How important is Random Write speed on an M.2 SSD for a gaming PC?

GuruMeditationError

Is Random Write speed important for a gaming PC? If so, how important is it?

Is it worth buying an M.2 SSD drive at a 20% discount if it has 85% random-write speed of a full price SSD?

It's basically a choice between an OEM version of a retail SSD, Vs the retail version.

The OEM version is 20% cheaper but it only has 85% the random-write speed.

Is that a good deal?

How much difference to performance would the 15% slower random-write speed make?

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Random write won't help you with loading games if that's what you're wondering, because that's only the speed of writing to the disk not loading data from it. I say buy the OEM one (as long as its life isn't reduced) 

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

Random write won't help you with loading games if that's what you're wondering, because that's only the speed of writing to the disk not loading data from it. I say buy the OEM one (as long as its life isn't reduced) 

Thanks, I'm thinking I might. Just not sure as the 20% reduction works out to about £30 

Not sure if it's worth the saving. I think it probably is, but unless someone can show me otherwise, I think I might just purchase it.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

lol...did that' "like" mean purchase it? :0)

Just now, GuruMeditationError said:

lol...did that' "like" mean purchase it? :0)

If you interpret it that way yes. I do recommend buying the cheaper drive if the speed thing is the only difference but watch out, make sure the drive's hours of life aren't reduced for the OEM one or something

2 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

If you interpret it that way yes. I do recommend buying the cheaper drive if the speed thing is the only difference but watch out, make sure the drive's hours of life aren't reduced for the OEM one or something

It's got the same TBW and the guy selling it says he pulled it from a laptop more or less as soon as he bought it to replace it with a higher capacity drive. He says it's basically unused. So yeah, I guess it's a good deal?

8 minutes ago, GuruMeditationError said:

It's got the same TBW and the guy selling it says he pulled it from a laptop more or less as soon as he bought it to replace it with a higher capacity drive. He says it's basically unused. So yeah, I guess it's a good deal?

'k, so...

...apologies for the double post but:

For just under £15 extra I can get a WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe SSD, which seems to be quite a bit faster than even the retail version of the SSD I'm looking at (according to Anandtech https://www.anandtech.com/show/16505/the-western-digital-wd-black-sn850-ssd-review/3 )

Also, it means I don't have to buy right now, which is a help.