Opinions on this PC? (click the link)

Kazmax212

Budget (including currency): will change if necessary

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: gaming in general

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ironsidecomputers.com/product-save/mQlrC

terrible component selection for the price.

10th gen non-k i7 with a z590 makes no sense

also

7 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

i promise the link isnt malware or anything like that

this just makes it seem more suspicious....

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

Looks like your average Ironside system, underpowered as hell.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going with this site. Mainly bad selection of parts and very unclear information on the power supply side. If you really wanted a config, this would be what I would go for: Link (press me lol)

38 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

link do be sussy doe

just note that you wont need 8TB OF HDD SPACE FOR GAMING ONLY just delete old games bruh

2 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going with this site. Mainly bad selection of parts and very unclear information on the power supply side. If you really wanted a config, this would be what I would go for: Link (press me lol)

link do be sussy doe

just note that you wont need 8TB OF HDD SPACE FOR GAMING ONLY just delete old games bruh

S T O R A G E

33 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

what would you recommend?

Just now, Zongohihello said:

but y

i mean ill be using it for a little more than just gaming but ive never owned a pc so idk what to get

only using ironside cause i get a 5% off code (kini)

49 minutes ago, Arika S said:

terrible component selection for the price.

10th gen non-k i7 with a z590 makes no sense

also

this just makes it seem more suspicious....

does a core i7 11th gen make more sense?

58 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

Kinda sus if youd ask me

Plus your pfp is an amogus so absolutely a sus link ඞඞඞ

honestly just build your own pc or get a better perbuilt

15 minutes ago, Zongohihello said:

dont buy trash even if you get a discount - trash is still trash

what exactly is trash? I don't want to go over 2,400-500 so are the parts good for that price range?

52 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

is it underpowered for that price range?

23 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

is it underpowered for that price range?

Dont quote people twice just because they dont answer. I got my own life, jeez.

Anyway, yes. At 2500$ (Ironside listed their price in USD) i expect around 3080 and 5800X money, or even just straight up a full set instead of just tower. At prebuilt thats still gonna be 5600X and 3070 money which would be a door slammer compared to the standard Ironside.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Dont quote people twice just because they dont answer. I got my own life, jeez.

Anyway, yes. At 2500$ (Ironside listed their price in USD) i expect around 3080 and 5800X money, or even just straight up a full set instead of just tower. At prebuilt thats still gonna be 5600X and 3070 money which would be a door slammer compared to the standard Ironside.

Sorry, i didn't realise I quoted you twice, thought it was someone else

On the website, the 3080 and 3070 are both $300-1200, way outside of my price range. I'm not sure what you mean but "just a tower," the price is the whole pc including the components and extra peripherals. I'm not willing to build myself, because it's my first pc and since I'm in Australia, and in a pandemic, I expect that the shipping time will be way to long (looking to get it at around Christmas time, but I don't know when I am actually going to order the parts. But for the price, is this a good pc? It is right in my price range and all the parts seem to be high-performers when it comes to gaming. I'm not sure if the link included the CPU I changed, but now it is an Intel i7 11th gen. The 3060 performs great according to a lot of people, so I don't see the need to waste money on what could be relatively the same thing. 

TLDR: is it a good pc for the price range, I have changed the CPU to an i7 11th gen, I don't want to pre-build, don't see the need for a 3070/80 compared to 3060

1 hour ago, Kazmax212 said:

is it a good pc for the price range

Did me stating that its bad deal TWICE not enough? Christ learn to read the user and the text.

this is what I would go for, half the ram less storage, a cheaper motherboard and 3060ti instead of a 3060, you save like 500 bucks

11 hours ago, Marcos1121231234 said:

this is what I would go for, half the ram less storage, a cheaper motherboard and 3060ti instead of a 3060, you save like 500 bucks

i only have the motherboard because I don't think any of the cheaper options have 4 usb 3 ports, or whatever the standard usb is for keyboards and mice and stuff like that

edit: why halve the ram? I thought 32gb was the recommended for modern games like Apex and DOOM: Eternal. Also, I see why you would want to halve the storage, I've never had a PC before so I'm not sure what the standard is

12 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Did me stating that its bad deal TWICE not enough? Christ learn to read the user and the text.

wow, I didn't realise that I had to be really specific.

Will the PC perform well in gaming. That's all I care about, WILL THE PERFORMANCE REFLECT THE PRICE? WILL I HAVE 100FPS AVERAGE, AND IF SO, I DON'T SEE HOW THIS IS A "BAD DEAL." It might not be top-of-the-line, but that is my budget and those parts are what I think will work best. I don't care if it cant run 8k Ultra HD Raytracing DOOM: Eternal 7000fps, I just want at least 100 frames constant and for the game to look ok. Are you telling me that this PC is a bad deal just because the parts are lower standard than the best on the market? If so, no, it is not a "bad deal"

1 hour ago, Kazmax212 said:

Are you telling me that this PC is a bad deal just because the parts are lower standard than the best on the market? If so, no, it is not a "bad deal"

You do know what a "bad deal" means?
This is what you are looking at:
image.thumb.png.e0b17263cfe959bd146090266f8f8395.png

Now compare it one of these:

image.thumb.png.3494e3bf2cdeeb299d925a4f57872bf3.png

image.thumb.png.e03f2604940a22dcbd99a83602a3ee3d.png

I wouldn't even call these two "good deals", more like "ok deal considering the current GPU prices".

