Does anyone have experience with CyberPower?

A friend of mine bought a CyberPower PC (against my advice) and we have found it has a few issues.

The CPU is an AMD FX overclocked to 4.52GHz, with an AIO liquid cooler (120mm rad). It was running very hot, so he replaced the cooler (with one sent from CyberPower and with their permission) and it improved slightly. We then replaced the fans on the radiator and the temps improved again. I came to do a stress test with Prime95 and the temperature started to increase very fast, but then several of the cores stopped testing due to 100 "invalid checksum" errors. The CPU runs way too hot and crashes when rendering video.

I have not tested the cooler. I would love to hear from someone who has had experience with CyberPower PCs whether you think their CPU OC testing is good enough. Is it possible that the CPU is defective and we did not notice until now (over 6 months)? Could it be heat causing instability, or a bad OC causing heat?

Many thanks, FizzyFantom.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

What AMD processor is it exactly?

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

What is the system specs? Also post a picture of the bios cpu voltage etc. @FizzyFantom

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

they seem overpriced and this happened to a youtuber:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IoV5nrV4E0

Wow that sucks :(

As for specs and settings and things I'm currently unsure. I mostly wanted to know about what CyberPower are like at building PCs, specifically when it comes to overclocking.

From what I've read, not too great, but I probably could have guessed that from the components that make up his PC.

Any other info on CyberPower themselves would be much appreciated, but I think we can solve the issues ourselves.

Many thanks, FizzyFantom :)

I've never bought from CyberPower because, Newegg always seems to have a better deals.. I don't really know why your FX-8350 would be hot at 4.5ghz., with liquid cooling. what do you mean by "running very hot". What is your temps? The highest mine goes is like 45C. I am running a FX-8350 at 4.4ghz for about 4-5 months now. I've never used an AIO liquid cooler. I use the H100i.

I've never bought from CyberPower because, Newegg always seems to have a better deals.. I don't really know why your FX-8350 would be hot at 4.5ghz., with liquid cooling. what do you mean by "running very hot". What is your temps? The highest mine goes is like 45C. I am running a FX-8350 at 4.4ghz for about 4-5 months now. I've never used an AIO liquid cooler. I use the H100i.

I dont know what the load temps are, Prime95 stopped due to instability. it sits around 50 degrees C at idle (way too hot right?)

I dont know what the load temps are, Prime95 stopped due to instability. it sits around 50 degrees C at idle (way too hot right?)

Download, CPUID HWMonitor, if you dont have it already. You can always go in and reset your settings CPU to defaults. Yes 50C sounds a little high, that's my PC when playing CPU heavy game. My pc is idle at 33C.

Download, CPUID HWMonitor, if you dont have it already. You can always go in and reset your settings CPU to defaults. Yes 50C sounds a little high, that's my PC when playing CPU heavy game. My pc is idle at 33C.

I figure it is a bad OC, but they don't want me to do anything "drastic" until we know there is "definitely a problem". *sigh*

I figure it is a bad OC, but they don't want me to do anything "drastic" until we know there is "definitely a problem". *sigh*

Try clocking down to stock speeds and run prime95 again.

Try clocking down to stock speeds and run prime95 again.

Go into the BIOS and check the settings. It was probably a fast horrible OC and is on auto or using a ton of voltage.

This was the plan, but they are unconvinced by the BSODs, hangs and instability...

Sometimes people annoy me.

This was the plan, but they are unconvinced by the BSODs, hangs and instability...

Sometimes people annoy me.

lol

Just do it, it's not like they'll know. I also want to see the horrible OC on it :P

lol Just do it, it's not like they'll know. I also want to see the horrible OC on it :P

My point exactly, they don't need the OC, they said their family picked the spec.