when turning off notification on a message you dont get a red 1 on the corner.

adarw

Browser, version and OS: 

chrome os

What happened?

i turned off notifs from a message but when i did that i didnt get a red 1 in the corner when the other person sent a message.

What did you expect to happen?

get a red 1 on the corner when a person messages regardless of what notification settings i put.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

is this by default? is it normal?

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 minute ago, adarw said:

i turned off notifs from a message but when i did that i didnt get a red 1 in the corner when the other person sent a message.

Yep, if you turn off notifications for that conversation you won't be notified when you receive a new message in that conversation. That's the intented behaviour.

What were you hoping would happen by disabling notifications? Did you want to stop receiving emails notifying you of a new PM? You can change the global PM settings to disable email alerts in the notification settings

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Yep, if you turn off notifications for that conversation you won't be notified when you receive a new message in that conversation. That's the intented behaviour.

What were you hoping would happen by disabling notifications? Did you want to stop receiving emails notifying you of a new PM? You can change the global PM settings to disable email alerts in the notification settings

oh ok thanks! 

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#