AUSTRALIA : National Broadband Network 2016 three year plan

nbn-three-year-construction-update-2013-

1.3 more million homes and businesses were added to the NBN construction timeline today.  NBNCo has released a new three year going to 2016.  NBNCo has updated their roll out map to include more and more houses.  I am one of the lucky ones to have been added to this map! 

http://www.nbnco.com.au/when-do-i-get-it/rollout-map.html

SOURCE : http://www.nbnco.com.au/blog/1-3-million-more-homes-businesses-added-to-nbn-timetable.html

The end of aussies having shitty net?

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

yea maybe by 2020, it will roll out... always get delays

and if tony abbott has his way will be back on dial up because thats what we need  <_< 

i know some people already on its mad, dunno when I'll get it though

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I'm moving into Chelsea heights within the year and constructions already started there. So hopefully I'll have fiber by early to mid next year :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Same here, finally my suburb is on the rollout map but it say in 3 years time which is fine considering i am already getting 100mbits with Telstra and by 3 years time, the plans and price would change and hopefully go down. 

Nope... My place still isn't on the rollout map. Sad face :(

Nope... My place still isn't on the rollout map. Sad face :(

Hang in their Buddy! Help is on the way.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Hang in their Buddy! Help is on the way.

The sad thing is, the street a few minutes away from me is already connected to the NBN. So mean :(

Like I've always said, my favourite people to recruit into any clan, team or guild are Aussies, so I do hope you guys work out the kinks RE: internet.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Have you guys decided on what plans you may go on? At the moment i'm paying $100 and once of the NBN, i would get the default speed of 12mbps with while still paying $100 unless i get the boost pack which is an extra $20 to get 100mbps hence why i am really happy with my current plan. Just hoping pricing will change and hopefully it would cheaper in 3 years time which is when NBN is coming. Tony Abbot is a complete joke, he has no idea what he is talking about and he doesn't understanding of moving forward with technology.

The end of aussies having shitty net?

What are u really asking?  Will everyone finally get off dialup?  Will everyone be able to play online games on USA servers with lower latency?  Will skype work better?

No.. the NBN only provides a faster connection within Australia... connecting to the outside world is a different story.

I have the Optus SpeedBoost plan which gives me 100 Mbps( roughly 10 megabytes/sec) down and 1.5 Mbps up.  I can download torrents quickly, windows updates and nvidia drivers insanely fast.  NOT EVERYTHING IS FAST.  If im downloading a file from a website that only sends to me a 50 kilobytes/sec...then THATS ALL IM GETTING..not 100Mbps.  It all has to do with the connections of those SENDING data to you.  The NBN wont be the bees knees everyone is making it out to be.  It will improve speeds for SENDING data across the internet within Australia.  Upload speed has ALWAYS been lower than download speeds... because not everyone needs that upload speed.  Businesses can pay a huge amount of money for the upload..and they do... but its clearly out of reach for the common residential customer.  Any improvements of speed over the net to other countries entirely depends on your ISP and how much bandwidth they decide to give you.. which has nothing to do with the NBN.

If the UPLOAD speed increases to like 40Mbps and the throttle is relaxed, then GREAT!  Im all for it.  It has very little to do with the NBN tho.

I can see the uses of this, video skype, medical industry, online data storage industry, education industry...anything involving huge files, video, confrencing, etc.  Cant make that flight / meeting on time?  Skype in with 0 latency. Need that 10 gigabyte video file in a hurry?  Boom!  Downloaded!  Just make sure u can support the upload!

I have a TV tuner that can support streaming outside of my home network.. but my home 1.5 Mbps connection falls way short of capable to SEND the data.  It would be great to watch TV live streams at work... or watch game of thrones on the train.. etc.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Ah, buddy? I'm getting 100Mbps Down and 40Mbps up with my NBN connection, there is no ISP based throttling with NBN Fibre 

2675468682.png

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

I wonder when these kinda speed will come to India, probably 2023, i am using 512kbps internet

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

What are u really asking?  Will everyone finally get off dialup?  Will everyone be able to play online games on USA servers with lower latency?  Will skype work better?

No.. the NBN only provides a faster connection within Australia... connecting to the outside world is a different story.

