses) given I have a few things exposed.

38 minutes ago, whispous said:

8IynzpP.png

This worked thanks

15 minutes ago, whispous said:

Yes but it would be nice to keep the internal things a little bit more ambiguous (they're not set to entirely normal addresses) given I have a few things exposed.

Genuinely, it makes zero difference what you use internally. Because port forwarding is a thing your internal addresses are never exposed to the internet and even if they were, they're entirely useless to anybody except you. This is literally why port forwarding exists.

A great example is if I need a VM to talk for my real devices then I just forward a port.

I run 3 subnets on my network

192.168.0.0/24 is just for my modem router, since it has REALLY BAD wifi I literally use it as a modem

192.168.1.0/24 is where my main router and subnet lives, this is where all my physical devices live

10.0.1.0/24 is where all my VMs and other virtual services live.

Say I've got a webserver running on a VM at 10.0.1.69:443 and I need to access from a physical device at 192.168.1.69, I just add a port forward rule to VMWare that says anything coming from 10.0.1.69:443 should be forwarded to 192.168.1.69:6969 then on the physical device 192.168.1.69 I just open 127.0.0.1:6969 and the webserver from inside the VM is now available outside of its subnet.