Buy now or Wait Longer?

I'm planning to buy a new laptop for wfm, light gaming and some light content creation. I know the 12th gen intel with ddr5 are coming this end of the month and amd will follow pretty soon after that. should i wait for the new gen laptops or should i buy know. (i can wait up until around december or january)

2 minutes ago, Jakissz said:

I'm planning to buy a new laptop for wfm, light gaming and some light content creation. I know the 12th gen intel with ddr5 are coming this end of the month and amd will follow pretty soon after that. should i wait for the new gen laptops or should i buy know. (i can wait up until around december or january)

November is around the corner. Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals might be worth a wait. Maybe some sales around Christmas. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

new laptops might come in the end of this year and next year.

AMD could be targeting before summer or before school season or a little behind intel?

not too sure, but both are likely going with DDR5, if they are going to use it in laptops or what version of it.

Sales like above, can be a good day to find something.

Also then you got windows 11, if they will be supported or not (they should, and if there is, it might just be short term issue). Else its up to you, you could wait and wait or get one currently that might meet your spec. With some of the laptop GPUs kind of being a bit of a mess in marketing and can be overpriced for the GPU it has.

Just be aware there will be a lot of competition for good deals this year, you will need to know what you want and when it it a good price.

In this industry new things will always be coming out. The new stuff is potentially a bigger change then some. Do you want to get on the new floor of some potentially neat stuff without all the bugs figured out or do you want to go with stuff that is known to be good but may be harder to upgrade in a few years?

Welcome to the LTT forums! Even though Intel will soon drop their products they are most likely going to release the desktop parts first and release the laptop chips in January or February most of the new laptops will likely not come out until March or April.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!