Additional storage you don't really need that much, but if you really want it, here is how much one of those 4TB drives costs:

image.png.f6205c04a9ca9346dc3756e7d03dff0c.png

If you still don't get why it is a bad deal...
Look at it this way, If you could buy a really nice and good quality lunch at a restaurant for 50$ and instead you bought a sandwich at a gas station for 50$, either way you will no longer be hungry but buying that sandwich was a bad deal.

15 hours ago, Kazmax212 said:

TLDR: is it a good pc for the price range, I have changed the CPU to an i7 11th gen, I don't want to pre-build, don't see the need for a 3070/80 compared to 3060

Ok, consider 3060TI at least:

image.thumb.png.8a3ef1628c45ec14178501c1a44343c0.png

Or here, pure 3060:

image.thumb.png.9158bffc0199a13d2cdb3b538012c7a0.png

Again, not saying these are "good", more like ok... The point is I am trying to show you what the price range should be for what you want... It shouldn't be 2500$ but closer to 1600$ +  2 x 85$ HDDs if you really want those.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

24 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

You do know what a "bad deal" means?
This is what you are looking at:
image.thumb.png.e0b17263cfe959bd146090266f8f8395.png

Now compare it one of these:

image.thumb.png.3494e3bf2cdeeb299d925a4f57872bf3.png

image.thumb.png.e03f2604940a22dcbd99a83602a3ee3d.png

I wouldn't even call these two "good deals", more like "ok deal considering the current GPU prices".

Additional storage you don't really need that much, but if you really want it, here is how much one of those 4TB drives costs:

image.png.f6205c04a9ca9346dc3756e7d03dff0c.png

If you still don't get why it is a bad deal...
Look at it this way, If you could buy a really nice and good quality lunch at a restaurant for 50$ and instead you bought a sandwich at a gas station for 50$, either way you will no longer be hungry but buying that sandwich was a bad deal.

Ok, consider 3060TI at least:

image.thumb.png.8a3ef1628c45ec14178501c1a44343c0.png

Or here, pure 3060:

image.thumb.png.9158bffc0199a13d2cdb3b538012c7a0.png

Again, not saying these are "good", more like ok... The point is I am trying to show you what the price range should be for what you want... It shouldn't be 2500$ but closer to 1600$ +  2 x 85$ HDDs if you really want those.

so what website do you recommend for getting a "good deal" for a pc?

The PC also gets a 5% off code (code: bikini), so that lowers the price a bit.

If you are only saying that the price is too high considering the price, then I understand

Something that for some reason no one will tell me is if the actual performance of the pc will be good.

100fps always and I'm happy. always 1440p and I'm happy. Can any of these PCs do this?

edit: it also includes a Patriot Viper Blackout Edition gaming mouse and an RBG mousepad, so that raises the price a bit

1 hour ago, Downkey said:

welp my ip just got grabbed

dang, you got me

57 minutes ago, Kazmax212 said:

100fps always and I'm happy. always 1440p and I'm happy. Can any of these PCs do this?

First let me say that is a strange FPS number to pick. You should aim to have FPS the same or above of your monitor's refresh rate, which is at least 60Hz but for fast paced / competitive titles you should opt for a monitor that can do 120Hz or 144Hz or 165Hz.

Second, it entirely depends on the game you are playing, game settings and resolution (that much we know: 1440p).
For e-sport titles like Valorant, Overwatch, CS:GO, LoL... yeah it will do 100+ all the time (heck it will probably do 400+).
But for new AAA titles with settings maxed out, you can easily see fps bellow your 100 target:

image.thumb.png.5d746befb2f19fb9718b6b8e0a759077.png

https://youtu.be/wA09fUawSuw?t=228

It doesn't mean it wont be able to hit 100FPS with a 3060... just not at ultra settings and 1440p.

Or here an older title, like Batteliefd 5, even with a 3060TI and DLSS enabled (which help with FPS) when you max out setting and enable Ray Tracing (which drops FPS, a lot):

image.thumb.png.4309dc986d0e905f9b3154f1b1b16a6c.png

https://youtu.be/eEoQkc_rXEU?t=1032

Again, it doesn't mean you can't stay above 100FPS, same game, same settings and just disabling RT will boost performance a lot:

image.thumb.png.589fdf6eeb721d3297b3155335a3764e.png

In order to pick which GPU you want I recommend you head to YT and watch some GPU side by side comparison videos, like this one:

These videos will usually have pretty good CPU and RAM so that those two aren't the limiting factor.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet