Alphacool eiswolf 2 to add to my existing eiswolf loop?

jaslion

So basically I need to refill my vega 64's eiswolf 240mm setup again which is a pain since it doesn't have a fillport on mine. So I considered why not just go for it and do a full alphacool setup. I will be going from a sycthe mugen 5 to a 240/280mm rad.

Now my issue is that what is even compatible? I have the first generation alphacool eiswolf 240mm rad one with extended tubes. Are the eisbear 2's, pro's, eisstrorms,... all compatible? Do I need a reservoir? What will I need to do this? I'm kinda overwhelmed by the options here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I'm running a 2700x + vega 64 ( dirt cheap replacement I found locally for my dead 56). The 2700x will most likely be moved to a 12core ryzen cpu in the future and the vega 64 will be replaced by a nvidia rtx card for my 3d rendering needs once prices come down more since for now the busted up laptop that I have does the trick ok enough.

This is why I need help because I want to buy a aio to make my life easier maintaining this loop BUT also want to make sure it stays compatible with the other part of the loop and I'm not sure what works with what here.

This is all going into a meshify c mini as that is my current case. Looks don't matter to me the pc is not seen. All fans are locked to a 26dba profile and are arctic p12's I will reuse. I have p14's available too if it becomes a 280mm rad. The cpu rad will be at the top and as an intake in this setup.

40 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So basically I need to refill my vega 64's eiswolf 240mm setup again which is a pain since it doesn't have a fillport on mine. So I considered why not just go for it and do a full alphacool setup. I will be going from a sycthe mugen 5 to a 240/280mm rad.

Now my issue is that what is even compatible? I have the first generation alphacool eiswolf 240mm rad one with extended tubes. Are the eisbear 2's, pro's, eisstrorms,... all compatible? Do I need a reservoir? What will I need to do this? I'm kinda overwhelmed by the options here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I'm running a 2700x + vega 64 ( dirt cheap replacement I found locally for my dead 56). The 2700x will most likely be moved to a 12core ryzen cpu in the future and the vega 64 will be replaced by a nvidia rtx card for my 3d rendering needs once prices come down more since for now the busted up laptop that I have does the trick ok enough.

This is why I need help because I want to buy a aio to make my life easier maintaining this loop BUT also want to make sure it stays compatible with the other part of the loop and I'm not sure what works with what here.

This is all going into a meshify c mini as that is my current case. Looks don't matter to me the pc is not seen. All fans are locked to a 26dba profile and are arctic p12's I will reuse. I have p14's available too if it becomes a 280mm rad. The cpu rad will be at the top and as an intake in this setup.

we talking this? im guessing the fittings are proprietary so you wold need to replace it with an Alphacool rad with the dc.

Alphacool 11494 Eiswolf 240 GPX Pro AMD RX Vega M01 - Black Water Cooling  Kits, Systems and AIOs : Amazon.ca: Electronics

looks like they did make a 280 old rad upgrade but i dont no were you can buy it now

image.jpeg.23517acdc0fb5889af8c543d60255ec6.jpeg

i dont no if the new (all black fittings) will work the the old (blue and red fittings)

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, narrdarr said:

cant you just combine an alphacool Eisbaer with your eiswolf

Yeah but the issue I have is that they now have multiple versions and since the goal is to later upgrade to a rtx card I want to keep thing compatible.

have a look here

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

6 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

have a look here

Doesn't help me. This is all newer gen stuff. I have the original version on my vega.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

Doesn't help me. This is all newer gen stuff. I have the original version on my vega.

Email alphacool or call them. 

4 hours ago, narrdarr said:

Email alphacool or call them. 

I did no response yet.

I was just thinking the ends to the blocks and rad are standard fitting size. So you could just get your own fittings and some soft tube. Skipping the quick connects all together if you were to run into a compatibility issue.

8 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

I was just thinking the ends to the blocks and rad are standard fitting size. So you could just get your own fittings and some soft tube. Skipping the quick connects all together if you were to run into a compatibility issue.

Fair enough. Little more involved than I'd like but could work. At that point tho I'm basically custom looping :p.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Fair enough. Little more involved than I'd like but could work. At that point tho I'm basically custom looping :p.

Thats only if the quick connects don't work with each other.