I have the Optus SpeedBoost plan which gives me 100 Mbps( roughly 10 megabytes/sec) down and 1.5 Mbps up.  I can download torrents quickly, windows updates and nvidia drivers insanely fast.  NOT EVERYTHING IS FAST.  If im downloading a file from a website that only sends to me a 50 kilobytes/sec...then THATS ALL IM GETTING..not 100Mbps.  It all has to do with the connections of those SENDING data to you.  The NBN wont be the bees knees everyone is making it out to be.  It will improve speeds for SENDING data across the internet within Australia.  Upload speed has ALWAYS been lower than download speeds... because not everyone needs that upload speed.  Businesses can pay a huge amount of money for the upload..and they do... but its clearly out of reach for the common residential customer.  Any improvements of speed over the net to other countries entirely depends on your ISP and how much bandwidth they decide to give you.. which has nothing to do with the NBN.

If the UPLOAD speed increases to like 40Mbps and the throttle is relaxed, then GREAT!  Im all for it.  It has very little to do with the NBN tho.

I can see the uses of this, video skype, medical industry, online data storage industry, education industry...anything involving huge files, video, confrencing, etc.  Cant make that flight / meeting on time?  Skype in with 0 latency. Need that 10 gigabyte video file in a hurry?  Boom!  Downloaded!  Just make sure u can support the upload!

I have a TV tuner that can support streaming outside of my home network.. but my home 1.5 Mbps connection falls way short of capable to SEND the data.  It would be great to watch TV live streams at work... or watch game of thrones on the train.. etc.

I know, i was saying it ironically. I know the technical limitations of having an island so far out with only a limited amount of possible underwater fibre connections.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Well it looks like I'm not going to get it for another 4-10 years, I really question if it is worth all the money because the time it is finished in 2021, 100m/b down would probably be considered slow. Although I do support FTTH if its going to cost over 30 billion dollars and take over 10 years to complete I really don't think it's worth it.

However my opinion may have been slighlty different if it was available in the area I live.

Tony Abbot is a complete joke, he has no idea what he is talking about and he doesn't understanding of moving forward with technology.

I turn 18 in August. I was steadfast on not enrolling to vote, but as soon as Tony Abbot came out with his "Fibre to the street corner and copper to the homes".... I guess I'm enrolling now.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

I'm next in line for the National Broadband in the Hunter Valley :)

Ah, buddy? I'm getting 100Mbps Down and 40Mbps up with my NBN connection, there is no ISP based throttling with NBN Fibre 

2675468682.png

any chance you could ping a server in USA and see what kind of speeds and stuff you get there? I'm curious if you don't mind.

i am serposed to have the nbn now but sadly not yet, there are other places around town that have it but no me :(

Desktop 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6800k @ 4.2GHz Mobo: Asus X99 Strix GPU: 2x Asus Strix 970 RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz, SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB, 2x Intel 520 256GB HDD: 2TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv atx Tempered Glass Monitor: Asus PG278Q, Asus PB278

Laptop 

Spoiler

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 256GB 8GB RAM

Server 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Xeon E5 2620 v4 Mobo: Asus X99-A RAM: 32GB Corsair vengeance 2400MHz SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) RAID Controller: Adaptec RAID 81605ZQ, HighPoint RocketRAID 2720SGL HDD: 12x WD 4TB Red Case: Norcotek RPC4224

any chance you could ping a server in USA and see what kind of speeds and stuff you get there? I'm curious if you don't mind.

2692143777.png

i7 930 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte X58A-UD7 | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB | WD5000AAKX 500GB | Samsung SH-B083A Bluray Drive | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB GV-N670OC-2GD | Corsair 12GB 1600Mhz CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 | Corsair H50 in Push Pull | SeaSonic X750 | CM 690 II Advanced | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | HP 2159M 1080p | Asus ProArt PA238Q 23" 1080p IPS Monitor | Asus VS239H IPS 1080p (Portrait) | Razer BlackWidow Expert MX Blue (2011) | Razer Lachesis 5600

2692143777.pngThanks man its about what I expected

I mean, that's better than what I get and I'm in the US. of course, I have cheap parents.

all I have to do is get through this summer and I'll be on the US's second best internet connection! (well, UGA pipes their internet from GA tech... so does that count?)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

2692143777.png

i thought it would be better MS....