Rant about gaming on Linux from a Linux user

Master Disaster
5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Wait, having to look for a settig in like 3 diffrent places in windows is intuitive?

Having to deal with constant update reminders is user friendly?

macos and ios are basses off the same thing as linux (unix), and android litterally is a fork of android you thick idiot.

I use linux on two of my machines right now, both are fine. Ones a modded chromebook  running xubuntu, that has some trackpad issues due to driver problems, but as its a chromebook, i doubt it would be anty better with windows.

The other is a machine that I use linux on as a necesity. It just doesnt run windows well enough. APT is more than enough to make it good for personal use, i dont have to look half a million places for anything, its all a few keystrokes away.

No one on this thread or any other has sead linux is the second comming of jesus. This whole thread is complaining about linux, Linus torvalds has complained about how bad linux can e at times, theres whole comunities build about trashing on arch. 

I dont even understand this?

like this has nothing to do with any of the points I made, you just wont listen to any facts what so ever.

In green: Yes they are user friendly, Windows 10 was just more intrusive with them.

3 settings is better than relying on a community of mixed ability, most having none to help the end user.

Bold red. I am glad you attack my character.

Then in Green continued. You don't understand... Because you prefer your bubble of ignorance to opposing experiences.

In red you are not telling any details, you just use them on laptops like I do which I already covered are best for simple tasks.

You don't present facts, you present anecdotal and personally biased presentations of why YOU like it as facts.

When the majority of people are on Windows, which is a fact and Linux will continue to be a niche thing for a collective of strange people.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

16 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

And all 3 are not Linux.

you know whats funny? microsoft have to add the linux subsystem into windows just to make sure windows is POSIX compliant enough for governments and enterprises computers. 

ios and macos are indeed not linux, they are unix and posix compliance is literally one of the basic requirement to be certified as unix so they are more closely related to unix like os like linux and bsd than windows by a thousand years. Not sure what you mean by android, android sits on top of the linux kernel and standard POSIX utilities like grep can all be found in its /bin directory

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

you know whats funny? microsoft have to add the linux subsystem into windows just to make sure windows is POSIX compliant enough for governments and enterprises. 

ios and macos are indeed not linux, they are unix and posix compliant is literally one of the basic requirement to be certified as unix so they are more closely related to unix like os like linux and bsd than windows by a thousand years. Not sure what you mean by android, android sits on top of the linux kernel and standard POSIX utilities like grep can all be found in its /bin directory and many APIs, c std lib, and linux syscalls can all work on android. 

Good on Microsoft, at least they understand that businesses use Linux. How does this change anything?

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

5 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

Good on Microsoft, at least they understand that businesses use Linux. How does this change anything?

you do know chrome book is also linux if you do not striclty follow the GNU definition right? with the lastest relese, you can literally run linux software on it.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

You don't present facts, you present anecdotal and personally biased presentations of why YOU like it as facts.

Do you do anything diffrent? Youve been refrencing vague "issues" for the entire thread, wiht no supporting evidence.

3 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

Bold red. I am glad you attack my character.

Wow you have to be trolling at this point. YOU DID THE SAME THING!

4 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

When the majority of people are on Windows, which is a fact and Linux will continue to be a niche thing for a collective of strange people.

LInux wont be though. Its actually mainstream now, with SIs sellign linux systems to the public.

And the steamdeck running linux will be a huge thing for linux. 

Linux is in the 5-10% range of all users now, nearing macos

You just ignored the parts where I actually start to disprove your point while wasting everyon's time. 

7 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

In red you are not telling any details, you just use them on laptops like I do which I already covered are best for simple tasks.

Incorect. I use it on a laptop and a desktop. 

7 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

n green: Yes they are user friendly, Windows 10 was just more intrusive with them.

3 settings is better than relying on a community of mixed ability, most having none to help the end user.

NO THATS LITTERALLY NOT! User firendly means "easy to use or understand", intuitive "using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive", with is neither. 

I have to google how ot use more shit on windows than linux, as at least on linux all the settings are where you think theyd be.

Imma go with @WolframaticAlpha and leave.

User Ignored

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, wasab said:

you do know chrome book is also linux if you do not striclty follow the GNU definition right? with the lastest relese, you can literally run linux software on it.

That is great to know, but how does this change the facts?

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

Just now, wasab said:

not even the latest release, its been a thing since like chrome os 76 or something

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, OneOfYas said:

That is great to know, but how does this change the facts?

so chromebook is too sophisticated and user unfriendly for the average user is that what you are saying? my kid sister literally use it in her school. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Do you do anything diffrent? Youve been refrencing vague "issues" for the entire thread, wiht no supporting evidence.

