Modem with Vpn and cellular

Acronis95

Hi everyone,

I am unsure on how to search and find a router that has the three features below.

1. vpn the type where it is self hosted like fritzvpn.
  2. vpn connection to Nord VPN and ect
  3. dyndns connection
  4. Cellular backup.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of any modems that have those features all in one package. If by one has suggestions of modems that would be awesome. I will look at accompanying this with a managed switch too if there are any suggestions?

I really am only going to use gigabit but wouldn’t mind the ability to also upgrade to 10 gigabit. All my wiring is Cat 7 but none of my devices are capable of using the bandwidth.

You're going to want to run a small computer as a router do accomplish all this, which will not be "off the shelf" in terms of software setup.

2 hours ago, Acronis95 said:

I am unsure on how to search and find a router that has the three features below.

1. vpn the type where it is self hosted like fritzvpn.
  2. vpn connection to Nord VPN and ect
  3. dyndns connection
  4. Cellular backup.

I agree with @whispous: you'll need a more robust appliance than what a standard router can provide, especially if you'll be maintaining a VPN connection. Look into a device from Protectli (runs pfSense) with a 4G/LTE modem. Here are the instructions for getting 4G/LTE failover to work on their appliances.