Wow you have to be trolling at this point. YOU DID THE SAME THING!

LInux wont be though. Its actually mainstream now, with SIs sellign linux systems to the public.

And the steamdeck running linux will be a huge thing for linux. 

Linux is in the 5-10% range of all users now, nearing macos

You just ignored the parts where I actually start to disprove your point while wasting everyon's time. 

Incorect. I use it on a laptop and a desktop. 

NO THATS LITTERALLY NOT! User firendly means "easy to use or understand", intuitive "using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive", with is neither. 

I have to google how ot use more shit on windows than linux, as at least on linux all the settings are where you think theyd be.

Imma go with @WolframaticAlpha and leave.

User Ignored

Well ignoring me is the best, people dislike truth if it discomforts them, bye bye now, have a nice day.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

Just now, wasab said:

so chrome is too sophisticated and user unfriendly for the average user is that what you are saying? my kid sister literally use it in her school. 

Your kid is not the majority of people, case and point..

The majority of people have IQ's which are of median range, I am glad you and your daughter can use it, let's clap for the self righteous. 

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

Just now, OneOfYas said:

Your kid is not the majority of people, case and point..

The majority of people have IQ's which are of median range, I am glad you and your daughter can use it, let's clap for the self righteous. 

this must be sarcastic.... my sister cant navigate around windows if her life depends on it. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

this must be sarcastic.... my sister cant navigate around windows if her life depends on it. 

That's her issue.

People are more dominant in left and right handed, but the majority of people use Windows.

I am glad she can use Linux, can she teach me how to use it better than the majority of the self righteous Linux community too?

If so, I would invest in private schooling and getting her into higher education early on, she is an awesome girl.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

1 minute ago, OneOfYas said:

That's her issue.

People are more dominant in left and right handed, but the majority of people use Windows.

I am glad she can use Linux, can she teach me how to use it better than the majority of the self righteous Linux community too?

If so, I would invest in private schooling and getting her into higher education early on, she is an awesome girl.

she also cant use linux besides opening the chrome browser. In fact, that is the only thing she knows how to do, why else do you think she uses chromebook? are you still thinking that is too sophisticated for the average user? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Just now, wasab said:

she also cant use linux besides opening the chrome browser. In fact, that is the only thing she knows how to do, why else do you think she uses chromebook? are you still thinking that is too sophisticated for the average user? 

I stated I use a laptop with Mint on for basic usage as it is all it is good for, browsing the web, doing emails, working with it (Schooling) and the like, so you just confirmed what I already said.

I too have an IQ above the threshold of the average person, but I am not stupid enough to lose my time to some crap that don't work fundamentally when there are better options.

Linux Mint is excellent inside the box I give it, after that it falls apart and I have to spend hours in a forum with useless drivel that almost always does not fix the problem, heck something as simple as installing Steam is a chore if it fails to work and there will be no actual reason, the issue falls beyond logic in some black hole with Linux.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

9 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

I stated I use a laptop with Mint on for basic usage as it is all it is good for, browsing the web, doing emails, working with it (Schooling) and the like, so you just confirmed what I already said.

I too have an IQ above the threshold of the average person, but I am not stupid enough to lose my time to some crap that don't work fundamentally when there are better options.

Linux Mint is excellent inside the box I give it, after that it falls apart and I have to spend hours in a forum with useless drivel that almost always does not fix the problem, heck something as simple as installing Steam is a chore if it fails to work and there will be no actual reason, the issue falls beyond logic in some black hole with Linux.

mint is never a good distro imo. it was my first distro, and i also wasted time thinkering with it. You need to switch a few distros a couple times and get familiar with linux in general before you can see the areas which linux actually excel and places which it is much more user friendly than windows.  

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

mint is never a good distro imo. it was my first distro, and i also wasted time thinkering with it. You need to switch a few distros a couple times and get familiar with linux uin general to see the areas which linux actually excel and places which it is much more user friendly than windows.  

Which Ubuntu and Arch also failed at.

I will give you one thing, perhaps my patience wears faster than yours, I think that I can register as just the subjective differences of being human.

Thank you for remaining level headed.

Also I wish you and your daughter the best, she sounds like an awesome kid and you seem like an understanding and patient father.

Vans UltraRange EXO SE

40 minutes ago, OneOfYas said:

Also I wish you and your daughter the best, she sounds like an awesome kid and you seem like an understanding and patient father.

my sister is not my daughter but fair enough. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

==locked==

this thread has run its course

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs